The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Tax invoices

gigglepot

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:12 AM
Reaction score
Picked up my Fieldmaster a few weeks ago. (I did change the name on the contract but the issues were not related to this).

Their invoicing is simply wrong albeit not materially.

1st issue - Request for payment was recevied at least 5-6 weeks before the car was even ready. I was not even considering paying to a random email until I saw photos of the car at the dealer with a rego plate on it.
Recommend you do not pay until your dealer confirmed it is ready (I also independly confirmed the bank account with the dealer directly before I paid INEOS

The actual amount for the vehicle (was different to the price on the contract). It was wrong by a fair bit and to this day no one can explain why.
Recommend you check the vehicle price on your invoice to you contract.

The GST calculation was wrong. Even using their wrong vehicle price the calculation was just wrong.

Their stamp during calculation was also wrong.

The Pre delivery, fuel charge and delivery fee were correct.

And just to put a cherry on the top off all of their error their actual maths in the invoice was wrong.

I was being asked to pay $647 less than I should have been. See the attached image.

Vehicle price less the deposit = balance payable (except in their case it was just wrong).

I did not pick any of this (too excited to actually be getting a date to pick up the vehicle).

I followed it up when I through I had short paid the invoice. Turns out that it was overpaid by about $30 when all of the errors were corrected.

Dealer was simply embarassed about it when I told them. Tried to get INEOS to respond. I asked them to call me (at least from a customer service point of view - they got donuts !!! and I certainly did not get anyone call me). It was also embarassing that the vehicle was sitting at the dealer for close to a month waiting for parts to fit (roof racks and chequer plate). They had no idea when the parts would arrive. Finally got a solution to allow rego, payment and pick up.

Dealer offered a doctored invoice calculated backwards from the amount paid but the contracted price was still wrong. 2023-11-23_23-25-26.png

Even thought I had not paid the balance at one stage I recevied the following email with a heading

"Your Grenadier is all paid for"

2023-11-23_23-37-24.png
Finally received the final invoice which the dealer mocked up (I kinda think that they were tired of sorting out all of the mistakes).

Overall nothing material. Dealer was great albit their hands are tied.

Grenadier local team was lacking with communcation. Even a 30 seconds photo call from head office with a few hugs and cuddles would have been enough.

I did receive a special Australia post delivery 2 days ago consisting of a Cap and Pen ? Postage cost $17. Pen and Cap probably cost $5. Hmmm ?? No word on the jacket etcs or post purchase items - survey / feedback process.

Nothing but silence an still is.

I heard the global CEO is coming out to AU very soon.

Loved driving the Fieldmaster. Pity it is off the road in the shop for about a week with a known problem,

Despite all their efforts to annoy me and contrary to the actual experience which should make me dislike the brand - I still have a strangely weird belief in the journey.

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:12 AM
Reaction score
Hmmm... painful, to say the least. The asking to pay when the car is 5-6 weeks away is a standard/automated thing it seems. More a, ahem, suggestion, than a demand. I'll wait to see the car (and PDI'd too) before paying.

Also I notice that the contract and the invoice amounts are different. The invoice is not broken down at all, so no visibility why. Your example is helpful, so thanks for posting. I'll discuss in person at the dealer when i'm eye-balling per above.

[edit: spurred by your example I had a deeper dig at my numbers. On top of the above (invoice different to contract), I also believe my contracted vehicle price is wrong, plus I have the same calculation error on my invoice (incorrect maths). Strange how none of these are in my favour...]

Last edited:

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:12 AM
Reaction score
Hmmm... painful, to say the least. The asking to pay when the car is 5-6 weeks away is a standard/automated thing it seems. More a, ahem, suggestion, than a demand. I'll wait to see the car (and PDI'd too) before paying.

Also I notice that the contract and the invoice amounts are different. The invoice is not broken down at all, so no visibility why. Your example is helpful, so thanks for posting. I'll discuss in person at the dealer when i'm eye-balling per above.

[edit: spurred by your example I had a deeper dig at my numbers. On top of the above (invoice different to contract), I also believe my contracted vehicle price is wrong, plus I have the same calculation error on my invoice (incorrect maths). Strange how none of these are in my favour...]
Sourcing a correct tax invoice also delayed my pickup, the second last attempt had a basic addition error. If paying on finance make sure your invoice is 100% correct prior to scheduled pickup as the finance companies will not accept any errors on the invoice.

Back
Top Bottom