The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What's going on ???? Inverter again

Local time
8:45 AM
Reaction score
Hi All IM now not sure who to believe I have been told by Ineos reps on numerous occasions. that. there will. be an inverter fitted but now have received conflicting information from coustomer services . Who do we believe will do some more digging .Im not impressed to say the least.

CASE REFERENCE: 74228

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you very much for contacting INEOS Automotive.
It was great speaking to you today.

I can confirm that when you order the Auxiliary battery the inverter will come with this.
I am unsure who told you otherwise.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,

Megan

INEOS Grenadier Customer Service

CASE REFERENCE: 74228

Hi Jon

I have been given new information regarding the inverter.

I do apologies, the inverter WAS something that we had initially but now will only be available in the future. I am sorry for giving old information but I myself have only just received this update.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,

Megan

INEOS Grenadier Customer Service

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@CountyV8 You can believe Megan's later update.

I repeat my earlier post elsewhere on the forum it's my understanding that the 2000W inverter was always intended to be available as an optional additional cost accessory, which just as with the gull wing windows, did not appear in the configurator and price list earlier in the year. I think somebody had mentioned a revised extended accessories list being made available as from around September time, but clearly with supply chain issues and a strike at Hambach that has not happened. Maybe once a normal pattern of production and delivery is established we may see an extension of available accessories and configurable options.

Accessories - Inverter.png

Local time
Reaction score
Maybe the best choice would be if we all stop asking the question
Looks like the petrol won't get a dipstick now ,they need to give us more information when we signed up we were told there was going to be an inverter now there is no inverter but if we fit our own there maybe one available as an accessory ???? They should all babe singing from the same hymn sheet.

Last edited:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:45 PM
Reaction score
Looks like the petrol won't get a dipstick now ,they need to give us more information when we signed up we were told there was going to be an inverter now there is no inverter but if we fit our own there maybe one available as an accessory ???? They should all babe singing from the same gym sheet.
The website and brochure states clearly that it is subject to change.
I assume spell correction changed Hymn Sheet to Gym Sheet.
1665612032584.png

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
9:45 AM
Reaction score
Though it's not nice I don't wonder about such changes. But in this particular case (and there are for sure others as well) I see a clear fail on the customer service side.

It's doubtlessly so that the inverter option is postponed for some months. So it must not happen that a customer question about that is simply answered wrong by - the customer support!

In Aufenau I had an excellent example of an Ineos rep answering my questions not before having consulted the respective INEOS documents online with his mobile phone for each single question. That's how it should be.

It's either the way customer service receives its information, or an issue with the reliability of some of them to review every single question each single time it's asked in documentation that is still changing frequently.

In the first case it's a flaw in the business process, in the second one it's a fail of the person answering the ticket.

So the only possible answer from us is maybe "can you please double check?".

Last edited:

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I think the simple fact is that the project team brainstormed a whole host of features and options, mocked some up and even prototyped a few.

Marketing got hold of them and started using them in their output.

Then they ran into issues with running down the project team and ramping up the staff team ~ the term used seems to be "onboarding". The people who were meant to go out to the aftermarket and source these items for the production line, are not in place or are only just taking up positions. Just look on LinkedIn and the evidence is right there.

I think the issues of communication between various departments and the customer service teams also speaks to this intense, slightly chaotic mode of operations. Ideally, this would all have been done, or at least more substantially, prior to even launching the vehicle.

So things are getting left behind for the sake of getting something out of the door soon. I'm not saying Sir Jim isn't a patient man, but he must be more fed up than any of us that his senior management have told him twice since July of new delays.

The talk is of getting this right, not rushing it, but it does look like items are being sacrificed to pull delivery forward.

We have a choice though.

Get in there first, miss a few goodies, perhaps save 10%.

Wait, get all the goodies, pay 10% more (plus the cost of the goodies).

So it looks like there's a quantifiable financial value attached to both choices. We just have to decide what's right for each of us.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:45 PM
Reaction score
I think the simple fact is that the project team brainstormed a whole host of features and options, mocked some up and even prototyped a few.

Marketing got hold of them and started using them in their output.

Then they ran into issues with running down the project team and ramping up the staff team ~ the term used seems to be "onboarding". The people who were meant to go out to the aftermarket and source these items for the production line, are not in place or are only just taking up positions. Just look on LinkedIn and the evidence is right there.

I think the issues of communication between various departments and the customer service teams also speaks to this intense, slightly chaotic mode of operations. Ideally, this would all have been done, or at least more substantially, prior to even launching the vehicle.

