The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Tech Specs

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:52 PM
Reaction score
Having a good old fashioned gutter makes things easier to mount. 
With power outlets in the space of the tie down rails also allows for different temporary solutions such as clamp on worklights or LED strips for softer lighting in camp. 
Powered shower or even plugging in a compressor or fan for cooling 
Such a versatile option with the prewired outlets and switches

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
8:52 AM
Reaction score
I agree, and I am happy I ordered the extra wiring.

It has been shown to me once again that apparently difficult or complex decisions are usually made well if you follow your first impulse. From a certain level of complexity, the feeling is superior to the logic.

Bushguide

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
2:52 AM
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where you would plug in the power lead to run your Garmen Overlander navigator. There does appear to be any sort of cigerette lighter socket from what I have seen.

cheswick

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Les Hiddins  Bushguide userid=8850676 postid=1332998206]Can anyone tell me where you would plug in the power lead to run your Garmen Overlander navigator. There does appear to be any sort of cigerette lighter socket from what I have seen.[/QUOTE]

I saw on the prototype USB and USB-C ports in the storage area between the front seats. If your Garmin is currently using a cig socket you can swap that out for any micro usb cable.

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:52 PM
Reaction score
The need for a 12 volt cigarette lighter/“power point” would be the same for radios such as the Midland MXT 275 GMRS transceiver.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Les Hiddins  Bushguide userid=8850676 postid=1332998206]Can anyone tell me where you would plug in the power lead to run your Garmen Overlander navigator. There does appear to be any sort of cigerette lighter socket from what I have seen.[/QUOTE]

Hi Les,
the Australian brochure lists  " Front USB Ports (x2),  Front 12V Socket." 
However, given that the central dashboard panel below the LED screen in the prototype was "3D printed" with make-believe switches to fill in the space, I haven't a clue as to where the 12V socket is located.
Another issue is whether it's the standard 12V "cigar" socket or the Hella/Merit socket which is becoming more prevalent on euro vehicles and is mechanically more secure... ideal for off-roading.

WhiteBear

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
These are the sockets, Ineos sent me the picture after I asked your questions I had also.

Smokers pack is of no use, it is just a lighter in the 12 volt socket.

Attachments

• 83C67111-96B8-4528-A16B-890BE2A4A90B.png
    83C67111-96B8-4528-A16B-890BE2A4A90B.png
    203.2 KB · Views: 74

cheswick

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks Karl.

Good to see they still have the cig socket, I was under the impression that the “smokers pack” was needed for that option.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:52 PM
Reaction score
Something to add is that you are beginning to be able to run third-party map systems on AA and Carplay.   You download your travel from Gaia GPS and use your infotament screen as your navigation. 

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Les, 
I see the question is answered above but it may be worth noting that the Overlander is pretty readily hard-wired, and in such case works well with the whole magnetic base etc if you want to remove the device when parked.  I did that in my last vehicle, freeing the scarce socket for a Garmin inReach/other device. Not sure if you have those two paired up but also a good combination option for remote use.

Sandman

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Have heard that the inverter is 2K so useful could plug most things into that.

Will try to get evidence
I was at the Sydney show just recently to finally see the car for the first time. I asked about the inverter. The guy there said it hasn't been decided yet but it's a 400W or 1400W.
So I shot an email to Ineos to get clarification, and their response was,
"In regards to the inverter, we have actually removed that option for the moment so it will not be available to be spec'd and subsequently has been removed from the configurator. This is something that we hope to bring back in the future."

Well that's annoying!

Last edited:

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:52 AM
Reaction score
I'm struggling to remember ever seeing it in the configurator in the first place?

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
They told me at the test drive yesterday that it was available in the configurator but I didn’t remember it neither. Though the first instructor (when I was co-driver) some months ago told me something that it would come with the electrical package or the second battery. Do not remember exactly…
Nevertheless yesterday it was said that there would be a 220 V behind the first row in the middle and in the trunk

Last edited:

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:52 AM
Reaction score
They told me at the test drive yesterday that it was available in the configurator but I didn’t remember it neither. Though the first instructor (when I was co-driver) some months ago told me something that it would come with the electrical package or the second battery. Do not remember exactly…
Nevertheless yesterday it was said that there would be a 220 V behind the first row in the middle and in the trunk
Well that's really good news if it comes off.

Local time
12:52 AM
Reaction score
Fuel tank and I assume Adblue tank in the IG frame.
If that is adblue tank then there is plenty of room for extra tank in the petrol model
I think after market fuel tank suppliers should be easily able to reconfigure this and add an extra 40+ litre diesel tank in that space if not more.

This is one of my hopes as well. It seems another tank could go on the opposite side of the gas tank, plus the DEF tank location. Perhaps even a tank could be placed in the rear muffler area with a different inline muffler being used. I want range. Lots of range.....before i even start adding Jerry cans.

Back
Top Bottom