The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas USA Payload Stickers

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:22 AM
Reaction score
It has to be a mistake.
Data entry error,...... is somebody actually sitting down and typing these in manually? I'm feeling 6 passenger and payload of 600lbs today ....😀, sorry, no dog, no groceries, no child seats

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:22 AM
Reaction score
@Krabby - I wonder if just got an incorrect sticker like those posted at the beginning of this thread?
Yeah, my guess is a data entry error where someone heard the payload for Krabby's vehicle was 646, mistakenly assumed that was lbs. instead of kg's, and divided that number by 2.2 to get 293kg instead of multiplying it by 2.2 to get 1421 lbs.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:22 AM
Reaction score
Yeah, my guess is a data entry error where someone heard the payload for Krabby's vehicle was 646, mistakenly assumed that was lbs. instead of kg's, and divided that number by 2.2 to get 293kg instead of multiplying it by 2.2 to get 1421 lbs.
Could very well be.

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Fieldmaster with
Integrated winch
Safari window
Heated seats
Rock Sliders
Trailer Hitch
Rubber mats
Think that's all the big items.
Seems I'm coming in just behind Bruce.

Question ... Tires are at 40 PSI x4. Sticker indicating they should be much higher (43 Front/49 Rear) - My Discovery is at 40 all round.
Perhaps go up to 45 all round? Welcome thoughts (would this be better posted elsewhere?)
Cheers!

Attachments

• Payload Sticker.JPG
    Payload Sticker.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 41

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Data entry error,...... is somebody actually sitting down and typing these in manually? I'm feeling 6 passenger and payload of 600lbs today ....😀, sorry, no dog, no groceries, no child seats
You seem to have an "extra" passenger - I have only 5. Yours must be awfully skinny too! ☺️

Local time
Reaction score
Gas-powered (petrol) Trialmaster with a winch, no roof rack, no tow hitch, no safari windows.

Payload = 274 kg or 604 pounds (see photo).

Stripped down, the payload of the gas-powered Grenadier is supposed to be 1,840 pounds. It doesn't seem possible that the added equipment of the Trialmaster (diff lockers, raised air intake, ladder, the delta between the KO2 and the stock tire, plus a couple of other items I can't recall), plus the weight of the winch, could sum to over 1,200 pounds. Also, it seemed that the different springs being provided with the increased weight were supposed to offset some of that weight, and preserve - at least to some degree - the payload.

Its hard for me to believe that the Trialmaster, with a winch, only has a payload of 604 pounds. Payload was supposed to be something that separated the Grenadier from all other mid-size 4x4 (at least here in the North American market).

Jeep Wranglers have a notoriously low payload. The payload in the 4-door Wrangler Rubicon, with the 3.6 Pentastar, which comes standard with diff lockers and a 33-inch tire, but not equipped with a winch, and not equipped with steel bumpers, is 1,327 pounds. Based on a very quick google, the delta for the steel bumpers (i.e. the weight increase over the stock bumpers) is around 65 pounds, plus another 16 pounds for the steel skid plate in the front (let's round-up the steel bumper package to an extra 100 pounds). A good winch weighs 75-100 pounds (let's call it 100 pounds). The hard top weighs around 125 pounds more than the soft top. So... if you add on all these options (hard top, steel bumpers, and a winch), you are now down to around 1,000 pounds of payload. As an aside, the auto transmission in the Jeep actually has 20-30 pounds more payload than the manual.

Is it possible that - when similarly equipped - the Jeep has 400 pounds more payload than the Grenadier? This can't be right.

View attachment 7833415
I hate to say it but my first thought was somebody filled in the sticker wrong and the Imperial number should be in the metric space. Agree with other comments about it being a demo model so there could be slip-ups. I worked on prototypes for shows.

Last edited:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I hate to say it but my first thought was somebody filled in the sticker wrong and the Imperial number should be in the metric space. This was a demo model, correct?
Not a demo. My actual truck - got it last Friday.

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
You seem to have an "extra" passenger - I have only 5. Yours must be awfully skinny too! ☺️
1707781884710.png

Bruce has room for 6 supposedly, mine is actually still imaginary...built, sitting at the port, not mine yet. 😀

shiv.nandak

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Fieldmaster with
Integrated winch
Safari window
Heated seats
Rock Sliders
Trailer Hitch
Rubber mats
Think that's all the big items.
Seems I'm coming in just behind Bruce.

Question ... Tires are at 40 PSI x4. Sticker indicating they should be much higher (43 Front/49 Rear) - My Discovery is at 40 all round.
Perhaps go up to 45 all round? Welcome thoughts (would this be better posted elsewhere?)
Cheers!
I believe that is the PSI when fully loaded. I am currently running 36 psi.

Attachments

• IMG_4658.jpg
    IMG_4658.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 40
Last edited:

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
If anyone has a payload sticker similar to @Krabby where it’s blatantly incorrect please contact your dealer. They’ll arrange for the correct one to be applied.

The correct payload for NA Grenadiers should be about the same as this one, approx 600kg, depending on options.

IMG_2869.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom