The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Trail Turn Assist

Local time
8:25 AM
Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I was talking about in Post #13. And its starting to catch on with other manufacturers who want to keep up.
Yes, I've noticed. I'm not generally in favor of banning things, but TTA is a feature just begging to be abused, and to take the place of proper driving.

Local time
5:25 PM
Reaction score
Yes, I've noticed. I'm not generally in favor of banning things, but TTA is a feature just begging to be abused, and to take the place of proper driving.
Unfortunately, not everyone driving off road thinks about trail preservation. Sometimes I see people driving up a steep hill in rear-wheel drive, bouncing up and down, spinning tires like crazy, and tearing up the trail. They say, as if it makes them manly, "you don't need four-wheel drive for this trail".

Four wheel drive, low ratio, and lockers when you would otherwise spin a tire. This is the best way to prevent trails from getting closed due to erosion.

grenadierguy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:25 AM
Reaction score
I've never used it, but I can see that it might be useful on switchbacks - especially those with big drop-offs, like Black Bear Pass in Colorado.

However, I'm not really a fan of the concept, as I think it will tear-up the trails. Trail erosion up high in the mountains is a pretty big deal in my neck of the woods.

☝️THIS! The trail damage is real... For what? A party trick.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:25 PM
Reaction score
Perhaps the new Range Rover achieves the same goal but in a more sympathetic way:

Or you could go all in and do it properly:

BD1

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:25 AM
Reaction score
I had a Bronco. Trial turn assist was fun in a parking lot with snow. A bit of a party trick. Makes a strange noise locking up the rear wheel that doesn't sound great. You are not supposed to use use it on dry payment.

Back
Top Bottom