The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

This made me feel old

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:56 AM
Reaction score
I don't think I was ever weird enough to turn into my parents!
In my garage right now - bits and pieces of wood trim (because you never know), saved up containers that I'll someday put stuff in, and bags of bags. Total punch in the face watching that.

Last edited:

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:56 PM
Reaction score
In my garage right now - bits and pieces of wood trim (because you never know), saved up containers that I'll someday put stuff in, and bags of bags. Total punch in the face watching that.

Me 2:

In my garage right now - bits and pieces of wood trim (because you never know), saved up containers that I'll someday put stuff in, and bags of bags.

But also: in the cellar and attic.

Total punch in the face watching that.

:unsure: :eek:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
4:56 PM
Reaction score
My parents are dead - and I haven't turned into them. Yet.

TRAILMASTER

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:56 AM
Reaction score
My aging father has had his mostly original, non-running '61 Corvette convertible (2nd owner) stored in his Arizona garage since 1983.
The vehicle itself has become a storage unit for numerous useless unrelated items and mostly empty boxes.
My garaged and running '89 LR 110 will not follow suit - Sorry Dad!
And yes - I have both asked to buy it as well as offered to simply get it off its flat tires and fully running again for years.
Some day perhaps but certainly no rush now as he is fortunately still with us!
Otherwise - tissue boxes are the wifes and remnant building materials are from our just completed renovation :ROFLMAO:

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:56 PM
Reaction score
I've noticed that as I get older - boxes have become a thing. Now it's 'we cant throw out that box - it's a number 10 double walled heavy duty moisture proof one.' That progresses into an obsession over the avocado and various citrus boxes found at Costco with the handy handles and heavy weight construction. At this rate I'll be out trying to score specialty packaging anytime now.

Why do the avocado boxes have to stay in the garage - they really are art after all:

IMG_6645.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6647.jpg
    IMG_6647.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:56 AM
Reaction score
I am finding that I am keeping things I know I won’t need.

How bad is it that when something of mine breaks electronics, small appliances, etc. I tend to take them apart and occasionally keep some of the components (Screws, magnets, etc.)

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:56 PM
Reaction score
I am finding that I am keeping things I know I won’t need.

How bad is it that when something of mine breaks electronics, small appliances, etc. I tend to take them apart and occasionally keep some of the components (Screws, magnets, etc.)
How bad is it? Sounds totally fine - you might need the wiring harness from a '74 Eureka vacuum one day to fix some odd other appliance!

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
7:56 AM
Reaction score
I don't think I was ever weird enough to turn into my parents!

I wouldn't be too sure. I read your whole LR refurb blog. 😉

How bad is it? Sounds totally fine - you might need the wiring harness from a '74 Eureka vacuum one day to fix some odd other appliance!

Yep. And once a decade that proves true.

Back
Top Bottom