The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

The first 10.000 km

NoAge Hunter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:34 PM
Reaction score
So, the first 10.000 km are done in the last 10 weeks.
So far it was a lot of fun!
Did I have electrical gremlins? Yes, but since 10 days they disappeared completely.
Was there a need for a new windscreen after 3 days? Yes, but that has nothing to do do with the car but rather with a big stone 🙄
However, from my point of view it is all about managing expectations. Buying a new car from a company that is new in this market…… I expected some start-up problems.
So in the first 10.000 km went from Germany two North Wales and two weeks later to the West Alpes (Italy and France) and inbetween a short trip to Switzerland. The rest have been some business trips….
During the trips I had a lot of fun, regardless if it was on the muddy green lanes in Wales or on the dusty and rocky „ways“ in the West Alpes!
Real Technical Problems: Zero! (Okay, need a new air filter after the Alpes. - normal)
Damages? Just some dents in the rock sliders - but that is what they are designed for.
Observations? For me the motor cooling systems shows in Italy at hot temperatures while driving 10-11 hours in steep ways at alow speed did proof that it works.
The suspension system is a bit soft in the back, especially when heavy loaded, but still excellent for a not modified system.
Is there a need to teain the Ineos customer contact? Yes?

So would I buy it again? For sure yes, if it goes ahead like that!
So- no there is a need for some cleaning ….the next trip is coming soon: Skandinavia (Norray, Sweden Finnland) after new year. Before that some „ hunting jobs“ in the woods.
Looking forward to some more good trips…..now iI need to go for cleaning the toy ……8a57ca31-3c4c-4d79-90a1-c455c0bb68d1.jpeg
IMG_1578.jpeg

Burki

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:34 PM
Reaction score
So, the first 10.000 km are done in the last 10 weeks.
So far it was a lot of fun!
Did I have electrical gremlins? Yes, but since 10 days they disappeared completely.
Was there a need for a new windscreen after 3 days? Yes, but that has nothing to do do with the car but rather with a big stone 🙄
However, from my point of view it is all about managing expectations. Buying a new car from a company that is new in this market…… I expected some start-up problems.
So in the first 10.000 km went from Germany two North Wales and two weeks later to the West Alpes (Italy and France) and inbetween a short trip to Switzerland. The rest have been some business trips….
During the trips I had a lot of fun, regardless if it was on the muddy green lanes in Wales or on the dusty and rocky „ways“ in the West Alpes!
Real Technical Problems: Zero! (Okay, need a new air filter after the Alpes. - normal)
Damages? Just some dents in the rock sliders - but that is what they are designed for.
Observations? For me the motor cooling systems shows in Italy at hot temperatures while driving 10-11 hours in steep ways at alow speed did proof that it works.
The suspension system is a bit soft in the back, especially when heavy loaded, but still excellent for a not modified system.
Is there a need to teain the Ineos customer contact? Yes?

So would I buy it again? For sure yes, if it goes ahead like that!
So- no there is a need for some cleaning ….the next trip is coming soon: Skandinavia (Norray, Sweden Finnland) after new year. Before that some „ hunting jobs“ in the woods.
Looking forward to some more good trips…..now iI need to go for cleaning the toy ……View attachment 7827435
View attachment 7827436
das sind aber keine Rock Slider auf dem Pic, sondern eher die Behinderten-Einstiegshilfen, die ich auch drauf habe (auf besonderen Wunsch meiner Frau, die Rock Slider musste ich leider abmontieren).

Back
Top Bottom