The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What i have learned about the Grenadier inventory.

bikesandguitars

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
3:34 AM
Reaction score
I have the Queens Red Trial Master with cloth interior, no safari windows on 17” steelies. My wife has the Scottish White Field Master, leather, rough pack, safari windows on 18” alloys.

I originally ordered the Field Master that my wife now drives for myself. I wanted safari windows. I thought they were a necessity. But when I went for my test drive before delivery, I realized that the full sized rack would delete the safari windows and they became less of a need. I spend a considerable amount of time off road and wanted the option to carry more gear, gas, water, roof top tent, fly rod case, boat, boxes, etc.

The leather vs cloth issue boils down to use. I prefer the very high quality cloth for how I use the vehicle. The leather is certainly more elegant. My wife loves it.

I spend enough time in my wife’s Field Master to realize the safari windows are like every other car with a sunroof that we’ve owned. We’ll rarely use them. And honestly, with the strength of the sun living at 6,000 feet elevation, I think the safari windows may became an issue in the mid day, summer sun. We’ll see.

As for color, the Queens Red looks great in the field. It’s really grown on me. It looks like fine wine. And just like a good wine, the more you look at it, the more you see. It’s a great color.

My advice to any potential buyer would be, get one soon! They’re all good. Very few people know about this vehicle. Demand will increase and in my opinion, the current starting price of $71,500 US is a bargain. It’s a lot of car for the money.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:34 AM
Reaction score
I have the Queens Red Trial Master with cloth interior, no safari windows on 17” steelies. My wife has the Scottish White Field Master, leather, rough pack, safari windows on 18” alloys.

I originally ordered the Field Master that my wife now drives for myself. I wanted safari windows. I thought they were a necessity. But when I went for my test drive before delivery, I realized that the full sized rack would delete the safari windows and they became less of a need. I spend a considerable amount of time off road and wanted the option to carry more gear, gas, water, roof top tent, fly rod case, boat, boxes, etc.

The leather vs cloth issue boils down to use. I prefer the very high quality cloth for how I use the vehicle. The leather is certainly more elegant. My wife loves it.

I spend enough time in my wife’s Field Master to realize the safari windows are like every other car with a sunroof that we’ve owned. We’ll rarely use them. And honestly, with the strength of the sun living at 6,000 feet elevation, I think the safari windows may became an issue in the mid day, summer sun. We’ll see.

As for color, the Queens Red looks great in the field. It’s really grown on me. It looks like fine wine. And just like a good wine, the more you look at it, the more you see. It’s a great color.

My advice to any potential buyer would be, get one soon! They’re all good. Very few people know about this vehicle. Demand will increase and in my opinion, the current starting price of $71,500 US is a bargain. It’s a lot of car for the money.
I agree with you on that!

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Interestingly - I love putting all the windows down and popping hte safari roofs open - especially when its just me. Starting to think a stereo upgrade may be in order for those days.

IslandFalconer

Production/Transit
Local time
6:34 AM
Reaction score
Since the latest update that has pushed my Grenadier back to a Oct, I have been scouring the dealer sites to see available options. Here are some of my random thoughts.

*so many are base models that are random interiors. As if people had fever dreams when building out their options. For example black and white leather, no heated seats and that's it. As if someone decided, I can only afford a base but I would not be caught dead driving utility seats.

*no I don't want the safari windows. Many of the models do not have safari windows. Again these are ones for sale. One of coolest options and most of inventory does not have them.

* saddle leather. Again non existent, makes me think the percentage of people here in USA do not have the saddle leather.

* one dealer has several trialmasters. But the kicker, they are all on 18. Makes me think the dealer thought the fake rock ring wheels would sell better than the steelies.

* silver and queens red are at bottom of list and the blue shades are at the top. Many of the inventory models are one of the 3 shades of blue. A lot of blue were ordered by people. Queen red is nowhere to be seen. I have found 2. I have found more silver than queen red but again it is in the single digits. Also their are very few with contrasting roofs in general.

My takeaway is those individuals that ordered their grenadier and walked away, were people who was already stretching their budget to get into one. Or they did not want the trialmaster/fieldmaster plate and wanted the built on purpose plate. But then built out something that had one or two things different. Finally, I have some must haves and this is what's make me so picky. One that has surprised me the most is the saddle leather. I didn't realize how much I wanted it until today. I would take a silver or queens red options but none of them have the saddle leather.
People often make strange decisions. I ordered a base. Leather, black, steel wheels A/T tires.Premium sound, Rough Pack No winch.
My regret I didn’t order the compass, I missed it somewhere. Also somehow the Hitch didn’t make it on to my build, but it was on my pre order.
I’m happy with the build, it’s utility but upscale.

pmatusov

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:34 AM
Reaction score
Ordered mine as a rock bottom base model with diff locks and tow hitch.
The single, solitary, regret is not ordering the roof access ladder.
I am super happy of not having safari windows or dual battery setup or leather or factory roof rack.
I like the light blue with white roof paint, but I prefer my vehicles white (when they are not "tijuana rescues").

dreamalaska

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:34 AM
Reaction score
Ordered mine as a rock bottom base model with diff locks and tow hitch.
The single, solitary, regret is not ordering the roof access ladder.
I am super happy of not having safari windows or dual battery setup or leather or factory roof rack.
I like the light blue with white roof paint, but I prefer my vehicles white (when they are not "tijuana rescues").
You shouldn’t regret that. As soon as Leitner has a NA supplier for their stuff you can order their updated ladder that also carries a Jerry can and you’ll be the envy of every kid on the block. Just sayin’

GN4HIR

Forum Donor
Local time
4:34 AM
Reaction score
I looked through the inventory at Mossy in Houston. Vehicles from $73,100 up to $90,000. What surprised me was the high number without hitches. Also, why would you ever get the black roof in Texas? It is hot as hell here 8 months of the year and the black roof will make the IG an oven. If I'd bought a dark color IG, I would have gotten the roof wrapped in white vinyl to reduce heat. In the end, my must haves were the hitch and lockers with steel wheels.

Local time
10:34 AM
Reaction score
Just my opinion: If I will order IG it will be as basic as possible (I would like even less gadgets than the basic has) but prepared for off-road so diff locks included. My cars are for going from A to B and for that I really don't need loads of unnecessary equipment. And my keeping period of cars is decades, not years.

Some examples:
  • Sunroofs/safari windows may sound nice until they start to leak. Not if, but when.
  • And when the car gets older you start to have problems with electric connectors, earth points, wires chafing to body or other wires and electronic controllers begin to fail the repairs are either terribly expensive or in worst case completely impossible (i.e. availability of electronic controllers or components to those). Blue Disco is now 31 years old and I have disconnected feed to rear wiper and washer due to wiring problems. Still my best car by far.

IMG_3367.jpg

I attended once a car show of special cars arranged by one of my customers. There I found out that the show was intended for teenage boys that didn't understand the building of an off-road car at all. My blue Discovery was there and it has equipment worth over 12000 € (+ lots welding :) ) but all that is mainly invisible below the body. No shiny painting, taped stripes, racing seats or expensive audio equipment. I remeber one guy looking at the driver's window of Range Rover: "You haven't put effort on the interior". I replied: "Wouldn't help my progress off-road".

IMG-20240204-WA0001.jpg

RR_interior.jpg

RickTok

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
I may have over optioned the base model as my truck was a fairly early order and was supposed to be here November/December last year. I wanted all the off road stuff but not the snorkel. Now it's mid-May. Can't find it on any ships. Dealer says it was built and is somewhere between Belgium and Pennsylvania. Donney Grey, white roof, safari windows, rear ladder, red frame, trailer hitch, front and rear lockers, black and white leather seats and saddle leather. Oh where did I go wrong?

Back
Top Bottom