So things are getting left behind for the sake of getting something out of the door soon. I'm not saying Sir Jim isn't a patient man, but he must be more fed up than any of us that his senior management have told him twice since July of new delays.

The talk is of getting this right, not rushing it, but it does look like items are being sacrificed to pull delivery forward.

We have a choice though.

Get in there first, miss a few goodies, perhaps save 10%.

Wait, get all the goodies, pay 10% more (plus the cost of the goodies).

So it looks like there's a quantifiable financial value attached to both choices. We just have to decide what's right for each of us.
An extra A$10,000 is a lot extra to wait and get a few extra "goodies" - not for me.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
really annoys me on my D4 not having a dipstick and having to wait 10mins to take an electronic reading. why can modern engines not have both??? Something as significant as the life blood of the engine should be readily checkable, warm, cold, level surface or not etc etc without having to turn the ignition on, wait for system check and then decide if it wants to tell you.

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
There's no mention of the inverter in the brochure or spec list so I am not expecting one to be there. So, what's a 2000w inverter worth anyway? If I must take my espresso machine with me everywhere what's it going to cost? Given the faux power socket in the rear of the centre console is so close to the battery under the rear seats the install would not be too hard?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
not having a dipstick and having to wait 10mins to take an electronic reading
That was my first question when the Ineos rep told me about the missing dipstick.

According to him, this is not the case with the B58. The only requirements are that the oil has not less than 60 °C and the car is level. And that makes sense imho: The time needed for the oil being collected in the oil sump is a known value, so the 'real' amount of oil can be calculated. I know this guy already from the Abentuer & Allrad fair, and to date, he's always been conscientious with his answers.

Though I find it a bit crazy that to check the oil you first have to start your engine (to get it hot) and then get the result ... 🙃

Apart from that, my personal opinion is that there should be a dipstick in any motor. A sensor can fail, a dipstick not. And there are no piston-engines without a dipstick in airplanes - for a reason.

Before every flight, we even measure the fuel level with a wooden stick, although we have fuel gauges in the cockpit. No joke.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
They should just have a sight window in the sump. That's what we use in Porsche 928 auto transmissions.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
And, deep in the bays of the engine, a camera to check it on the monitor. ;-)

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Apart from that, my personal opinion is that there should be a dipstick in any motor. A sensor can fail, a dipstick not.

It's another feature of recent Landrovers ~ broken dipsticks. Tips fall off where there're attached to the wire rope shaft; or the wire rope shaft detaches from the plastic handle.

Either way, sump has to come off, and as sump is a thin pressed part, it cannot be refitted, so that's a new sump required as well.

Sir Jim, or someone else in the project team, clearly has a list of "hairs in the soup" and are going about ticking them off.

People should be less dismissive of those that have lived these type of issues for many years...

Starting an engine to check the oil does sound odd though.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:45 AM
Reaction score
That was my first question when the Ineos rep told me about the missing dipstick.

According to him, this is not the case with the B58. The only requirements are that the oil has not less than 60 °C and the car is level. And that makes sense imho: The time needed for the oil being collected in the oil sump is a known value, so the 'real' amount of oil can be calculated. I know this guy already from the Abentuer & Allrad fair, and to date, he's always been conscientious with his answers.

Though I find it a bit crazy that to check the oil you first have to start your engine (to get it hot) and then get the result ... 🙃

Apart from that, my personal opinion is that there should be a dipstick in any motor. A sensor can fail, a dipstick not. And there are no piston-engines without a dipstick in airplanes - for a reason.

Before every flight, we even measure the fuel level with a wooden stick, although we have fuel gauges in the cockpit. No joke.
You also check the Venturi nozzle, among other things, before every take-off. There is a good reason for that.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
You're right. But we have to check a lot more things.

The most anachronistic one is the fuel check. A wooden stick in every SEP/MEP airplane ... 🙃

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:45 PM
Reaction score

Just buy the B57 with the dipstick

IG Pop

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
There's no mention of the inverter in the brochure or spec list so I am not expecting one to be there. So, what's a 2000w inverter worth anyway? If I must take my espresso machine with me everywhere what's it going to cost? Given the faux power socket in the rear of the centre console is so close to the battery under the rear seats the install would not be too hard?
From what I read recently there will only be the two USB connectors an no further 🔌 in the rear of the console….

Local time
Reaction score
You're right. But we have to check a lot more things.

The most anachronistic one is the fuel check. A wooden stick in every SEP/MEP airplane ... 🙃
No one checks their cars emax they just jump in them and go imagine doing that in a plane .

Back
Top Bottom