The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What gear you already have for your grenadier ?

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:57 PM
Reaction score
Hello Everyone ,

Because i think the Grenadier is appealing to a specific kind of person i am willing to bet that most of us have a few things in common .

what this thread is about is showcasing all the bits that we either have or newly purchased in anticipation for our Grenadier .

I will go first :

1) I got a full tool roll that i tried to cover most things with . It will be mainly used in long trips .
2) kinetic rope
3) spare shrader valves + tire repair kit
4) ice cooler for the beers in the back

Pictures to follow once i get back home .
Include pictures guys so we can all get ideas !!

Looking forward to what people have come up with ! And their load outs !

:)

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
3:57 PM
Reaction score
Fridge, shovel, axe, saw and all the camping stuff I already have: Camping stove (fuel, gas and wood versions), pots, pans etc.

Camping lights. This lantern is great, it's dimmable and you can change the color temperature from cold white to warm white. USB-charged.

Two of these chairs:

This grill. I paid less than it costs today. Stainless steel, extremely robust, easy to carry:

Last edited:

Greasemonkey

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Fridge, shovel, axe, saw and all the camping stuff I already have: Camping stove (fuel, gas and wood versions), pots, pans etc.

Camping lights. This lantern is graet, it's dimmable and you can change the color temperature from cold white to warm white. USB-charged.

Two of these chairs:

This grill. I paid less than it costs today. Stainless steel, extremely robust, easy to carry:

I have bought these chairs. Identical to the Front Runner chairs, but better seat dimensions.

Attachments

• Campwerk.png
    Campwerk.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 77

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:57 AM
Reaction score
I have a ton of stuff that will come across, I have been 4x4ing for decades. Things I have bought specifically for the Grenadier so far
- 20m winch extension rope
- Remote head UHF radio with 2 aerials
- A few different L-track accessories to attach things to utility belt and tie down rails and play with.

I already have a ton of other recovery gear, a batwing awning, a rhino mesh platform for the cross bars. maxtrax and rear wheel carrier for them. Shovel holder that will fit on the cross bars, ARB compressor in a box, tyre repair gear, tools, first aid and fire extinguisher, handheld UHF, Spot Satellite locator, foldable solar panel and lots more.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hello Everyone ,

Because i think the Grenadier is appealing to a specific kind of person i am willing to bet that most of us have a few things in common .

what this thread is about is showcasing all the bits that we either have or newly purchased in anticipation for our Grenadier .

I will go first :

1) I got a full tool roll that i tried to cover most things with . It will be mainly used in long trips .
2) kinetic rope
3) spare shrader valves + tire repair kit
4) ice cooler for the beers in the back

Pictures to follow once i get back home .
Include pictures guys so we can all get ideas !!

Looking forward to what people have come up with ! And their load outs !

:)
Most of my stuff will transfer over, or I have, but I'm not buying anything for the Grenadier until I have the keys in my sweaty little hand 🖐️

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:57 AM
Reaction score
Haven't bought anything special... almost need a trailer to carry all the stuff I've accumulated over the years.. :unsure: Oh Wait...I have a folding trailer which will carry most of it ;)
However, one thing I will purchase is an OBD2/CANBUS, code reader ...
When I had my Rangie P38, the "Faultmate" code reader was indispensable... am hoping that a code reader will be rarely needed but like a winch or a bullbar...you never know!

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have a ton of stuff that will come across, I have been 4x4ing for decades. Things I have bought specifically for the Grenadier so far
- 20m winch extension rope
- Remote head UHF radio with 2 aerials
- A few different L-track accessories to attach things to utility belt and tie down rails and play with.

I already have a ton of other recovery gear, a batwing awning, a rhino mesh platform for the cross bars. maxtrax and rear wheel carrier for them. Shovel holder that will fit on the cross bars, ARB compressor in a box, tyre repair gear, tools, first aid and fire extinguisher, handheld UHF, Spot Satellite locator, foldable solar panel and lots more.
The extension rope is a very good idea , 15 meters of rope does not get you far . Need to put it on my list of stuff to buy !

What kind of l track accessories you got ? I went down the rabbit hole a few days ago , so many options .

