The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Undocumented Features / Idiosyncrasies

Jeremy996

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
10:36 AM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Having had my Grenadier for a couple of days now, a few quirks have stuck their heads above the parapet.
  1. In normal drive mode, (not offroad), if you try to drive off without a seatbelt on, the vehicle sulks and does not pull away.
  2. The central locking will not lock remotely if the bonnet, (hood), is not properly closed. (Easily corrected by shutting the bonnet correctly. Quirk identified by Chandlers of Belton).
  3. There are two cooling systems and two filler caps; no one can tell me why, (diesel).
I'm sure there will be more.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:36 AM
Reaction score
  1. The central locking will not lock remotely if the bonnet, (hood), is not properly closed. (Easily corrected by shutting the bonnet correctly. Quirk identified by Chandlers of Belton)
What if the back door is open?

MrJAT

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:36 PM
Reaction score
Having had my Grenadier for a couple of days now, a few quirks have stuck their heads above the parapet.
  1. In normal drive mode, (not offroad), if you try to drive off without a seatbelt on, the vehicle sulks and does not pull away.
  2. The central locking will not lock remotely if the bonnet, (hood), is not properly closed. (Easily corrected by shutting the bonnet correctly. Quirk identified by Chandlers of Belton).
  3. There are two cooling systems and two filler caps; no one can tell me why, (diesel).
Hmmm, with no.1 this was one of the things I was hoping they would avoid. I know there is legislation etc. but I dislike being infantilised. The car refusing to move because a seatbelt is unfastened could be dangerous. And what if the circuit that tells the car the seatbelt is fastened fails. The car will have effectively broken down because of a seatbelt clip. It's just a bugbear of mine, Cars constantly beeping at you without the ability to shut them up. I often reverse boats down slipways when launching and you don't want a seatbelt. Jumping in and out, tying and untying ropes and starting boat engines etc. Plus if it is a steep and algae covered slipway you don't want to be strapped into the car if it ends up in the drink. So I am glad there is the offroad switch for this. Might have to drive it in offroad mode all the time. ;-)

Last edited:

beanohallett

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Great stuff keep them coming !!

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
  1. There are two cooling systems and two filler caps; no one can tell me why, (diesel).
Page 180 of Owner's Manual:

"There are two reservoirs, the main coolant reservoir for high temperature components and the auxiliary reservoir for low temperature components. Both reservoirs work independently,
however if one is using more coolant than the other and needs topping up more frequently this could be a sign of malfunction and should be seen by an INEOS approved partner.

The high temperature reservoir and the auxiliary low temperature circuit reservoir are located in the engine bay, the high temperature reservoir being the larger of the two."

Paul Cooper

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Great feedback.
A useful thread for things like this

BD1

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:36 AM
Reaction score
This is great, I was hoping to see a thread like this. Thanks Jeremy.

If convenient, can you measure the width of the driver's door? I would like to know for my garage measurements.

Reactions: PBD

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The carpark ferry bus drivers at our local airport click the seatbelt into the latch before getting into the vehicle and then sit on top of the seat belt. Works like a charm ;)
That’s a pain though as 99% of the time I’d be wearing it, I just like to put it on at a time of my choosing. For example if I’m taking the rubbish up to the bins or collecting the post on the way down the drive I’d like to be able to drive up without it. I just know that it will really piss me off if it wont drive. I can just about deal with an alarm providine it only comes on above a certain speed. I’d prefer to just have a warning light however. I know that there will be a back door to switching it off, there usually is. I did it on my old disco3.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Please will the first person who finds out how to disable the seatbelt feature post it here!
a taser will hopefully come out to eliminate all that nonsense. start stop as well

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
a taser will hopefully come out to eliminate all that nonsense. start stop as well
Can’t you turn start stop off anyway? Most cars that I have driven with it have an off button?

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Can’t you turn start stop off anyway? Most cars that I have driven with it have an off button?
You can turn it off, but the taser device enables you to have it default OFF. So you dont have to press it everytime you want to go for a drive

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Please will the first person who finds out how to disable the seatbelt feature post it here!
Disco 4. Two spare clips from a disco 1 (scrapped). Just plug them in when I’m off road. As yet I haven’t had a car say to me, “Hey fatty, stop pissing about and put your seatbelts on properly!” 😂

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
3:36 PM
Reaction score
The central locking will not lock remotely if the bonnet, (hood), is not properly closed. (Easily corrected by shutting the bonnet correctly. Quirk identified by Chandlers of Belton).
I can confirm. And the stupid thing is, that the bonnet might still look and feel completely closed.

Back
Top Bottom