The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Utility belt staining

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:09 PM
Reaction score
Another thing to add to or pre check lists and ongoing maintenance regime.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:09 AM
Reaction score
I think one of the other photos shows the issue better:
View attachment 7813857
FWIW: For the past 20+ yrs I've used this material to protect metal surfaces
It has been on the market world wide under several names including ( for example) "Nycote" .
A little goes a very long way. Carefully brushed on to the anodised surface and allowed to cure it will withstand all sorts of harsh chemicals. It is self annealing: a wash down with clean water and dry and apply. Then after 1-2 yrs another coat over the top. 1 litre will cover up to about 15 sq m on a smooth surface ...

CJV

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:09 PM
Reaction score
From Facebook, someone took their Grenadier to a hand wash place and it has damaged the surface of their utility belt finish. Most on the thread suggest inappropriate use of TFR chemicals, but something to watch.

View attachment 7813849
I like the idea of having a bumper that can be fitted into Utility Belt when it's not in use. This seems like an easy aftermarket mod. ALso - does anyone know the weight limit for UB?

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:09 PM
Reaction score
Does IA suggest a particular cleaning agent for the GREN? Or, will Owners be left with this type of problem. I would take it back and ask the dealers/agents before applying any other 3rd party products. The second you coat something with another product, your warranty for that element of the vehicle is void. That is how other car manufacturers do it!

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:09 AM
Reaction score
I like the idea of having a bumper that can be fitted into Utility Belt when it's not in use. This seems like an easy aftermarket mod. ALso - does anyone know the weight limit for UB?
Check out the brochure... it depends on whether you're talking about the upper, lower or rear UB, and total distributed weight or "point" weights on a single position.... they're all different....

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:09 PM
Reaction score
So much for being a rugged old school truck. Its too much of a sissy to take to a carwash?

froggy

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:09 PM
Reaction score
From Facebook, someone took their Grenadier to a hand wash place and it has damaged the surface of their utility belt finish. Most on the thread suggest inappropriate use of TFR chemicals, but something to watch.

View attachment 7813849
Mine was like it from collection. Not been washed yet. Spayed with WD 40 and gave it a wipe and it looks like new.

Back
Top Bottom