The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Used vehicle flipping shenanigans have started

carlg007

Contract Signed
Local time
10:53 PM
Reaction score
Looks like outside dealers and private sellers have started to get on on the action with prices easily 10-20k above.
This is the worst one I've seen by title alone. Everybody boo this person...

View attachment 7837500
Good luck!

Local time
7:53 PM
Reaction score
I saw one of the auction sites where someone has a buy it now for 98k or something...
Folks were posting that they can get one at their local dealer for MSRP....

sj24k

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
sure, if dealers/sellers procure them from each other out the back door, then mark up and share profits in any way, then yes, let's boo them loudly. BUT i have zero problems with someone who buys a car and can then find another buyer who's willing to pay more for it. free market at work and more power to them both. that being said, i certainly wouldn't be that buyer in this case.

Local time
Reaction score
Folks were posting that they can get one at their local dealer for MSRP....
Lol, good for them!
Love my Grenadier but there is ZERO Flip money right now. Market awareness is sub-minimal. That's why none of these are selling for above retail. I know some of these guys and they are NOT happy.
I guess they were hoping for a repeat of the bronco release, where people were duped into paying 60k + for that pile.

I'm still baffled at the "Land Rover Ineos Grenadier" bit in the listing.

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Is that an authorized dealer license plate frame? Frankly, I think this is a scam. Many dealers have available stock due to cancellations and likely will sell for MSRP.

Local time
9:53 PM
Reaction score
Interesting that even cars at msrp or close to it are not moving. This one has been on cars.com for a whileIMG_7696.jpeg

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:53 AM
Reaction score
Every Ineos dealer has cancelled orders on their lot right now selling for MSRP.
Dealer here told me that no US dealers are allowed to advertise ANY unclaimed G's for sale. They are only allowed by contract to direct new customers who want to place orders toward existing undelivered inventory - said it IG NA is very engaged

Local time
Reaction score
Dealer here told me that no US dealers are allowed to advertise ANY unclaimed G's for sale. They are only allowed by contract to direct new customers who want to place orders toward existing undelivered inventory - said it IG NA is very engaged
Curious, do you think that is to build some false scarcity or is it just a gap in the planning on IG's part?

DCAlbarran

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I just got an email from my dealer today, telling me my ETA was now September '24, but they had a Fieldmaster in stock same color as my order (Eldoret) if I was interested. Replied back that I wanted to see how it was optioned.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I just got an email from my dealer today, telling me my ETA was now September '24, but they had a Fieldmaster in stock same color as my order (Eldoret) if I was interested. Replied back that I wanted to see how it was optioned.
Sept? When did you order yours?

Back
Top Bottom