The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Tow Hitch and Electronics Install

Texas Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
1:47 PM
Reaction score
Can your dealer add the Tow Hitch and electronics later on if it was not ordered with one ?

I Have a Vin, dealer sent me the spec sheet, but the Tow Hitch is not on the dealer spec that they sent me.

It is on my ordered spec sheet online from Ineos's website.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:47 PM
Reaction score
Speak to INEOS. It will be best done in the factory.

Texas Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Well, it is already in production, so want to know if it can be added after. Thanks

LC0013

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Same situation here except mine is supposedly already built. I sent request to Ineos to clarify if factory installed or by dealer.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I ordered mine without a tow bar - and now INEOS cannot add one post production.

Therefore, if you need a tower - you must order it during the initial order.

LC0013

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Mine was ordered with tow hitch but it was not installed per dealer summary provided. I asked Ineos, via online chat, if Tow Hitch was a factory installed or dealer installed item and if perhaps it was installed but did not make it to the dealer summary. This is what my "chat" response was:

Potentially Mark but I know in Europe these have been fitted retrospectively so there is no need to worry to be honest, this is an easy fix worst case scenario.

Last edited:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:47 PM
Reaction score
Mine was ordered with tow hitch but it was not installed per dealer summary provided. I asked Ineos, via online chat, if Tow Hitch was a factory installed or dealer installed item and if perhaps it was installed but did not make it to the dealer summary. This is what my "chat" response was:

Potentially Mark but I know in Europe these have been fitted retrospectively so there is no need to worry to be honest, this is an easy fix worst case scenario.
The bar might be easy. Running the wires? Hmmmmm

Texas Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score

Excellent - thanks for the response. This is good to know!!!

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Ah now I understand!
The important thing is to have the wiring installed in the factory and the correct software installed. The actual hitch can be installed easily by the dealer.

Texas Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Just in from my Dealer!

"You will have the option to have it dealer installed when the car arrives.

We will look into making sure the part here so we can get that done.

Hopefully that can alleviate an issue with the order!"

Andy Cooke

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
I ordered mine without a tow bar - and now INEOS cannot add one post production.

Therefore, if you need a tower - you must order it during the initial order.
I also tried to add a Tow bar and electrics to my order after signing the contract. So, speaking to INEOS this week, they confirmed that the dealership can now fit one....

Local time
Reaction score
I also tried to add a Tow bar and electrics to my order after signing the contract. So, speaking to INEOS this week, they confirmed that the dealership can now fit one....
You need it factory fitted because of the ABS software it an integrated package not just a bolt on thing .

Local time
11:47 AM
Reaction score
A little off topic but do we know what kind of diagnostic tool we need for the Ineos? Hopefully the tow package is something we can configure later ourselves with the right tool.

Our current truck does a few things different when the trailer is plugged in (proximity warning is turned off for the rear, light on the dash that lets you know your towing something (smile) and I think the blinkers act differently…but I don’t recall anything to do with ABS. @Andy Cooke does the Ineos do that and is there anything else? It’s in my order but I thought it was just the receiver and wiring harness.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:47 AM
Reaction score
A little off topic but do we know what kind of diagnostic tool we need for the Ineos? Hopefully the tow package is something we can configure later ourselves with the right tool.

Our current truck does a few things different when the trailer is plugged in (proximity warning is turned off for the rear, light on the dash that lets you know your towing something (smile) and I think the blinkers act differently…but I don’t recall anything to do with ABS. @Andy Cooke does the Ineos do that and is there anything else? It’s in my order but I thought it was just the receiver and wiring harness.
The ABS activating pulse is possibly programmed differently with respect to amplitude and frequency to take account of increased GVM/GCM

Local time
Reaction score
In a few pickups we’ve had over the years the tow package included additional oil cooling (trans and engine). Would be nice to get the detail, less so for myself as I have the feature in my order but for those that want to look at the aftermarket options.

Local time
Reaction score
@Bobby Mac thanks! Nice to know there are some other features behind the hitch HW. I love the: attach a trailer to the trailer hitch only:)

Back
Top Bottom