The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Where is the front auxiliary power point?

ericge

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:23 AM
Reaction score
Definitely the pics look nothing like my layout - RH drive diesel. I'm guessing the pics are from a petrol engine... Still, I should be able to see the take-off point - but I can't.

ericge

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Mmh - it's enough to start a conspiracy theory on... Mind you, this is the RH side and I've read the 25A connection is on that side. And I can't see anything suitable on the LH side.

Attachments

• RH side.jpg
    RH side.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 58

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:23 PM
Reaction score
You said back in post #5 you have the basic station wagon. Just to confirm, you did add the optional HIGH LOAD AUXILIARY SWITCH PANEL & ELECTRICAL PREPARATION in your order? Sorry if I missed that somewhere. You did mention a winch switch in #16.

'Four additional, high ampage, pre-wired auxiliary switches with fuses and wiring running to various points in the vehicle. This option allows for quick and easy installation of aftermarket accessories such as winches and light bars and is activated using dedicated switches in the overhead console. This option includes four external electrical sockets in the tie-down rail recesses.'

ericge

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
overhead.jpg
You said back in post #5 you have the basic station wagon. Just to confirm, you did add the optional HIGH LOAD AUXILIARY SWITCH PANEL & ELECTRICAL PREPARATION in your order? Sorry if I missed that somewhere. You did mention a winch switch in #16.

'Four additional, high ampage, pre-wired auxiliary switches with fuses and wiring running to various points in the vehicle. This option allows for quick and easy installation of aftermarket accessories such as winches and light bars and is activated using dedicated switches in the overhead console. This option includes four external electrical sockets in the tie-down rail recesses.'
Ah - good question. The pic is of my overhead panel. I did read somewhere that the 'pwr' switch simply keeps the USB port live for charging even when the ignition switch is off. But that should still leave me with one external connector somewhere...

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:23 PM
Reaction score
View attachment 7825374

Ah - good question. The pic is of my overhead panel. I did read somewhere that the 'pwr' switch simply keeps the USB port live for charging even when the ignition switch is off. But that should still leave me with one external connector somewhere...
So you only have the 10A outlet on the right hand side as you are looking into the engine bay
1693474147625.png

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:23 PM
Reaction score
Here is where mine is on petrol version RHD circled in green IMG_1737.jpeg

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ah, yes, forgot there could be a difference between left hand and right hand drive. (y)
I think there must be another somewhere that I haven’t looked for yet as there should be both 10a and 25a supplies as you have 👍🏼

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'll have another look tomorrow to confirm, but no. See pic above. If we assume that side is for the 25A conne3ction, I have to really search hard on the other side...
According to your picture above you don’t have the high load auxiliary wiring but you should still have the 10a supply under the bonnet but not the 25a supply IMG_0369.jpg

ericge

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
According to your picture above you don’t have the high load auxiliary wiring but you should still have the 10a supply under the bonnet but not the 25a supply View attachment 7825388

I give up. After spending even more time under the vehicle and leaning over both sides into the engine bay, I have followed the wiring loom and NO TAKE-OFF POINT. It's not there. Now all I can do is complain, and I'm afraid that apart from the good folk here, there will be nothing but deaf ears.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:23 PM
Reaction score
I give up. After spending even more time under the vehicle and leaning over both sides into the engine bay, I have followed the wiring loom and NO TAKE-OFF POINT. It's not there. Now all I can do is complain, and I'm afraid that apart from the good folk here, there will be nothing but deaf ears.
The 10A should be there anyway. Ask your dealer, but sometimes they don't know either

ericge

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The 10A should be there anyway. Ask your dealer, but sometimes they don't know either
The dealer has already been asked. Here is their reply :-" "

I'll let you all know if anything changes. I'm sure you will be letting me know if anything comes to light.

Back
Top Bottom