The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What's going on ???? Inverter again

Inez

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
12:13 PM
Reaction score
really annoys me on my D4 not having a dipstick and having to wait 10mins to take an electronic reading. why can modern engines not have both??? Something as significant as the life blood of the engine should be readily checkable, warm, cold, level surface or not etc etc without having to turn the ignition on, wait for system check and then decide if it wants to tell you.
If your oil was ok when you parked, there is a high probability that it is ok when you get going again.

Edit: I also would like a dipstick, just to be clear. I understand the difference between hot and cold oil, volume wise etc. and I know that leaks can happen, but for the most part, I'll stand by my previous sentence.

Last edited:
Local time
5:13 PM
Reaction score
If your oil was ok when you parked, there is a high probability that it is ok when you get going again.
Yes true but not 100% and you cant check the condition of the oil if there is water in it blown head gasket etc etc there is much more to the dipstick than checking the oil level.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Especially now you have DPFs and oil dilution.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Edit: I also would like a dipstick, just to be clear. I understand the difference between hot and cold oil, volume wise etc. and I know that leaks can happen, but for the most part, I'll stand by my previous sentence.
as cv8 said but also because of the fancy thinking you have to park somewhere level and it wont let you access the level for 10-15mins!!! Just b""shit system all round

Back
Top Bottom