The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas USA Reservation Holders - it’s happening this weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:01 PM
Reaction score
Still nothing. I doubt English workers are working on Sundays.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:01 PM
Reaction score
Still nothing. I doubt English workers are working on Sundays.
Amazon work in the UK on Sunday, to prove it they have just delivered a parcel!!

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:01 PM
Reaction score
There's no post on Sundays.
Confused Harry Potter GIF

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I meant Ineos Automotive administrative staff probably aren't working on Sundays.

CB

Local time
Reaction score
My guess, the number of US reservation holders who actually converted their reservation to an purchase is much lower than IG expected. Consequently, IG is probably having a difficult time finding dealers and service centers in the US willing to make a commitment. IG North America has had years to establish both dealer and service centers and all we have are a few dots on a map. I will not convert my reservation to a purchase until I see substantially more "DOTS" on the map even if I must wait another year.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My guess, the number of US reservation holders who actually converted their reservation to an purchase is much lower than IG expected. Consequently, IG is probably having a difficult time finding dealers and service centers in the US willing to make a commitment. IG North America has had years to establish both dealer and service centers and all we have are a few dots on a map. I will not convert my reservation to a purchase until I see substantially more "DOTS" on the map even if I must wait another year.
The conversion rate is in the opposite direction from what I have heard (and not based on forum postings); and from speaking with many of the potential dealers along the PTO2 tour, it's actually the opposite direction as well. There are lots of dealers that were trying to get the coveted spots available. From the standpoint of a brand new automotive company, it doesn't make sense to have 50 or 75 dealers strewn all over the country at launch when your reservation holders are (generally) located in certain pockets (which is what the initial dealer list is localized around).

Everyone has their own reasons and motivations, so I hope you enjoy your MY25 or MY26 Grenadier!

2wheelfish

Production/Transit
Forum Supporter
Local time
12:01 PM
Reaction score
Sitting here enjoying a Sunday evening cocktail and checked my email and the Ineos site - no news, not really a surprise. Oh well, maybe I’ll have something to look forward to on Monday….

It’s a long journey, not a quick trip, need to pace myself and enjoy the ride.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There is a race to the top of Pikes Peak, and the four vehicles racing are an environmentally friendly EV Car, a cheap NAS 93' 110 rebuild, a 2024 Land Crusier, and an Ineos Grenedier. Who wins?

The Land Cruiser, because the other three are figments of your automotive imagination...

Maybe a little hard on IG. They didn't put out that they were going to follow up this weekend, but they are still behind.

GrenADV

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think England must have meant that it’s happening “this weekend,” but next year (in 2024). Let’s all check back in 12 months from now 😂

SUBVET735705769

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The logistics of shipping 5000 trucks across an ocean may have become more complicated considering the last ship that left Germany for the US didn't make it. Be patient. I reserved a Tesla in 2010 and it took....2.5 years to get them into production and deliver my car. It was worth the wait then, It will be worth the wait now.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There is a race to the top of Pikes Peak, and the four vehicles racing are an environmentally friendly EV Car, a cheap NAS 93' 110 rebuild, a 2024 Land Crusier, and an Ineos Grenedier. Who wins?

The Land Cruiser, because the other three are figments of your automotive imagination...
Technically speaking.... at this moment, the only one actually being delivered to customers anywhere in the world is the Grenadier....

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think England must have meant that it’s happening “this weekend,” but next year (in 2024). Let’s all check back in 12 months from now 😂
Actually, the problem is British calendars are different than typical American ones - our week is often displayed Sun through Saturday, where the weekends look split, whereas on British calendars the week goes from Mon through Sun, with Sat and Sun next to each other. So, the OP was simply confused as to what actually constitutes a weekend.

DrahthHunter

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
They are a month behind this puts my anticipation of dec arrival now February, my trusty FJ will make it another month

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Actually, the problem is British calendars are different than typical American ones - our week is often displayed Sun through Saturday, where the weekends look split, whereas on British calendars the week goes from Mon through Sun, with Sat and Sun next to each other. So, the OP was simply confused as to what actually constitutes a weekend.
I believe they use the metric system. So their weekend is slightly less than 2 days.

Dagger22

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just logged into IENOS site and my pre-order info has been updated. Now have a pre-order number. No other info provided. (March 2022 reservation, June 5 pre-order)

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:01 PM
Reaction score
Just logged into IENOS site and my pre-order info has been updated. Now have a pre-order number. No other info provided. (March 2022 reservation, June 5 pre-order)
Same, but mine says pre-ordered today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom