The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Upgrade to the sound system

Local time
10:02 PM
Reaction score
Note: @Stu_Barnes / @Krabby I think I have put this thread in the wrong forum section. Could you move it to the correct or else delete it sorry about that.

Hi All,

Not my video but just found this one on the Tube --> credits to Studio Incar
In the beginning they discuss shortly the factory speakers and afterwards it is a in depth review of the upgrade they performed.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD_NlOltt4A

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:02 PM
Reaction score
I commented on the YouTube video. I would have the install (cash permitting) without the extra bass in the load space. Notice on the video, they have not reinstalled the pax grab handle (YET).

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I commented on the YouTube video. I would have the install (cash permitting) without the extra bass in the load space. Notice on the video, they have not reinstalled the pax grab handle (YET).
I also commented asking as to an idea of cost and timeframe. I wouldn’t be happy with the sub in the rear cargo area though.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Idea of cost came back as “From £3,900.00.”
Not sure if my sound budget will stretch that far!

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:02 AM
Reaction score
Idea of cost came back as “From £3,900.00.”
Not sure if my sound budget will stretch that far!
When converted to USD, a little less than half that cost is the amplifier alone... I am genuinely confused about why they decided upon a 12 channel amplifier when only powering 4 channels though. Maybe the owner could shed some light on that (perhaps planning on adding an active cross'd rear setup as well?)

Local time
10:02 PM
Reaction score
When converted to USD, a little less than half that cost is the amplifier alone... I am genuinely confused about why they decided upon a 12 channel amplifier when only powering 4 channels though. Maybe the owner could shed some light on that (perhaps planning on adding an active cross'd rear setup as well?)
Yeah seems overkill unless there is a future upgrade planned.

I also commented asking as to an idea of cost and timeframe. I wouldn’t be happy with the sub in the rear cargo area though.
Yeah that sub is laying in a not very good area, maybe it would fit or at least a smaller version underneath the back seat.

I do like how they installed the front tweeter at the A pillars.

For the Amplifier wouldn't it be wiser to protect it from mud and water by putting it in a seal box even just a Tupperware container with some holes cut in to it?

OzyGrenie

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:02 AM
Reaction score
Hardly waterproof for river crossings! (Surely polypropylene cone speakers in doors minimum)

Khalfan323

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah seems overkill unless there is a future upgrade planned.

Yeah that sub is laying in a not very good area, maybe it would fit or at least a smaller version underneath the back seat.

I do like how they installed the front tweeter at the A pillars.

For the Amplifier wouldn't it be wiser to protect it from mud and water by putting it in a seal box even just a Tupperware container with some holes cut in to it?
Tupperware is your solution? 😂 I was thinking where the current jack is.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
8:02 AM
Reaction score
Note: @Stu_Barnes / @Krabby I think I have put this thread in the wrong forum section. Could you move it to the correct or else delete it sorry about that.

Hi All,

Not my video but just found this one on the Tube --> credits to Studio Incar
In the beginning they discuss shortly the factory speakers and afterwards it is a in depth review of the upgrade they performed.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD_NlOltt4A
Late to the party here.

Now in the right place.

Carefant

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Does the video list the stock speaker sizes/dimensions?
Bumping this question as I’d like to know what size the speakers in the rear doors are; has anyone had the door card off and seen them, or seen a spec sheet? The front speakers are 6.5”.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:02 AM
Reaction score
Bumping this question as I’d like to know what size the speakers in the rear doors are; has anyone had the door card off and seen them, or seen a spec sheet? The front speakers are 6.5”.
I thought I'd read something saying they were 4" but I'm sure someone will come along and confirm. Edited

Last edited:

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:02 AM
Reaction score
From what I recall, the rear door is a 4", which aligns with what was posted above, the Focal PC100

Back
Top Bottom