The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

UK warranty / roadside assistance

simonpa

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:07 PM
Reaction score
UK warranty is very good but does anyone have information as to 'roadside assistance' cover in the
event ( hopefully unlikely ) of a breakdown / failure to proceed ? Maybe AA or RAC or A.N Other ?

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
10:07 PM
Reaction score
UK warranty is very good but does anyone have information as to 'roadside assistance' cover in the
event ( hopefully unlikely ) of a breakdown / failure to proceed ? Maybe AA or RAC or A.N Other ?
I don’t believe IA have published anything on this yet..

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have never seen this mentioned anywhere. You think with all their online sales broucher website they would have said something if it was included. I don't know of any other manufacturer that doesn't include it as part of the warranty

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for downloading this - now Ineos please let us know ( before we collect our vehicle ) who these ' experienced roadside assistance partners ' are.
And is it applicable for the full 5 years? I must have seen that on their website and just not engage the brain. I am now beginning to remember seeing it (it's an age thing, bit like a "senior moment"). I reckon who it is, is down to who provides the best price for IA, be it AA RAC Green Flag et al. or even IA agents directly!

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The short answer ~ The AA and Bosch.

The reply I actually got was "Bosch will have a team called "the flying spanners" who are used if you choose certain cover options."

Extract from Live Chat today:
10:36 Agent Megan said Hello, thank you for contacting INEOS Automotive. My name is Megan, how can I help?

10:37 DCPU Hi your website says you have already selected roadside assistance partners. Can you tell me who they are for the UK?

10:40 Agent Megan said The AA and Bosch.

10:41 DCPU Thanks ~ I'm not familiar with Bosch as a breakdown recovery agent? Will they be attending roadside?

10:46 Agent Megan said No problem at all. Bosch will have a team called "the flying spanners" who are used if you choose certain cover options.

Shouldn't be often it is only for when you are stuck in a really tight spot. But nothing is 100% confirmed at this stage with it.

Last edited:

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
And is it applicable for the full 5 years?
Now that's a question...

I asked and have what I can only describe as a bizarre answer. I'm waiting for the Live Chat email and I'll cut & paste it on this thread but the short answer was no. It will be for 3 years, as that is the length of the "manufactures warranty". 5 years refers to the "base warranty" and that is different!

10:47 DCPU Can you tell me what the options are? [in reference to the comment at 10:46 above regarding the Bosch "flying spanners"]

10:50 Agent Megan said It will be between you and the AA If the vehicle cant be repaired within a reasonable time the following options will be covered, In all cases, will ensure that a solution is found that is acceptable to the Authorised User.

In the event of the Authorised Driver’s intended method of travel and/or route being unavailable due to an insured cause, the Authorised Driver and the Authorised Driver’s Party must take reasonable steps to travel by the most cost effective method or route.

Over night accomidateon (upto 4 star)
Air Fares (economy)
Rail fares (standard)
Local taxi fares
Any other transport equivalent to 2nd class rail fares
Car hire

Whilst the AA makes every effort to guarantee costs within the benefits on behalf of INEOS, there will be occasions when the AA will ask INEOS and / or the Authorised Driver to pay the bill locally and reclaim agreed costs when the Authorised Driver returns Home. Claims should be notified to the AA within 31 days of the Authorised Driver’s return Home.

10:52 DCPU Right, will the service cover the full 5 years of the warranty?

10:54 Agent Megan said That is what is included in the AA package but It will be which cover option you choose with. Bosch will be there if the AA can't attend.

10:56 Agent Megan said And it covers 3 or 5 years depending on the region.

10:56 DCPU OK I'm in the UK, so is this 5 years for me?

10:57 Agent Megan said Let me check one moment.

11:02 Agent Megan said The recovery would be covered by the manufactures warranty. I believe in the UK this is 3 years.

Is there anything else I can help you with today?

11:02 DCPU The UK website says 5 years for warranty.

11:05 Agent Megan said That is the base warranty. Not the manufactures warranty.

11:05 DCPU What's the difference?

11:06 Agent Megan said The base warranty will be to cover the electrical components, drivetrain, engine and many other components aligning with other industry leaders.

The Paint warranty is to cover the painted panels of the vehicle, this could be corrosion/ defects in the paint from factory.

Anti-perforation warranty covers corrosion of items such as the chassis and body.

11:06 DCPU Right, so what is the manufactures warranty you have referred to?

11:10 Agent Megan said If the vehicle has become stuck or incapacitated due to a manufacturing defect or electrical fault, the recovery would be covered by the manufactures warranty.

Basically if there is a fault due to the manufacturer not the cusomer or weather and so on.

11:10 DCPU How is that different from the base warranty?

11:12 Agent Megan said The base warrenty is if the manufactures is not in the wrong and the other is if we are.

If it is a fault with how the vehicle was made not how it has been used.

11:12 DCPU So the base warranty is 5 years and the manufactures is 3 years?

11:13 Agent Megan said Yes.

11:14 DCPU OK, you have throughly confused me!

11:15 Agent Megan said Manufacturer's Warranty means an expressly written warranty issued by the manufacturer of the Insured Item at the time of purchase.

11:15 DCPU And a base warranty?

11:16 Agent Megan A warranty is a guarantee from a manufacturer or seller that defective products will be repaired or replaced.

I hope that has helped you undersatnd it a little more. Sorry if I have confused you.

11:17 DCPU OK, I'll sign off here. Thanks for your time.

11:18 Agent Megan said Would it be easier if I explained it to you over the phone?

11:18 DCPU No thanks.

11:19 Agent Megan said No problem, Yes it gets send afterwards if you need it you can always call in or Email to request it again also.

