The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What is the torque setting for the rear tow hitch 4 bolts?

Shawnpalmer

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
12:32 PM
Reaction score
I will be mounting the towing receiver to my truck and would like to know the correct torque spec for the four bolts that mount it to the truck…

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi @Shawnpalmer
I had the Rockinger tow hitch with VarioBloc interchangeable system fitted (see https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/towing-again.12411575/post-1333244079).
The manufacturer Rockinger specifies a torque of 66 Nm for the 4 M10 bolts.

Maybe that will help.
He's asking for the actual assembly bolted to the chassis... @Shawnpalmer I would give your dealer (assuming Regal) a shout, I'm sure they can pull up the torque specs. Or follow the generic German torque spec, Gutentight

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
He's asking for the actual assembly bolted to the chassis... @Shawnpalmer I would give your dealer (assuming Regal) a shout, I'm sure they can pull up the torque specs. Or follow the generic German torque spec, Gutentight
Thank you @anand. Then I misunderstood. Sorry.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:32 PM
Reaction score
Not saying this is a stand in for official Ineos torque info but a ready reckoner as rule of thumb for various sizes/tensile bolts. Perhaps useful.

Attachments

• IMG_0444.jpeg
    IMG_0444.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 31

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I will be mounting the towing receiver to my truck and would like to know the correct torque spec for the four bolts that mount it to the truck…
Torque spec is f###ng tight 😂. I tried to take my hitch off using a three foot bar and socket and couldn’t budge it. 😳

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Torque spec is f###ng tight 😂. I tried to take my hitch off using a three foot bar and socket and couldn’t budge it. 😳
That's pronounced Gütentight, normal German torque spec... Roughly translates to 3 ugga-duggas in American air-impact

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My Torque only goes up to 200 Foot Lbs so that's what I did mine to at the weekend. I felt like the terminator afterwards!

Back
Top Bottom