The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

The pick-up will arrive before Christmas 2023

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:33 PM
Reaction score
Says Klaus Hartmann, European manager of Ineos Automotive.

"but we are also working on a smaller electric Grenadier for 2025-2026".

"Customer deliveries of the new 4x4 will begin in the first quarter of 2023, with high expectations for Italy: "Italy will be our second market, after Germany," says Hartmann."

The editor's note made me chuckle: "the more bourgeois Station Wagon versions"

Local time
7:33 AM
Reaction score
I wonder if IA monitors this site for comments.

Silence on this one , hmmm ...

Fool me once, shame on you !
Fool me twice, shame on me !

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:33 PM
Reaction score
I wonder if IA monitors this site for comments.

Silence on this one , hmmm ...

Fool me once, shame on you !
Fool me twice, shame on me !
I was told the pickup/Ute would be approximately 18 months after the SW started
I was also told that a demo unit is leaving factory for Australia 2nd week of January
I assume this will be a hand built prototype, the same as the original demo units for the SW
After that I would expect it to follow a similar but shorter cycle as the SW

Last edited:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
1:33 PM
Reaction score
Well, it's about Italy ... 🤡 🥳

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:33 AM
Reaction score
This right here makes me think the delay in the US could also align with the launch of LWB Grenadier. May ppl in the US have complained about how small the back is compared to a 4runner. How are we going to pack our coffee maker, microwave, sofa if we don't have the space. I wonder if they just drop the option for an SWB or LWB.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That would be a great disappointment, but one not unrealistic. Personally, 115” is more than enough wheelbase and caving in to an America-specific extended LWB, 3-row monster will defeat the entire ethos of the Grenadier.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:33 PM
Reaction score
That would be a great disappointment, but one not unrealistic. Personally, 115” is more than enough wheelbase and caving in to an America-specific extended LWB, 3-row monster will defeat the entire ethos of the Grenadier.
The long wheel base would also be popular here in Australia as long as the extension is behind the back seat not in front of it.
The two seat version would make a great overlander with the extension and long flat floor.
The longer wheel base is also needed for the dual cab ute

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I misspoke @Krabby, I'm thinking we get both options a SWB or a LWB. We know it's coming and as @DaveB wrote, the LWB is the foundation of the UTE. The same UTE is supposed to come to the US as a premium due to the Chicken tax.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Makes more sense that way. The “mid” size pickup market has made a huge turnaround in the US but still pales in comparison to full size trucks. I think Ineos will struggle to sell what would be considered mid size here at what will most likely be a very high price by comparison. A super-spec’d Tacoma or Ranger is below $50k and if the IG is closer to $75-80, I don’t see an Ineos pickup doing too well at IG prices.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Makes more sense that way. The “mid” size pickup market has made a huge turnaround in the US but still pales in comparison to full size trucks. I think Ineos will struggle to sell what would be considered mid size here at what will most likely be a very high price by comparison. A super-spec’d Tacoma or Ranger is below $50k and if the IG is closer to $75-80, I don’t see an Ineos pickup doing too well at IG prices.
I think the pickup/UTE will be a special order or limited run here in US. I don't think we will see one in a dealership for sale. I would love to have one and throw a canopy on it from Norweld.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I think Ineos already had plans for a 3 row Station wagon on the extended wheelbase; then of course there's the safari prototype ~ what wheelbase is that on?

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think Ineos already had plans for a 3 row Station wagon on the extended wheelbase; then of course there's the safari prototype ~ what wheelbase is that on?
🤔

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:33 PM
Reaction score
It seems to be the standard chassis. It just looks longer because of the missing roof and the extra seats.But the rear doors are still quite narrow and close to the back wheels.

Back
Top Bottom