The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Undocumented Features / Idiosyncrasies

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:11 PM
Reaction score
Excellent ~ I've eaten enough of my words for today. 😉

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:11 PM
Reaction score
Just clip it in and sit on top of it. That's what I do whenever I'm on an estate fishing and I'm heading short distances between beats. Otherwise I'm belted up.
Generally speaking I insist everyone including me is belted up offroad. Very few exceptions, dodgy water crossings being one. Possibly very slow short distances. But seat belts save lives in the bush as well

Mussels

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:11 AM
Reaction score
Thanks to Ever Pragmatic for pointing out where the trip button is. I have looked in the manual but I am buggered if I can find out how to put the radio on…………

Reactions: PBD

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for that. Useful to know it fits in there. 👍

Reactions: PBD

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@DCPU Actually, it's the same. The only difference is that they put the warning triangle in my first aid kit.
As a matter of interest, apart from 50 strips of sticking plaster and 1000 "cotton buds" (to qualify as a "1000+ piece " first aid kit.... "how good is that?!!") does the kit contain useful stuff such as a proper tourniquet ; snake bite bandage, sling e.g for a fractured arm; burns kit, disposable gloves, proper first aid book etc
(when you have time to examine will do!😂)
It's a bugbear of mine that some kits promoted by otherwise reputable organisations are, (let's say) "somewhat deficient" and certainly not "fit for purpose"...

I'd really like to get an idea of what's being offered.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
As a matter of interest, apart from 50 strips of sticking plaster and 1000 "cotton buds" (to qualify as a "1000+ piece " first aid kit.... "how good is that?!!") does the kit contain useful stuff such as a proper tourniquet ; snake bite bandage, sling e.g for a fractured arm; burns kit, disposable gloves, proper first aid book etc
It's a bugbear of mine that some kits promoted by otherwise reputable organisations are, (let's say) "somewhat deficient" and certainly not "fit for purpose"...

This relies on the person using it being competent in first aid. Probably most of grenadier users are but I would recommend that all people should attend a basic first aid course. A lot of organisations do one as do most employers.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Would never rely on a car company supplied one for serious trips. I have a Rescue Swag one that is pretty good and have supplemented a bit

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks to Ever Pragmatic for pointing out where the trip button is. I have looked in the manual but I am buggered if I can find out how to put the radio on…………
You might be surprised, but I rarely listen to a car radio.
I have taken the step of ordering a portable cd player that bluetooths to the car stereo.
I have a mountain of cds (no it's not stuff you can get on Spotify or Googlemusic) and I can't be arsed converting them to mp3s.
MP3 USB sticks are a nightmare to navigate.
I digress....again!

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
My wife is seriously considering buying a portable defibrillator. We don't have any health issues or family history of heart troubles , but you just never know , do you!
Anyone can apply a bandaid or tear a shirt and put a tourniquet on , but you can't use your 12v system or inverter to revert cardiac standstill!

Rab

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My wife is seriously considering buying a portable defibrillator. We don't have any health issues or family history of heart troubles , but you just never know , do you!
Anyone can apply a bandaid or tear a shirt and put a tourniquet on , but you can't use your 12v system or inverter to revert cardiac standstill!
Get a set of jump leads for the budget friendly option (y)

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:11 PM
Reaction score
Good idea. A lot of us aren’t getting any younger. One of the car clubs I’m a member of actually bought one last year, due to the average age of the membership.

Cheers
Steve

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Good idea. A lot of us aren’t getting any younger. One of the car clubs I’m a member of actually bought one last year, due to the average age of the membership.
They are fairly cheap, well I wouldn't get the Bunnings one but neither would I buy the John Hopkins Memorial one either!

Back
Top Bottom