The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Tech Specs

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
5:25 AM
Reaction score
Read-somewhere-that the roof outlets would be in the tie-down rail recesses.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:25 PM
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Davman userid=8961117 postid=1332723335]So, can we share whats included with the wiring loom please.
To my knowledge it adds another 4 switches onto the overhead panel - in addition to the spare 4 that are already included.

It looks like this includes some wiring plugs to the external roof, and perhaps also a heavy duty circuit for a winch perhaps.

Do we know where these looms are powered from, or where they all terminate?

I wire up my cars myself with dual battery/Lithium/Solar Panels etc, but I am still curious whether to tick that box or not.[/QUOTE]

The latest brochure implies that one of the heavy duty circuits is for a 500+ amp circuit. I'd have thought that the existing (spare) switches could be employed to activate a remote high amerage solenoid which could accommodate heavy current loads.. such as needed for a winch...
As DaveB states above  .. " it is pretty damn vague"  indeed!?

Deepblue

#00274 - Swiss Vehicle (SD1-1/63)
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:25 PM
Reaction score
Agree it‘s pretty vague what option includes.
One aspect relevant for me:

in the video shared lately driver mention high effort to add this option later because wiring from panel all the way to front etc difficult on finished car. I can imagine how much effort in such cabling and will order option from factory.

Best
Deepblue

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
2:25 PM
Reaction score
The 500 amps switch almost certainly actuates a remote solenoid.

It would be a nonsense installation to run cables as thick as a thumb up the roof and back. And I have btw never seen a switch as "small" as the ones in roof panel which could really handle 500 amps. 500 amps at 12 volts, this is 6 KW !!   :-o

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Based on what we currently understand about this, I think this is one the options that Ineos have included that doesn't pass the pub test on price. I reckon it needs to be at least half the price.

However, I think it has also suffered in pricing so that the Trialmaster price could be bumped up to a more expensive overall vehicle.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
By the time you allow for the cost of the panel, switches, relays, fuses, outlets and wiring loom, plus the time to install I think their cost would be AUD $700 or slightly more. They need to make a profit for themselves  which would take it up to AUD$1,100 then they need to allow for their distributor/reseller margin which would take it up to AUD$1,250 cost. All car makers allow for fleet/government discounts so they have to also build these in. I think it could be done for AUD$1,500 retail at best.     

Attachments

• panel.png
    panel.png
    31.3 KB · Views: 76

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Having 4 pre-wired switches to use in the ceiling as standard  is awesome - well done INEOS.
So I wonder what the standard 4 switches are for then, if not for accessories such as light bars etc.

I run a Solar Panel on the roof of my Amarok Canopy to keep my lithium battery charged up.
The prewiring and waterproof connections onto the roof of the IG to run solar would be super cool. however $1800 is still a little expensive in my mind.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The standard panel has 4 switches with the first labeled Power and has a picture of a battery so that looks like it is dedicated to something but no idea or the current rating.
Then there are 3 10 A pre wired circuits with one labelled exterior and the other two interior. Once again no idea where the wiring looms go for these.
Further down there are two switches labelled exterior lights and I assume one is for the installed driving lights but the other just says AUX.

The Auxiliary switch panel below that has one 500A & 1 x 25A grouped together which I assume will be wired to the grill area so the 500A can be used for the winch and the 25A for additional driving lights. 

The other two 25A will probably be split among the 4 outlets on the roof as your light bar will need 25Amp circuit for sure. 

Of course this is just a guess 

Attachments

• Panel standard.png
    Panel standard.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 76
  • Interior roof.png
    Interior roof.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 82

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting description on the LED BAR that you can order, sort of what you would expect.
"Powered using the optional exterior roof sockets (High Load Auxiliary Switch Panel required)."

I wonder if the PWR button is simply to turn on/off all of the switch panel function- like a master switch.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
From what I can see the 4 outlets will sit one in each of the 4 tie down bays. 
I was hoping they would be individually switched 
My thoughts are to put 1 each of the 80's below on each side and rear and two of the 25W under the awning on the left side and rear. 
Probably put some lower output LED strips under the awning as well. 
There is plenty of space on the panels for extra switches or I could just add switches externally if I want to turn certain lights off.  

Attachments

• 25 Watt Utility.png
    25 Watt Utility.png
    730.4 KB · Views: 74
  • 80W Utility.png
    80W Utility.png
    624.4 KB · Views: 80

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So lets face it, its pretty much $1800 for having some power on the roof of the IG.

The existing switch panel is fine for everything else - you just may need to add some relays yourself depending on the applicaiton.
If you buy lights/bars for the front, they are going to come with these anyway.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes If you are happy to do all the wiring yourself it would be crazy to pay for it with the car.
it is a simple option for people who want to take the easy, attractive option and don't mind spending the money

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Under the current Australian tax regime (Luxury car tax plus Goods ans Services Tax plus State Govt stamp duty, the total drive away cost for the integrated winch and high power roof panel combined in just shy of A$10K ! I'd love to include these options, however, for those $$$ I'm sure there are other options...

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I was a bit disappointed to read everywhere that the mirrors are manually adjustable only.
Finally discovered that if you get the heated mirrors they are also power operated. 
I don't need the heating but definitely want the power operation.
Took a while but I found a picture of the operator

Attachments

• mirrors.png
    mirrors.png
    550 KB · Views: 80
  • window 2.png
    window 2.png
    175.8 KB · Views: 76

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:25 PM
Reaction score
Nice one DaveB. Yep me too, not bothered about the heating but very handy to be able to adjust the passenger mirror down etc to spot obstacles/curb etc. I have ticked that box on my order. Good photo find.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks DaveB

Very impressed by the level of interior finish (as shown in your photos) - it looks on par with base and mid-level SUV's from BMW, Audi etc and has exceeded my expectations. 

By comparison, the Toyota LC series 70 interior looks very ordinary

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=ECrider userid=8975784 postid=1332840447]Nice one DaveB. Yep me too, not bothered about the heating but very handy to be able to adjust the passenger mirror down etc to spot obstacles/curb etc. I have ticked that box on my order. Good photo find.[/QUOTE] I drop my passenger side mirror down when reversing into a parking space now so I don't get curb rash on my rims. I can't imagine manual mirrors. 

Back
Top Bottom