The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

After the first two weeks......

Top Cat

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:11 PM
Reaction score
I have now had my Trialmaster here in South Australia for two weeks after picking it up from the dealer (Adelaide Hills Motor Group who have been excellent).
The vehicle is everything I hoped for and so i took it up to the farm at Swan Reach on the Murray. The ground is mostly deep sand and the truck had no issues! Below are some photos of the Grenadier in the workplace as we build another shed. On the road it is so comfortable and fuel efficient.
A few things that are annoying. the tyre pressure warning goes into overdrive when one tyre goes 1 psi over when travelling. It then shows tyres at 35, 41, 43 psi all within seconds. I have videod this and sent it to the dealer. He says its part of the new software fix. The way the switches are wired for accessories is weird so I will be looking to transfer a few across to the second battery direct with a few more fuses.
If I go over a railway line all the warnings go off! A bit alarming but again when videoed I was told its being fixed via software..
I have fitted an Excogear radio https://www.ecoxgear.com.au/products/exg3000-tpk under the glovebox and used the suggested wiring in the footwell. Easy to put through the engine bay to the front bar. This unit retails at $399 inc two aerials. I bought this unit because it is not as complicated and costly as a GME or similar. It works very well and the aerials are of high quality.
I also fitted a Hardkorr rear work light using the plugs on the sides of the roof. Fits well on the Front Runner rack.
I will post photos when I have done a few other things
The Grenadier is a head turner! it creates a lot of interest when I go to sites and farms and they all get excited when I tell them about the Quartermaster. Even the wildlife is interested! So for me my early decision to support the truck and Ineos was well founded, even though they have the worst customer service system I have had to deal with. TJM are doing a bar and that's my next big accessory

Attachments

• work2.jpg
    work2.jpg
    269.8 KB · Views: 274
  • work3.jpg
    work3.jpg
    298 KB · Views: 230
  • Joey.jpg
    Joey.jpg
    262 KB · Views: 249

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:11 AM
Reaction score
my tire pressure warnings come on the 2nd day of ownership after the rear left tyre seemingly lost 1psi... then has not come on since!!! ODDDD.

Local time
Reaction score
Love the look of your Grenadier and also where you live. look at that sky! Forgotten what a blue sky looks like here.

Top Cat

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Love the look of your Grenadier and also where you live. look at that sky! Forgotten what a blue sky looks like here.
Hi Lighting
Thanks for your comments, you are going to hate this!!! Up on the Madigan Line in the Simpson Desert in my trusty D4 with my friend Roger! The moon is out on a clear night sky with the desert heat and the red sand!
The tyre pressures continue to play up!

Attachments

• IMG_9192.JPG
    IMG_9192.JPG
    148.6 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_9213.JPG
    IMG_9213.JPG
    137.8 KB · Views: 206
Local time
Reaction score
Wow that's some amazing scenery there. Your Land Rovers definitely aren't mall cruisers!

Top Cat

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
No, we use the vehicles for serious Outback trips and this is why i selected the Grenadier. Its not as "fragile" as other vehicles on the market and we are a long way away if we break down
Some nice shots of the last Desert Loop (around 3,100kms) just completed and a shot of the local transport at Beetoota

Attachments

• sky1.JPG
    sky1.JPG
    140.4 KB · Views: 138
  • temp3 105.JPG
    temp3 105.JPG
    322.6 KB · Views: 142
  • temp3 083.JPG
    temp3 083.JPG
    332.8 KB · Views: 167

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:11 AM
Reaction score
No, we use the vehicles for serious Outback trips and this is why i selected the Grenadier. Its not as "fragile" as other vehicles on the market and we are a long way away if we break down
Some nice shots of the last Desert Loop (around 3,100kms) just completed and a shot of the local transport at Beetoota
Classic outback pub if there ever was one

OzyGrenie

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:11 AM
Reaction score
'AFTER TWO WEEKS' - you didn't mention the no.1 critical issue for the Grenadier, (particularly long distance travel off-road or touring), is the fuel gauge issue.
The amber display only indicates a general warning 'an estimate' of less than 170 kms remaining in the tank, when red indicates less than 70 kms remaining.
As it is already is calculating current usage over remaining fuel level to provide a warning, my no.1 request to INEOS please please . . . . include in the display the option for indicating actual remaining range left in kms/miles. (ie. not using my mobile phone to calculate).

Top Cat

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
yes, the fuel issue is a biggie but as I had two tanks on my D4 which didn't measure fuel usage properly have got used to measuring it off my mileage. I also top off as I go out of habit

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:11 AM
Reaction score
'AFTER TWO WEEKS' - you didn't mention the no.1 critical issue for the Grenadier, (particularly long distance travel off-road or touring), is the fuel gauge issue.
The amber display only indicates a general warning 'an estimate' of less than 170 kms remaining in the tank, when red indicates less than 70 kms remaining.
As it is already is calculating current usage over remaining fuel level to provide a warning, my no.1 request to INEOS please please . . . . include in the display the option for indicating actual remaining range left in kms/miles. (ie. not using my mobile phone to calculate).
Correct me if I’m wrong, but the remaining km can be shown on the display. Just press the button on the left (at least on the LHD vehicles) steering column lever (indicator) as long as the wished information is shown on the central display.

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve been told the fuel gauge calibrates as it goes and becomes more accurate with time

parb

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
4:11 PM
Reaction score
I’ve been told the fuel gauge calibrates as it goes and becomes more accurate with time
That sounds hokey. Those sensors tend to be developed with functional programming and rarely change.

Maybe they meant the miles remaining based on fuel level? That metric is based on an average of many samples each heavily influenced by driving style. I can totally see how more sampling creates better predictions.

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That sounds hokey. Those sensors tend to be developed with functional programming and rarely change.

Maybe they meant the miles remaining based on fuel level? That metric is based on an average of many samples each heavily influenced by driving style. I can totally see how more sampling creates better predictions.
I’m pretty sure it’s in the manual

Voader - Oudersopzwier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:11 AM
Reaction score
Correct me if I’m wrong, but the remaining km can be shown on the display. Just press the button on the left (at least on the LHD vehicles) steering column lever (indicator) as long as the wished information is shown on the central display.
It is! :giggle: Didn't know that. Indeed, there is a trip button there at the top of the indicators lever. I always did this action using the central turning knob to switch and browse between the actual miles, fuel consumption, trip etc.... Much better and faster now that I now that this button is there. Again, I have learned something new on this forum!

Sweet Kisses Kiss GIF

Back
Top Bottom