The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:26 PM
Reaction score
Yesterday I cleaned the inside of my car (a lot of sun), and today the outside (cloudy weather). It is the second time I do that since my car was delivered, alsmost one year ago.
Yes I know, I don't clean my car that often :eek:
No I will not post a picture of the "before" and "after" :)

I prefer to do the cleaning myself, because this is the moment to discover the smaller problems, and sometimes bigger ones.

I found to small stone indents on my front window, both almost the same size:
20240414_132037.jpg

and worse, a small hole and another crack on the seal of the Safari window:
20240414_110204.jpg

For both problems I can't blame Ineos, the seal is probably due to some branches.
I filled the hole with some SikaElastomer:
20240414_135200.jpg

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:26 PM
Reaction score
Yesterday I cleaned the inside of my car (a lot of sun), and today the outside (cloudy weather). It is the second time I do that since my car was delivered, alsmost one year ago.
Yes I know, I don't clean my car that often :eek:
No I will not post a picture of the "before" and "after" :)

I prefer to do the cleaning myself, because this is the moment to discover the smaller problems, and sometimes bigger ones.

I found to small stone indents on my front window, both almost the same size:
View attachment 7852946

and worse, a small hole and another crack on the seal of the Safari window:
View attachment 7852947

For both problems I can't blame Ineos, the seal is probably due to some branches.
I filled the hole with some SikaElastomer:
View attachment 7852948
Yes @Jean Mercier , I do it the same way. I also wash my vehicles by hand. Well, I drive the company cars through the car wash.
And like you, I discover small and larger scratches, which I then treat with a touch-up pen, for example.
My old Disco once had a hole in the door. I had parked it in the meadow to look at the fruit trees.
But she didn't do it on purpose. She just turned round to look at me, but her horns were a bit wider and pointed at the ends.
I then had a coachbuilder repair it.

RobP

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My Urban side steps arrived this weekend and I installed them today. One side was a perfect fit, the other was not. I checked the angles of the mounts and one was way off from the other one. I made it work but it was kind of a pita. Glad to have them on, they make getting in/out much easier and I won't need to carry around a step ladder to get my kayak on/off anymore.

20240414_112713.jpg20240414_163403.jpg

Last edited:

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:26 AM
Reaction score
The build continues. I installed the Nakatanenga Sun Visor Organiser today on the passenger’s side visor. I was running out of room in the lockable centre console. I also bought an emergency mirror that I mounted on the organiser killing two birds with one stone - a vanity mirror on the passenger’s side and an emergency mirror if needed (mirror attached using velcro). The mirror is visible when the visor is down. Image from Nakatanenga website. I have the zip bag showing when the visor is up.

SunVisorINEOS2.jpg

I also installed the Nakatanenga rear Door Air Vents on both sides. Driver's side shown here (RHD car). As I will sleep in the car I need air circulation throughout the night. Previously I used a window sock and put down the window. This is a better solution.
IMG_8900.jpg

ORS rear drawers, water tank, bed extension and dual ARB air compressor go into the car over the next 2 days.

Last edited:

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The build continues. I installed the Nakatanenga Sun Visor Organiser today on the passenger’s side visor. I was running out of room in the lockable centre console. I also bought an emergency mirror that I mounted on the organiser killing two birds with one stone - a vanity mirror on the passenger’s side and an emergency mirror if needed. The mirror is visible when the visor is down. Image from Nakatanenga website.

View attachment 7853007

I also installed the Nakatanenga rear Door Air Vents on both sides. Driver's side shown here (RHD car). As I will sleep in the car I need air circulation throughout the night. Previously I used a window sock and put down the window. This is a better solution.
View attachment 7853001

ORS rear drawers, water tank, bed extension and dual ARB air compressor go into the car over the next 2 days.
Those would be a great solution for shipping. Can get a bit musty in the cabin after 6-8 weeks in a container.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
My day off. Or should I say "off" , for usually it involves much physical labour.
I am adopting @Logsplitter screen name for this afternoon's activity.
Often I go at it with an axe or blocksplitter , but I had accumulated a pile of gnarly hard gum and wattle logs , many with branches.
Impossible to split by hand (I'm a senior after all) so I called in the cavalry. Even my wife had a go. She is also strong on plough.
20240415_150956.jpg
20240415_134617.jpg
20240415_151023.jpg

TD5-90

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
For those who still think that the rear door asymmetry is fancy or not properly designed: If you have a trailer hooked up, access to the boot is perfect:

20240414 Rear door asymmetry.jpg

Quality at some points is really not so impressive: Discovered this a moment before I would have lost the trim part...
Is that part only fixed with some adhesive tape??

20240413 trim plate fell off1.jpg 20240413 trim plate fell off2.jpg

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
For those who still think that the rear door asymmetry is fancy or not properly designed: If you have a trailer hooked up, access to the boot is perfect:

View attachment 7853019
The door just clears the van toolbox on the front of my hybrid van. Even with the standard hitch.
Enables me to access my Grenadier toolbox drawer.
Very happy!

neil

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:26 PM
Reaction score
My Urban side steps arrived this weekend and I installed them today. One side was a perfect fit, the other was not. I checked the angles of the mounts and one was way off from the other one. I made it work but it was kind of a pita. Glad to have them on, they make getting in/out much easier and I won't need to carry around a step ladder to get my kayak on/off anymore.

View attachment 7852964View attachment 7852965
I have the same steps on mine here in the UK they are made by sidesteps.co.uk and resold by Urban, they have been on 2 weeks so far but I have some "rust" around the screw holes where the tread is held on, would be interested to know if yours do the same, it looks like residue from when they were drilled and tapped and the moment it is just cosmetic but if it continues I will be taking a bit more action

NoAge Hunter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My day off. Or should I say "off" , for usually it involves much physical labour.
I am adopting @Logsplitter screen name for this afternoon's activity.
Often I go at it with an axe or blocksplitter , but I had accumulated a pile of gnarly hard gum and wattle logs , many with branches.
Impossible to split by hand (I'm a senior after all) so I called in the cavalry. Even my wife had a go. She is also strong on plough.
View attachment 7853009
View attachment 7853010
View attachment 7853011
In good shape for a „senior“ …..😉

bbq4133

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just an update--I lost the grate/grill piece on the Raised Air Intake, somewhere deep in the woods of Virginia. I was a little shocked it came off--the front of the intake is...fine? No scratches?

Anyway, that grate/grill piece is not separably purchased--you have to get the tube itself. That's not in the US and also apparently $500 and change.

So I ordered the cyclone pre-cleaner, which will be here Wednesday.

Not terribly worried (anymore) about the grate being missing, but would like a bit better solution--it should not pop off that easily IMO.

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Added my “bling”. Went with the light grey since I have the Rhino gray frame. Also wanted lettering that was a little more subtle to let the A pop a bit.

Attachments

• IMG_2661.jpeg
    IMG_2661.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 63
  • IMG_2660.jpeg
    IMG_2660.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 57

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time