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Tool roll - essential stuff only and will upgrade the standard ones post delivery
Leather man skeletool. Will be about the only thing that will fit in the glove box ..!
Box of ratchet straps - they are always handy and I’ve usually got a handful of cable ties stashed
Wet weather gear - lightweight over trousers and jacket - only £14, tightly packed and easy to store. Really only for emergency use as I’d like to think I’ve always got the right kit for weather.
Tarp 3x4m - always handy and mine has only ever been used as a ground sheet / picnic blanket
Crow bar - very old, easy to store and bloody handy
2 x dry powder fire extinguishers (600g. One under drivers seat, one in the rear)
L track fixings x 6
Motorola XT420 x 2 and 12v chargers (nicked the old ones from my work rather than them being thrown away)
Dog crate - will have to adapt my current one to secure it properly
Petzl actic core with usb (awesome head torch & rechargeable)
10t, 5m recovery strap, 2x d ring shackles plus 2x 5t 5m spare
Tyre repair kit - screw plug type
Air compressor (RYOBI tool - not ordered yet but compatible with other RYOBI gear I have)
Front screen sun shade/blocker - this is great as it sort of folds up to nothing.

Wish list
4 way stretch carpet lining to apply to the rear steel panels. Grey and it’ll improve sound ingress and the look as there’s a mastic panel in place in production spec vehicles which I’ll have to cover up.
4 x steel rims and off road tyres
My brother has just bought an air bag lift…. Very compact and lighter than a pillar Jack but I doubt it’ll ever get used..
Gun and cartridge safe / rear load area drawer system - will see what comes on the market
Tracker/ Apple or android tag
Rear work lamp
Powered fridge or cool box

MarkusN

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I already have tools, shovel, recovery Set, cooler etc. I can continue to use this.
The first thing I want to install in the Grenadier is a decent compressor system. I will only tackle that when I own the Grenadier.

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That's nice looking! Not that we've seen them yet to play around, but any idea where you'll mount the head unit.
Probably behind the plastic trim under the dash somewhere, will need to explore a bit to see what makes sense. I did briefly consider mounting in the overhead panel, but I don’t want a roof mounted aerial and running the aerial cable up there is likely to be a pain

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The extension rope is a very good idea , 15 meters of rope does not get you far . Need to put it on my list of stuff to buy !

What kind of l track accessories you got ? I went down the rabbit hole a few days ago , so many options .
67F74F52-3F2C-4EB8-AFB6-AB5096C8FB3A.jpeg131F0F8A-B349-491A-8D9C-49DCF5221A37.jpeg

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What I had:
  • tire-fort (manual winch): will not carry it anymore: I have the integrated winch :cool:
  • shovel (bought in Ecuador while I was living there around 1988)
  • machete (same origin)
  • tent for two persons
  • camping chairs (perhaps I buy new comfortable ones, I inherited the old ones from my parents)
  • rope for drying wet clothes "in the car!"
  • inflatable mattrass
  • sleeping bag
  • 12V fridge (cheap one, perhaps I buy a better one)
  • one lightweight adult poncho
  • strong duct tape (always) - iron wire - Colson straps
  • toilet paper, I always have to buy a new roll, because it doesn't last long :eek:
  • and some other smaller stuff
What I bought recently for the Grenadier
  • Bluetooth ODB2 reader (already used on my actual car)
  • 12V DC > 220V AC inverter (don't know if I really need it)
  • supplementary L-track fittings (6)
  • two smaller powerful 12V led-lamps (Chinese!) for connection to the upper high load connection points, removable, to snatch to the roof bars (almost ready, will show it once I have the car)
  • 20m extension cable with Deutsch connectors, for the same led lamps or other stuff
  • 12V cheap tire inflator (Chinese)
  • 4 ratchet straps
  • 4 ordinary straps
What I still want
  • tire repair kit
  • extension rope for the winch
  • good compressor (perhaps)

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
We've replaced a lot of old stuff , esp lights/torches , and acquired some of the newer cooking gear to give us seasonal/locational flexibility and lightness (no induction cooker)
And a few comfort items (mostly for my wife - 12v electric blanket , should she need it in the RTT). Mind you we are used to layering up for the cold in Tassy.
The trick will be to store "as much and as little" as possible , as we are not towing a trailer. Not going to carry a 1000 piece toolkit! But the usual "what if?" repair essentials.
Until we get the car it's not entirely clear how much gear and where we put it is solved. Same for most of us here.
Even though we are getting the Trialmaster with dual batteries , we will find a place for our portable 12v battery box with multiple outlets , solar and dc/dc controller.
It (Kickass unit) was an easy thing to install DIY as an auxiliary battery unit with all the goodies.
I've upgraded much of the recovery gear to soft shackles and better ropes etc. It will live in the rear wheel box.

All will become much clearer once we get our grubby mitts on the vehicle!
Going for a test drive on Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom