The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Tech Specs

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:03 PM
Reaction score
Fuel tank and I assume Adblue tank in the IG frame. 
If that is adblue tank then there is plenty of room for extra tank in the petrol model 
I think after market fuel tank suppliers should be easily able to reconfigure this and add an extra 40+ litre diesel tank in that space if not more. 

Attachments

• FT2.png
    FT2.png
    791.5 KB · Views: 94
  • Fuel tank.png
    Fuel tank.png
    492.2 KB · Views: 95

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for the above photo DaveB ! I'd never seen the vehicle in such detail previously... the front swivel hub assemblies are way bigger than I had anticipated while the transfer case casting is certainly more "exotic" than the one I once pulled from my ageing RRP38 to replace the viscous coupling?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I notice in the test drive  it is mentioned again that the option with the extra battery also includes the 230V inverter, 
Driver even says you can plug in your coffee machine.
He also says the extra wiring option is pre wired to front, centre and roof. 
Hopefully this means there are sockets at the front already for easy connection of lights. 
They would need to be wired to high beam circuit in Australia. 
https://youtu.be/yLzHvQ76_l0

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=PL1 userid=8628896 postid=1331811277]@Bushguide  Not to be argumentative but "the apparently freezing cold state of Tasmania" isn't so cold.  My daughter is at school in Melbourne, Vic. and she gets no sympathy (from me) when she tells me it was 5C, "and so cold!"  
The issue for us people living in COLD climates is you never warm up and the only time I thought seriously, I could die, was a night in Fort Mac, northern Alberta when I couldn't get my rental car to start.  At the other end of the temperature range, in the mid-East and central Australia you depend on heavy duty A/c.  That's why I think a cold weather package, or a hot weather package should be an option.

BTW  Melbourne is a great city to visit.  I've never taken the ferry to Tassie though.  Should I?[/QUOTE]
Be careful visiting Tasmania. 
I went down for two weeks holiday back in 1987 and didn't leave until 1992.
Got married, had two kids, built a house. 
Absolutely beautiful place and lovely people.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
3:03 PM
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=DaveB userid=8923052 postid=1332863388]I notice in the test drive  it is mentioned again that the option with the extra battery also includes the 230V inverter, 
Driver even says you can plug in your coffee machine.
[/quote]

I was really excited when I heared this. But I can't believe it before I have seen it.
In that case, the expensive second Battery option would in fact be a bargain.

We'll see.

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=emax userid=8900646 postid=1332979619]

I was really excited when I heared this. But I can't believe it before I have seen it.
In that case, the expensive second Battery option would in fact be a bargain.

We'll see.[/QUOTE]

I agree it would be.
One of many still unanswered questions - and for you all who have to commit to a specification in the next few days to keep your build slot - that must be of some concern.

Local time
2:03 PM
Reaction score
Have heard that the inverter is 2K so useful could plug most things into that.

Will try to get evidence 

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
A huge bargain if included.

Such an inverter is usually at least A$1,000 or more depending on specs and then to be installed.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=stickshifter userid=8617054 postid=1331863503]Paachi - thanks for measuring under the diff! Unfortunately, "bestextra" is right about some manufacturers using what most of us would regard as bogus ground clearance numbers. I like the Ram Power Wagon a whole lot, but it is listed as having 14 inches of ground clearance, when the rear differential is not even 8.5 inches off the ground. I think most people who drive off-road would argue that the ground clearance on the big Ram is therefore 8.3 inches - not 14.1 (or whatever number they list).

I was hoping to get to the Denver Prototype Tour, but the drive for me is over three hours (one way), and it doesn't look like work will let me spend 6-7 hours in the car this week. Disappointing. I was hoping to take some of those measurements myself. So thanks again for posting your results![/QUOTE]
I watched a TFL review on a Ford 150 lightning electric 4WD. It bellied out on a rock the size of a coke bottle  (1.5 Litre) on  a track you could easily drive any basic SUV up. They had to reverse down in shame. If it had 4 inches of ground clearance I would be surprised

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Davman userid=8961117 postid=1332979713]

I agree it would be.
One of many still unanswered questions - and for you all who have to commit to a specification in the next few days to keep your build slot - that must be of some concern.[/QUOTE] I have had a ticket in for over a week asking for clarification. I was on chat with Ineos but they couldn't answer it

Local time
9:03 AM
Reaction score
Hi, first post which I know should be elsewhere but......

If it helps this is what I received from the lovely Megan via INEOS support. I also asked for confirmation re the Inverter and this was also confirmed (see below initial response). I have also asked for confirmation on the size (Wattage) and whether it is a Pure Sine Wave Inverter.

Thank you very much for your patience at this time.Here is the information I have found on the AUX battery:
  • Both the standard battery and optional auxiliary battery are 12V 105Ah Moll Batteries
  • Auxiliary Charge Points only includes an additional 12V socket, USB-A and USB-C (USBs on the back of the centre console, 12V in rear load space) two rear of the centre console and one one in the back of the load bay.
  • The battery is stored under the right hand seat in the second row.
  • The battery is Leads acid battery  (incased) and the dimensions are 394 x175 x190.
  • Wiring to the roof and front and rear outlets plus switches are included with the Auxiliary battery. 
Inverter Query
You are welcome, that is no issue at all.  Yes, there is a 240 Volt inverter as standard.  Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further assistance. Thanks, Megan

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:03 AM
Reaction score
Glad to see USB C. Wish I could get a few more of those. Three would be ideal in any one location. One for laptop, one for iPad, one for phone. 

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=FlyingTexan userid=8915075 postid=1332982649]Glad to see USB C. Wish I could get a few more of those. Three would be ideal in any one location. One for laptop, one for iPad, one for phone. [/QUOTE] We are not allowed to even touch a mobile phone when we are driving so I will be having two mobile phone holders installed with charging capability, somewhere on the dash in reasonable line of site

Local time
Reaction score
As somebody who uses rear roof mounted worklights does anybody know whether there are any kind of integrated external mounting points for these on the IG roof (to avoid drilling) or would they have to be mounted to roof bars/roof rack?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Unfortunately unlike a Landrover  Defender of old the rear doors take up nearly all of the back of the vehicle.  
I also plan on mounting worklights on the side and the rear but need to avoid the opening doors. 
The gutters may be a good location point but as they curve around the vehicle it looks like fake solid dress trim. 
I am looking at mounting a bracket off the tie down bars on the side as that is where the power outlets are installed, so it should make for a quick and easy installation.
They will be in the air stream however so may be noisy and subject to tree/bush strike. 
Failing that inside the ladder 

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-07-08 034754.png
    Screenshot 2022-07-08 034754.png
    305.4 KB · Views: 51
  • Screenshot 2022-07-08 034827.png
    Screenshot 2022-07-08 034827.png
    343.9 KB · Views: 39
Local time
Reaction score
Right, thanks for that. Tie down bars are a good suggestion maybe with a quick release mount and plug so they can be easily removed if not needed?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
this is an interesting low profile gutter mount lightbar from Lazer on a Defender which looks like it would also work on the IG

Attachments

• laser.png
    laser.png
    780.3 KB · Views: 39

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
3:03 PM
Reaction score
I think there could be good solutions.

For example a spoiler-like rail at the read roof edge. If shaped reasonably this doesn't necessarily have to be loud.

Corner lights could help as well. Don't laugh at me, but this car shows the idea - but of course not shaped like in the 60ies.
This shall only visualize about which type of integration I am thinking.  ;-)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220707_204220.jpg
    Screenshot_20220707_204220.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 26
Back
Top Bottom