The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Vehicle mounted twin air compressor

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
11:02 AM
Reaction score
I completed my dual ARB install under the rear seat. Since I had a lot of space it wasn’t that difficult. I stood it on end and it was just the right height for the seat to go down all the way. I was visualizing a mounting bracket/plate in my designer head when I realized that if I rested it on dense foam (neoprene) and applied similar foam to all points of contact with sheet metal, that I could hold it in place with large strong cable ties. I use cable ties for a lot of applications and the thick ones are plenty strong. So the compressor is sort of ‘suspended’ yet well contained. I put the switch and output right in the panel under the seat. I cut the harness way short (one foot long) since the electrical sources were very close. Without sheetmetal contact, it is quieter and doesn’t transmit vibration to the vehicle. First test and it worked fine. See video.

Attachments

• ARB install2.mov
    6.2 MB

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I love the idea of a dual compressor located in the spare storage box. But that is a lot of money to be housed in a plastic bin that can easily be pried open. Petty vehicle accessory theft is pretty common in my part of the world. But brilliant use of the NATO plug. I might adapt my hand carried compressor wiring to connect to a NATO plug so I no longer have to pop the hood. Need to justify having it somehow. LOL.

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I love the idea of a dual compressor located in the spare storage box. But that is a lot of money to be housed in a plastic bin that can easily be pried open. Petty vehicle accessory theft is pretty common in my part of the world. But brilliant use of the NATO plug. I might adapt my hand carried compressor wiring to connect to a NATO plug so I no longer have to pop the hood. Need to justify having it somehow. LOL.
What are you going to do when you need to use the spare? Looks to be a major PITA.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I completed my dual ARB install under the rear seat. Since I had a lot of space it wasn’t that difficult. I stood it on end and it was just the right height for the seat to go down all the way. I was visualizing a mounting bracket/plate in my designer head when I realized that if I rested it on dense foam (neoprene) and applied similar foam to all points of contact with sheet metal, that I could hold it in place with large strong cable ties. I use cable ties for a lot of applications and the thick ones are plenty strong. So the compressor is sort of ‘suspended’ yet well contained. I put the switch and output right in the panel under the seat. I cut the harness way short (one foot long) since the electrical sources were very close. Without sheetmetal contact, it is quieter and doesn’t transmit vibration to the vehicle. First test and it worked fine. See video.
Hi Jeffrey, Do you have a single or dual battery set up? DaBull

Oelprinz

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:02 PM
Reaction score
We (Owl) are close to releasing an underseat mount for the twin ARB. I don't want to put out any images because too many folks copy gear. Should be on our site in the near future.
can't wait to hear / see an update on this! i believe lots of people are waiting for a solution.

Alprider

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:02 PM
Reaction score
I think I’ll be installing a twin ARB in a peli box for storage, then hang the open box off the ladder or roof rack and connect 4x flexibles to inflate. As I’m not using a compressor on a daily basis this solution should offer the best compromise between protection and utility.

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:02 PM
Reaction score
Just used the agile single arb unit for the first time doing all 4 tires. Went from 18 all around to 36f/38r in just over 8 minutes including taking the hose out and putting away. Not sure how much quicker the dual would be but I was happy with it. Used the Staun deflators, easy as pie to deflate and took maybe 4 minutes for all 4. Screwed one on, then the next etc. by the time I got back around I waited another minute and removed them all. All in all pretty easy process and everything is tucked away nice and clean.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:02 AM
Reaction score
That looks very good. Neat work!
ORS took the ARB compressor straight of the case, and attached it to the custom bracket they made. They cut off the crocodile clips and wired the compressor into the busbar.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
ORS took the ARB compressor straight of the case, and attached it to the custom bracket they made. They cut off the crocodile clips and wired the compressor into the busbar.
Ok. Then that was originally the mobile compressor in the box. I had also thought about that. But then I decided on the single compressor because of my requirements.

Back
Top Bottom