The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Thanks to the Forum and Happy New Year !

painter

Reservation Holder
Local time
12:42 AM
Reaction score
Thanks guys, it's been swell. Good fun, good to get to know you all. Have learned a lot.

Mr. Stu, thanks much for the forum, for us Ludites that don't use other social media. And thanks for your work on here, putting up with our thread drift, bad jokes etc.

So another year done. Here's hoping for a safe and happy New Year. I hope all you folks waiting get your Grenadier in the coming year, or the one after that, or ...

Me, time to get productive, get the brushes out and back to painting. I'll check back in "soon" (Ineos time !).

All the best Everyone !!

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:42 AM
Reaction score
Hi guys. I join painter with his kind words. I am glad that Stu has started this forum. Thanks for that!
It's nice to have a community but not know each other in real life. Maybe not yet for some.
Even though personal contacts in the USA, Australia, New Zealand, Tasmania are very appealing to me, I will probably concentrate on the UK and Germany for now. Maybe we'll manage to meet in central locations after we've all done a rally.
But who knows, even if one of us is on holiday in a country and there are Grenadier owners there, we might meet up. That would be nice.

I don't think it will happen this year. Some of us are already in the new year and the rest will follow in a few hours.

Happy New Year 2023 to you all!

PanoramaJJ

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:42 AM
Reaction score
If you drive a really offroad vehicle, then you aren´t "main stream". If you tell someone in Germany, that you have ordered a new car - then the people want to know WHAT electric car you have ordered... And then you tell, that you have ordered a DIESEL - the conversation STOPPS at once. No one understands you - you are a FREAK, you are "old school", from yesterday, or that way.

I enjoy this forum very much! I hope 2023 will become a GREAT YEAR for many of us, and I hope that I will find many MAD GUYS in Ineos on the road.

By the way: In 2023 an Ineos Grenadier will be a very exclusive car, more seldom than other, even handmade cars! Crazy, isn´t it? I thank you for this forum, I thank you for the likes, I thank you for the many, many good ideas and storys I have read. SEE YOU - anywhere, anywhen. AND THANKS TO YOU ALL. Crazy people, mad people are the best of all, especially people who go off road, who drive off road, who like nature and to sit around the fire.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
... you have ordered a DIESEL - the conversation STOPPS at once. No one understands you - you are a FREAK, you are "old school", from yesterday, or that way.

..., who drive off road, who like nature and to sit around the fire.
I understand perfectly what you say ...
I ordered a petrol car (I prefer diesel) ... because some cities will ban diesel cars in the upcoming years.
And I am preparing arguments against people who will criticize me because of my choice of a Grenadier.
  • I take my bike to go to the bakery when it isn't raining, even when it is very cold (1.5 km).
  • When the weather is really ok, I take my bike for 10 to 15 km to go working (my "new" job now is every distance, any moment of the day, often not planned ).
  • I take the train when it is easy to reach the place.
I hope to find other arguments, because a lot of people use their cars 100% of the time and don't walk or take the bicycle,

And I like camping, camp fire, hiking, ... this is also "green". And I am not ashamed to admit I voted the last years mainly "green" while I don't agree with all their arguments. (last two times I didn't vote, although it is mandatory in Belgium, and you can get a fine, but I didn't.)

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:42 PM
Reaction score
I ordered a petrol car (I prefer diesel) ... because some cities will ban diesel cars in the upcoming years.
And I am preparing arguments against people who will criticize me because of my choice of a Grenadier.
  • I take my bike to go to the bakery when it isn't raining, even when it is very cold (1.5 km).
  • When the weather is really ok, I take my bike for 10 to 15 km to go working (my "new" job now is every distance, any moment of the day, often not planned ).
I hope to find other arguments, because a lot of people use their cars 100% of the time and don't walk or take the bicycle,

And I like camping, camp fire, hiking, ... this is also "green". And I am not ashamed to admit I voted the last years mainly "green" while I don't agree with all their arguments. (last two times I didn't vote, although it is mandatory in Belgium, and you can get a fine, but I didn't.)
So sad that things are getting like that but I guess as the world becomes more crowded we need to take action
In Australia it is very different in most places.
If you don't have a large 4wd/SUV you are frowned at
1673986704253.png

PanoramaJJ

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Maybe I have an argument for you: "sustainability". My old Toyota this year will become twenty-eight. I think - that is good for the resources. And the INEOS will be a car like this - not to drive for maybe five or seven years and then to buy a new one. The Ineos is built to be driven for at least ten, maybe for twenty years. THINGS LIKE THIS SAVE THE WORLD. Not to buy a new toy every year - a new handy, new clothes, new gagagas... but to use things for a long time, as long as possible. So you can save the world - it maybe not the usual way, but I think, it is the right one... (y)

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Maybe I have an argument for you: "sustainability".
Not many people understand this, this is a pity, but I agree completely with you. (y)

I am still using ordinary light bulbs, till they are broken. Some people replaced all of them with "led lamps" and trashed the old lamps, because cheaper in electricity consumption, but they forget that to make the bulb (lamp) you also needed energy. Difficult to explain this to some people!

Back
Top Bottom