The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Undocumented Features / Idiosyncrasies

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:09 AM
Reaction score
in der Nähe von Frankfurt a. M. Deutschland
As a matter of interest, apart from 50 strips of sticking plaster and 1000 "cotton buds" (to qualify as a "1000+ piece " first aid kit.... "how good is that?!!") does the kit contain useful stuff such as a proper tourniquet ; snake bite bandage, sling e.g for a fractured arm; burns kit, disposable gloves, proper first aid book etc
(when you have time to examine will do!😂)
It's a bugbear of mine that some kits promoted by otherwise reputable organisations are, (let's say) "somewhat deficient" and certainly not "fit for purpose"...

I'd really like to get an idea of what's being offered.
There is not much useful in the first aid kit for an emergency. And emergency in Germany and Australia is certainly different in the outback. You have big spiders. ;-)
A tourniquet is definitely missing. But if you go travelling, take the things you need with you anyway, antiallergics, analgesics to a greater or lesser extent, etc.
The idea with the AED (automated electrical defibrillator) is not bad @tazzi. I just hope my wife doesn't wait a few Minutes until she sticks the pads on me and the device starts...:ROFLMAO:

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:09 AM
Reaction score
There is not much useful in the first aid kit for an emergency. And emergency in Germany and Australia is certainly different in the outback. You have big spiders. ;-)
Nobody ever got bitten by a spider in the outback. Snake , maybe, if they were doing something silly.
Crocodile - ditto. Gonna need a big prybar, plus a tourniquet to end all tourniquets!

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The included first aid kit will get relegated to the house or somewhere else. I have my own more comprehensive kit that will live in the drawers. A defib actually makes sense though - never even considered one for the car.

I’m sure I can find a better use for the door compartment.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My wife is seriously considering buying a portable defibrillator. We don't have any health issues or family history of heart troubles , but you just never know , do you!
Anyone can apply a bandaid or tear a shirt and put a tourniquet on , but you can't use your 12v system or inverter to revert cardiac standstill!
Disclaimer, I have in investment in this company. I have one of these. It is single use, but it is very compact and portable and very simple to use. If you take the subscription option they automatically replace at end of battery life and replace if used. CellAED

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
9:09 PM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Back on topic!

According to the Owner's Manual, the petrol Grenadier does not have a dipstick, but the diesel one does. The manual also says don't use the diesel dipstick to check the oil level! (p178). Now, if that isn't an idiosyncrasy then what is?

On the nearside of the engine at the back, by the yellow fitting, a black blob with white writing.

Attachments

• Diesel Gren dipstick.jpg
    Diesel Gren dipstick.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 77
  • Diesel Gren near side engine bay.jpg
    Diesel Gren near side engine bay.jpg
    314.6 KB · Views: 76

Mussels

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You might be surprised, but I rarely listen to a car radio.
I have taken the step of ordering a portable cd player that bluetooths to the car stereo.
I have a mountain of cds (no it's not stuff you can get on Spotify or Googlemusic) and I can't be arsed converting them to mp3s.
MP3 USB sticks are a nightmare to navigate.
I digress....again!

MrJAT

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:09 AM
Reaction score
Here's an idiosyncrasy for you. If you want to select a saved DAB radio station from the audio screen you have to double tap the station, but only in DAB. for FM you single tap.

Attachments

• PXL_20230516_083452023.TS.mp4
    6 MB

Mussels

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Great idea - which model did you go for?

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Should be possible to calibrate the oil level on the dipstick against the level indicated on the screen.... Might be an interesting question to put to a knowledgeable BMT-trained tech as to why the dipstick shouldn't be used as a dipstick...🤔

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Should be possible to calibrate the oil level on the dipstick against the level indicated on the screen.... Might be an interesting question to put to a knowledgeable BMT-trained tech as to why the dipstick shouldn't be used as a dipstick...🤔
This will probably not work when Ineos has modified the motor to a dry sump lubrification.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Left hand driving rear mirror "dead angle" trick, heard from trainee "Brent" at Hedin Belgium:

If the left hand mirror is looking too much upward, you can't position it in the dead angle" of the car.
Therefore, with the electric positioning buttons, force the mirror to look downwards, and then put it in the dead angle, and position it as much upward as you can. The view is slightly downwards, but you see the car in the dead angle!

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:09 AM
Reaction score
The manual also says don't use the diesel dipstick to check the oil level! (p178). Now, if that isn't an idiosyncrasy then what is?
And the fact to check the oil level you have to have the engine running and it apparently revs up itself first as part of the test (not tried myself yet).

The message you receive if the engine is not on - would be a little more helpful if it said "Please turn engine on and ensure engine oil temp is X degrees before measurement starts":
WP_20230514_016.jpg

Last edited:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Get a set of jump leads for the budget friendly option (y)
At least on the petrol engine you could extend the ignition cable from a spark plug.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom