The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas USA Payload Stickers

holdmybeer

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:59 PM
Reaction score
Question about the payload calculation ... are all dealer-installed options factored in?

I ask since options like roof racks and rocksliders (to name the heavy ones) are not present on the truck when it leaves the factory (i.e. when the gross/net calcs are done and the sticker goes on) and may actually never be installed because a customer can change their mind before the dealer installs those things.

Just wonderin'.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Also has 20s and a skinny spare tire. Ford?
Dude, you're right. I attached the wrong pic to my post then didn't even catch that the paint was the wrong color. My Gren's payload is about the same as our Ford Explorer, which does have 4 back seats. Here's the sticker from my Grenadier. I'll have to return the "extra back seat". :cry:
payload.jpg

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:59 PM
Reaction score
Question about the payload calculation ... are all dealer-installed options factored in?

I ask since options like roof racks and rocksliders (to name the heavy ones) are not present on the truck when it leaves the factory (i.e. when the gross/net calcs are done and the sticker goes on) and may actually never be installed because a customer can change their mind before the dealer installs those things.

Just wonderin'.
Last year there was mention that your full "as ordered" specification would be considered when the factory specified coil springs on your build. This, I would believe, sets your payload.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Most of the correct stickers that are being posted look like there have been two stickers applied. I wonder if there is an issue...

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Besides me, any other NA members with the wrong sticker?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Fieldmaster with
Integrated winch
Safari window
Heated seats
Rock Sliders
Trailer Hitch
Rubber mats
Think that's all the big items.
Seems I'm coming in just behind Bruce.

Question ... Tires are at 40 PSI x4. Sticker indicating they should be much higher (43 Front/49 Rear) - My Discovery is at 40 all round.
Perhaps go up to 45 all round? Welcome thoughts (would this be better posted elsewhere?)
Cheers!
I would stay at 40 and increase them as your load increases. There's a chart in the manual - see post #94.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Not sure. Sent to dealer who have to service director to look into. I would hope that the factory can pull up my spec and print an updated decal. The dealer can swap out next time I’m there.
Tiny update - the service manager at RDS acknowledged that it's wrong (he said he checked a handful on the lot and they were all 1,450 pounds +/- a few. He is looking into the procedure on acquiring a new one.

Local time
Reaction score
Tiny update - the service manager at RDS acknowledged that it's wrong (he said he checked a handful on the lot and they were all 1,450 pounds +/- a few. He is looking into the procedure on acquiring a new one.
In engineering there was a quote "Do you want it right? Or right away?" Please post us some photos of you dominating the recent snow!

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In engineering there was a quote "Do you want it right? Or right away?" Please post us some photos of you dominating the recent snow!
Where I live along the coast, we got zero snow. Not a flake. Might get a bit tomorrow but who knows?

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:59 AM
Reaction score

Just wonderin'.
I listened to the Overland Journal Pod cast - one thing an auto engineer spoke about was that the GVW excludes all accessories AND fuel, coolant, oil etc. So gas - 6# per gallon, oil 2# per quart, Coolant 9.6# per gallon. So all these things add up - I would also bet that weight does not include the spare tire since MFRs strip out almost all weight in their calculations.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I still tie GVW to spring selection. And I wonder if factory spring selection really is based on initial specification (winch, rack, etc.)?

holdmybeer

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I still tie GVW to spring selection. And I wonder if factory spring selection really is based on initial specification (winch, rack, etc.)?
Seems logical. My dealer echos that. Otherwise I dunno why there’d be such a variety of springs:

1708114133716.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom