The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Undocumented Features / Idiosyncrasies

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:19 AM
Reaction score
That’s a pain though as 99% of the time I’d be wearing it, I just like to put it on at a time of my choosing. For example if I’m taking the rubbish up to the bins or collecting the post on the way down the drive I’d like to be able to drive up without it. I just know that it will really piss me off if it wont drive. I can just about deal with an alarm providine it only comes on above a certain speed. I’d prefer to just have a warning light however. I know that there will be a back door to switching it off, there usually is. I did it on my old disco3.
hope there will be a workaround to switch this off sooner rather than later. Also hoping the bmw gearlever doesn't throw itself into park when you are crawling and open the driver's door for a better view.

Hannes01

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:19 AM
Reaction score
hope there will be a workaround to switch this off sooner rather than later. Also hoping the bmw gearlever doesn't throw itself into park when you are crawling and open the driver's door for a better view.
That’s what the shifters in my BMW‘s do 😩

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:19 PM
Reaction score
Having had my Grenadier for a couple of days now, a few quirks have stuck their heads above the parapet.
  1. In normal drive mode, (not offroad), if you try to drive off without a seatbelt on, the vehicle sulks and does not pull away.
  2. The central locking will not lock remotely if the bonnet, (hood), is not properly closed. (Easily corrected by shutting the bonnet correctly. Quirk identified by Chandlers of Belton).
  3. There are two cooling systems and two filler caps; no one can tell me why, (diesel).
I'm sure there will be more.
My car will drive off but bings away annoyingly.
Worse if it detects weight on any of the passenger seats it also wants that seatbelt fastened.
Most central locking systems will not work if any doors, bonnet or boot are open.
One cooling system for engine and one for transmission
One filler cap for diesel and the other for adblue

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
If you are crawling you should be in off road mode, which cancels the seat belt requirement

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:19 PM
Reaction score
Most automatic will put itself in park if a door is open. The trick is to put the car in drive open the door. Then shut the door and open it again. Now put the car in reverse. You should be able to back up with car in reverse. Also make sure you seatbelt is plugged in.

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Disco 4. Two spare clips from a disco 1 (scrapped). Just plug them in when I’m off road. As yet I haven’t had a car say to me, “Hey fatty, stop pissing about and put your seatbelts on properly!” 😂
On a disco4 its the same as the disco3. Sit in the car, turn the ignition on and quickly clip in and unclip the seatbelt 9 times. It will then bing and the seatbelt light will come on.. Turn the ignition off again and the bong is gone forever. The light will still work. I have no idea how to reverse this process but who cares?

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If you are crawling you should be in off road mode, which cancels the seat belt requirement
not necessarily. could be crawling for various reasons, hooking up trailers in confined spaces etc etc. More concerned about random park select outside driver's input.

I do like the off-road mode and what it effects.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
4:19 AM
Reaction score
Sit in the car, turn the ignition on and quickly clip in and unclip the seatbelt 9 times. It will then bing and the seatbelt light will come on
Oh my god ...

Do I have to fart during this procedure? Or jump around the car three times on my left foot afterwards?

Yes I know, it's a programming sequence which is usually not carried out by accident. It's anyway sick: Why not simply have a button or a customer option in the car settings?

Are we clowns? 🥳

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Having had my Grenadier for a couple of days now, a few quirks have stuck their heads above the parapet.
  1. In normal drive mode, (not offroad), if you try to drive off without a seatbelt on, the vehicle sulks and does not pull away.
  2. The central locking will not lock remotely if the bonnet, (hood), is not properly closed. (Easily corrected by shutting the bonnet correctly. Quirk identified by Chandlers of Belton).
  3. There are two cooling systems and two filler caps; no one can tell me why, (diesel).
I'm sure there will be more.
In Australia on the diesel model, the two filler caps are: first, diesel. (Unless you are referring to some other filler caps, say under the bonnet.)

Second, the AdBlue. "AdBlue is the marketing term for a fluid used in the catalytic convertor fitted to the exhaust systems of some diesel cars. It is injected into the exhaust gases and burnt at very high temperatures to break down harmful nitrogen oxides." AdBlue is composed of deionised water and urea.

Last edited:

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Owners with the factory winch
There are also some “Undocumented Features/Idiosyncrasies” concerning the custom Red Winch fitted, third party Fairleads and the stop label on the winch rope. Look here and here.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
10:19 PM
Reaction score
As someone has already said. A spare seatbelt clip from an old vehicle kept in the centre console and used as and when needed will solve everything. No need for any sequences and the process can be reversed simply by placing the spare seat belt buckle back in the centre console.

Better still it won’t affect your warranty either.

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
In Australia on the diesel model, the two filler caps are: first, diesel. (Unless you are referring to some other filler caps, say under the bonnet.)

Second, the AdBlue. "AdBlue is the marketing term for a fluid used in the catalytic convertor fitted to the exhaust systems of some diesel cars. It is injected into the exhaust gases and burnt at very high temperatures to break down harmful nitrogen oxides." AdBlue is composed of deionised water and urea.
I am writing about under the bonnet; there are two header tanks, one with a black cap and one with a blue one, both up near the bulkhead.
Ad Blue is not a mystery to me, I've driven a good few commercial vehicles with the system. The Grenadier arrangement is quite neat, the range on the touchscreen is especially useful.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:19 PM
Reaction score
I am writing about under the bonnet; there are two header tanks, one with a black cap and one with a blue one, both up near the bulkhead.
Ad Blue is not a mystery to me, I've driven a good few commercial vehicles with the system. The Grenadier arrangement is quite neat, the range on the touchscreen is especially useful.
Under bonnet wouldn't the blue one be washer fluid for wipers

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Under bonnet wouldn't the blue one be washer fluid for wipers
No, that is nearer the front; the one at the back is a pressure cap. I'll try and get an under-bonnet picture, as I don't think there are any around for the diesel.

Back
Top Bottom