The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Wet feet

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:50 AM
Reaction score
Just use some alcohol wipes to clean the area, heat gun to warm up the adhesive and stick back down. Job done. Don’t need to put holes in the seals. Done mine and never come off since.
Exactly. That's how I did it too.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
4:50 AM
Reaction score
Update on this - I had both front door seals replaced earlier in the week for supposedly newer updated ones - they do not have the half moon in them so I questioned it and was told they were the correct ones.

First heavy rain last night - and guess what - WET FEET - seems I will be getting the scissors out again to self modify these seals!

What a complete waste of time and effort on both the agent and my time.

Oh, and by the way I also have a leaking rear door seal - water runs down the inside of the large rear window

Simon did you ever get your rear door seal/leak sorted ??

I have had this intermittently since new, and have been pouring (no pun intended) with the service manager today. Having given this far more attention than before, I have found a probable culprit.

Look at the back roof as it drops down towards the rear doors. There are two body lines ( a small recess) that goes down onto and under the back door top seal on the body. One lines up where the two doors meet, the other one is above the big door and matches up directly where I get drips of water on the inside trim.

A flat seal with a 3-4mm wide gap under it doesn’t look good for sealing.

At the same time of looking I also noticed the (big) back door seal is coming adrift near the bottom as it curves with the door shape. Having read about other stuck bits of trim coming loose and/or falling off, I have a deep suspicion that the double sided tape my not be as good a quality as we would like and is starting to give up the ghost as time goes on OR the surfaces were not clean enough/contaminated when applied !!

Ineos are now saying that ny door seals with a loose surface of 120mm is a new seal and anything less is a stick back with LOCTITE 466 glue. Although I have no idea what 466 glue is tbh.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:50 AM
Reaction score

I have had this intermittently since new, and have been pouring (no pun intended) with the service manager today. Having given this far more attention than before, I have found a probable culprit.

Look at the back roof as it drops down towards the rear doors. There are two body lines ( a small recess) that goes down onto and under the back door top seal on the body. One lines up where the two doors meet, the other one is above the big door and matches up directly where I get drips of water on the inside trim.

At the same time of looking I also noticed the (big) back door seal is coming adrift near the bottom as it curves with the door shape. Having read about other stuck bits of trim coming loose and/or falling off, I have a deep suspicion that the double sided tape my not be as good a quality as we would like and is starting to give up the ghost as time goes on OR the surfaces were not clean enough/contaminated when applied !!

Ineos are now saying that ny door seals with a loose surface of 120mm is a new seal and anything less is a stick back with LOCTITE 466 glue. Although I have no idea what 466 glue is tbh.
four 66pct of the time it works every time!

Simon C

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:50 AM
Reaction score

It's going in for it's first service in a couple of weeks so hopefully will get sorted then!

Back
Top Bottom