Last edited:

simonpa

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Now that's a question...

I asked and have what I can only describe as a bizarre answer. I'm waiting for the Live Chat email and I'll cut & paste it on this thread but the short answer was no. It will be for 3 years, as that is the length of the "manufactures warranty". 5 years refers to the "base warranty" and that is different!

10:47 DCPU Can you tell me what the options are? [in reference to the comment at 10:46 above regarding the Bosch "flying spanners"]

10:50 Agent Megan said It will be between you and the AA If the vehicle cant be repaired within a reasonable time the following options will be covered, In all cases, will ensure that a solution is found that is acceptable to the Authorised User.

In the event of the Authorised Driver’s intended method of travel and/or route being unavailable due to an insured cause, the Authorised Driver and the Authorised Driver’s Party must take reasonable steps to travel by the most cost effective method or route.

Over night accomidateon (upto 4 star)
Air Fares (economy)
Rail fares (standard)
Local taxi fares
Any other transport equivalent to 2nd class rail fares
Car hire

Whilst the AA makes every effort to guarantee costs within the benefits on behalf of INEOS, there will be occasions when the AA will ask INEOS and / or the Authorised Driver to pay the bill locally and reclaim agreed costs when the Authorised Driver returns Home. Claims should be notified to the AA within 31 days of the Authorised Driver’s return Home.

10:52 DCPU Right, will the service cover the full 5 years of the warranty?

10:54 Agent Megan said That is what is included in the AA package but It will be which cover option you choose with. Bosch will be there if the AA can't attend.

10:56 Agent Megan said And it covers 3 or 5 years depending on the region.

10:56 DCPU OK I'm in the UK, so is this 5 years for me?

10:57 Agent Megan said Let me check one moment.

11:02 Agent Megan said The recovery would be covered by the manufactures warranty. I believe in the UK this is 3 years.

Is there anything else I can help you with today?

11:02 DCPU The UK website says 5 years for warranty.

11:05 Agent Megan said That is the base warranty. Not the manufactures warranty.

11:05 DCPU What's the difference?

11:06 Agent Megan said The base warranty will be to cover the electrical components, drivetrain, engine and many other components aligning with other industry leaders.

The Paint warranty is to cover the painted panels of the vehicle, this could be corrosion/ defects in the paint from factory.

Anti-perforation warranty covers corrosion of items such as the chassis and body.

11:06 DCPU Right, so what is the manufactures warranty you have referred to?

11:10 Agent Megan said If the vehicle has become stuck or incapacitated due to a manufacturing defect or electrical fault, the recovery would be covered by the manufactures warranty.

Basically if there is a fault due to the manufacturer not the cusomer or weather and so on.

11:10 DCPU How is that different from the base warranty?

11:12 Agent Megan said The base warrenty is if the manufactures is not in the wrong and the other is if we are.

If it is a fault with how the vehicle was made not how it has been used.

11:12 DCPU So the base warranty is 5 years and the manufactures is 3 years?

11:13 Agent Megan said Yes.

11:14 DCPU OK, you have throughly confused me!

11:15 Agent Megan said Manufacturer's Warranty means an expressly written warranty issued by the manufacturer of the Insured Item at the time of purchase.

11:15 DCPU And a base warranty?

11:16 Agent Megan A warranty is a guarantee from a manufacturer or seller that defective products will be repaired or replaced.

I hope that has helped you undersatnd it a little more. Sorry if I have confused you.

11:17 DCPU OK, I'll sign off here. Thanks for your time.

11:18 Agent Megan said Would it be easier if I explained it to you over the phone?

11:18 DCPU No thanks.

11:19 Agent Megan said No problem, Yes it gets send afterwards if you need it you can always call in or Email to request it again also.

Sorry for starting this thread but thank you for persevering albeit not getting the answers any of us wanted !

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I was hoping someone here could shed some light on what I was told...

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Sorry for starting this thread but thank you for persevering albeit not getting the answers any of us wanted !
As my only other job for the day was to set some mole traps, then all I can say was next time I'll be setting the mole traps out in the snow storm in preference.

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
When I did my car handover the agent said there would be 2 years AA cover arranged and I would get membership details through the post.

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
AA cover is good although I do already have it with my bank account. Still need to get to the bottom of the 5yr base warranty V the 3yr manufacturer warranty which I have not seen any mention of.

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:07 PM
Reaction score
Translated from the Italian Ineos Automotive website:
And for even more peace of mind, we have selected a number of roadside assistance partners who will work with us to guarantee you always get the help you need.
[...]
OUTSIDE NETWORK ASSISTANCE
Our goal is to guarantee assistance wherever you are. In addition to our network, we have a global agreement with Bosch Car Service that will allow you to receive assistance anywhere in the world, even in countries where the Grenadier is not for sale. Our team at INEOS HQ will work with you and your shop personnel to minimize downtime. Communications will take place via SMS, telephone or e-mail. And in the event of an emergency, our Flying Spanner technicians will be ready to reach you and help you even in the remotest corners of the planet.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
AA cover is good although I do already have it with my bank account. Still need to get to the bottom of the 5yr base warranty V the 3yr manufacturer warranty which I have not seen any mention of.
I've been into bat ~ someone else's turn next...

I'm chalking it down to another cost cutting exercise; unless it's just that Ineos have only signed a two year deal at present and may roll out further years in the future as the fleet expands and they perhaps are able to strike better deals.

Last edited:

simonpa

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Now that more vehicles are released to customers is there any update to 'roadside assistance'.
With the amount of spurious notifications being flagged it may be required sooner than we had hoped !!

Back
Top Bottom