The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Washington (state) to Washington, DC

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:19 AM
Reaction score
We come from different worlds - I noticed the Land Rover door!
I figured that was a Landy door, but I was more impressed by his garage floor covering, but didn't want to be the odd guy that points out every interesting thing in a string of photos :ROFLMAO:

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I figured that was a Landy door, but I was more impressed by his garage floor covering, but didn't want to be the odd guy that points out every interesting thing in a string of photos :ROFLMAO:
Excuse me sir, but the instructions from Leitner specifically ask you to use a carpet! I'd be lying if I said I didn't LOL when I read it.

I just so happen to have one in place. 😁1000012633.jpg

Last edited:

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Oooof that's an average speed of 45mph, traffic must be rough...

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Made it - who's dream is coming true today?View attachment 7849157

Ran into @bbq4133 in the lobby - great looking Grenadier!
Rather impressive 3 vehicles pulled by a pickup truck (high power engine I'm sure) and not a traditional hauler truck. Would have loved to see this truck and its precious cargo on the highway!!

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You may recall that I went to RDS for replacement of my windshield back in late March. I wanted to follow up and note the parts that were required, and their prices. I've posted these once before to another thread, but having them twice won't hurt. The reason for adding to this thread is that USAA fully covered these costs, minus my $500 deductible.

I'm very happy with this outcome, especially given that I did not use USAA's preferred service, Safelite. I expected there to be some hand wringing, but this was approved within an hour of my submitting the receipts via the app.

Part NumberDescriptionPrice
GRA-7B21-031970 WINDSCREEN$1564.89
GRA-7E21-005990DRAIN GUTTER$271.58
SUBLETINSTALLATION$325
Total Including Tax, etc.$2291.16

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
You may recall that I went to RDS for replacement of my windshield back in late March. I wanted to follow up and note the parts that were required, and their prices. I've posted these once before to another thread, but having them twice won't hurt. The reason for adding to this thread is that USAA fully covered these costs, minus my $500 deductible.

I'm very happy with this outcome, especially given that I did not use USAA's preferred service, Safelite. I expected there to be some hand wringing, but this was approved within an hour of my submitting the receipts via the app.

Part NumberDescriptionPrice
GRA-7B21-031970WINDSCREEN$1564.89
GRA-7E21-005990DRAIN GUTTER$271.58
SUBLETINSTALLATION$325
Total Including Tax, etc.$2291.16
Thank you for posting this!

Scsmith42

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
1:19 AM
Reaction score
HELP! Tring to become a brand new owner, have Trialmaster picked out at the Boise dealership etc., but running into spousal person objections about the vehicle's suitability on the highway. This is based upon a throw-away line in a Car & Driver review that questioned whether it could be driven on the highway.

The other issue, and probably solvable is the difficulty of a short person to gain access to the rig. She is vertically challenged and doesn't think she can get into the vehicle, or drive it.

I will have her read this thread. Any other suggestions? TIA

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:19 AM
Reaction score
HELP! Tring to become a brand new owner, have Trialmaster picked out at the Boise dealership etc., but running into spousal person objections about the vehicle's suitability on the highway. This is based upon a throw-away line in a Car & Driver review that questioned whether it could be driven on the highway.

The other issue, and probably solvable is the difficulty of a short person to gain access to the rig. She is vertically challenged and doesn't think she can get into the vehicle, or drive it.

Hi Scsmith42 - The Grenadier is more truck like than SUV. I say that coming from a New 2020 Land Rover Defender, which may be the ultimate SUV. The New Defender is super smooth around town and on the freeway and a pure pleasure to drive. It also has incredible performance too, (if you get the P400 engine with 395 horsepower).
I knew when I purchased the Grenadier I would have to make the adjustment and I can report that I have and love it. It is my daily driver and off road companion. Around town under 25 miles per hour you will feel the nooks and crannies in the road and have a larger turn radius. Once you get above 25 miles per hour it smooths out and drives great on the freeway. Sure you have a little play when going dead straight in the steering wheel, however it is not an issue once you get a few miles under you. I don't find the wind noise much different than the New Defender and can easily carry on a conversation and listen to music when going 75. Where it really shines is off road. It is eerily smooth and floats like butterfly over undulations and obstacles. In regards to vertically challenged, my wife Debbie is 4'11" and stings like a bee. I have the Grenadier side steps and she can get in and out of the Grenadier ok. I say ok, as anyone getting in and out of the Grenadier needs to simply take their time and not rush an entry or exit out of the vehicle. All and all I love this vehicle and smile every time I walk out and see it and take if for a drive. It is so much more capable then I am, that I am going to take some lessons on how to properly go off road and then begin exploring in my Grenadier. In life, opportunities like this only come around once, jump on in the waters fine. DaBull

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:19 AM
Reaction score

Getting the side steps address the difficulty to getting in the car. Plus ppl who are vertically challenge love the command position and the feeling of safety

Driving on highway is fine. And if she is concern, than take it for a test drive. Have her watch Ben hardy youtube as he had his wife drive it and give feedback

Last edited:

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

We have zero "stability" issues with our Grenadier, none. Ours drives perfect, so if you don't like the test drive, all I can say is test a different one! We added Buzz sliders with a built-in step and my wife loves them - makes entry/exit much easier and she praises them every time we head out.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi @Scsmith42. I originally bought the Grenadier for work and not for long distances. I thought that my Discovery 4 might be more suitable for this. A complete misjudgment. It's so much fun to drive that I prefer it even on long highway trips. I've already been to Cornwall twice. They were fatigue-free, almost non-stop journeys. I have the original Ineos sidesteps and am very happy with them. They are no problem even on my rutted forest roads. Hire a vehicle and find out for yourself. You will like it.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

My truck is as planted as anything I've owned (bar the Fit - it rides like it's on rails 🤣 ). Your better half has nothing whatsoever to worry about, it's as solid as anything. It is vulnerable to crosswinds, but every brick-shaped truck/van/SUV is too.

Back
Top Bottom