Tyre sizes?

Anyone know if the on board computer will be programmable for tyre sizes to keep the speedo accurate? Or even better will different diff ratios be available?

This one on the South Africa demo circuit looks sooo much better with larger tyres. The standard model looks under tyred to me… First thing I do when i get mine will be fit some bigger tyres…

DenisM

Reservation Holder
The vehicle is not only sporting bigger tyres but non-standard wheels as well.... ?
I can imagine that the increased weight of that combination will certainly test the rigidity of the rear door when the vehicle is driven over rough corrugated roads...

I notice the spare is just the standard BFG.. 
I saw the other thread on tyres after I posted this, seems like there is the option to go to 33 which I would definitely do.

@nd

Grenadier Ordered
Just been looking at how much BFG's KO2 tyres weigh, raised white lettering add about 10% to the tyre weight.

Shaky

Grenadier Ordered
Must be very think paint then !!

I wonder why that adds 10%. Time will tell but I hope we don’t end up with rear doors dropping over time. I reassure myself that the same problem on the old LR is so well known that the Ineos designers have thought about that one a long time ago. 

The door hinges on the Grenadier look strong. Maybe we can get some input from Ineos on the weight capacity of the spare carrier.

A relatively easy option for aftermarket producers (if they are inclined) is a bumper-mounted swing-out carrier like the one below. I've used similar products in the past, and they have worked well. The two downsides are cost (often a new rear bumper as well as the swing-out tire carrier), and weight (steel bumper, steel tire carrier, plus the larger tire).

But other options might emerge in the aftermarket if the Grenadier sells well, and maybe some aluminum products will be developed. Gotta keep weight down as much as possible. An example is GenRight - an American firm specializing in aluminum Jeep parts, like this tire carrier below:

DenisM

Reservation Holder
The inclusion of an optional exterior "utility belt" on each door required strengthening of doors and frames etc. I've seen commentary on this which mentions the additional load on the door of up to 150kg max. That's static... so the increased dynamic loading of a "weighty"  35"  tyre on a steel rim should mean that that the hinges won't tire!?? (Dad joke sorry!)

[QUOTE username=Tom D userid=9001460 postid=1332888672]I notice the spare is just the standard BFG.. 
I saw the other thread on tyres after I posted this, seems like there is the option to go to 33 which I would definitely do.[/QUOTE]

I don't think the spare tire location allows for a 35" tire due to how close to the rear left door it would be - it would likely hit the tire before it can open.  This was mentioned in another thread... probably an easy fix with an aftermarket tire bracket.  I wouldn't be surprised if Ineos offered one in short order too.