The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Tax invoices

Ineos4

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:17 AM
Reaction score
Hi is anyone else having problems with ineos providing a valid tax invoice, providing a breakdown of what they are charging, what is exempt, the on costs etc and then there being differences between what you signed for and what you are now being asked to pay?
Or is it just me?
Surely, they would have this detail for financing and insurance purposes?

Pipm4000

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:17 PM
Reaction score
Not had an invoice - 2 weeks since collection. Also nothing on the missing accessories or the jacket

MACS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:17 PM
Reaction score
Yes,
but why did you post in the S.O.S. thread?

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi is anyone else having problems with ineos providing a valid tax invoice, providing a breakdown of what they are charging, what is exempt, the on costs etc and then there being differences between what you signed for and what you are now being asked to pay?
Or is it just me?
The sos thread is for real life emergencies only!

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Or is it just me?
Yes, all of the above, incorrect contract pricing, OTR costs that they cannot explain and VAT that does not add up.

Paid in full to receive vehicle and so looking for a fully itemised invoice to understand where the costs actually are.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Isn't it a whole world issue?

MACS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The invoice we received after handover was a complete mess.
And ended „Please pay the remaining amount to account…“
We did open a ticket with IG a week ago. Pending.
But in our IG account the car I drive is under status „on transport“. So WTF

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:17 AM
Reaction score
I didn't know how to create a thread and it kinda brought to that section. I didn't intend for it to start there!
I would be interested in knowing how Ineos are dealing with direct deposit / fund transfer requests - in regards to the security of the banking details we are supposed to send our money to. Obviously I want to send my money to Ineos, not Vlad.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I would be interested in knowing how Ineos are dealing with direct deposit / fund transfer requests - in regards to the security of the banking details we are supposed to send our money to. Obviously I want to send my money to Ineos, not Vlad.
My understanding is that in Australia at least, we will be asked to pay a bank transfer directly to Ineos Australia.
Further, payment has to be received 2 days before handover! No paying a couple of months ahead and still waiting!
From the contract, I note that for the Western Australia buyers, there's an additional section where the contract states Ineos is bound by contract to deliver their vehicles within 3 months of the date of contract coming into effect... which is when their representative signs it. Which possibly explains the pics we saw earlier of the offloading at Fremantle!
Contract extract
" Direct Payment:
We will send a request for your remaining final balance payment via bank transfer once your Grenadier has arrived in Australia. Payment needs to be cleared in full no later than 2 working days prior to collection. " (my underlining)
(which allows sufficient time to get everything sorted with the agent/dealer prior to transferring the funds)
" Finance Deposit Payment:
We will send a request for your remaining finance deposit payment via bank transfer once your Grenadier has arrived in Australia. Payment needs to be cleared in full no later than 2 working days prior to collection."

Last edited:

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My understanding is that in Australia at least, we will be asked to pay a bank transfer directly to Ineos Australia.
Further, payment has to be received 2 days before handover! No paying a couple of months ahead and still waiting!

Direct Payment:
We will send a request for your remaining final balance payment via bank transfer once your Grenadier has arrived in Australia. Payment needs to be cleared in full no later than 2 working days prior to collection.
Finance Deposit Payment:
We will send a request for your remaining finance deposit payment via bank transfer once your Grenadier has arrived in Australia. Payment needs to be cleared in full no later than 2 working days prior to collection
Thanks Denis. The question was more to do with how we know the banking details we have been given by Ineos are correct - and not hacked in between the transmission of these details to us - by some Russian friend of Vlad.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks Denis. The question was more to do with how we know the banking details we have been given by Ineos are correct - and not hacked in between the transmission of these details to us - by some Russian friend of Vlad.
I plan to contact Ineos Australia just before I send the funds. When we bought a new Subaru a couple of years ago, the local dealership made it "very" clear that we should contact them directly just prior to funds transfer to confirm the banking details... which I thought was very prudent of them!

Captain Benno

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Or is it just me?
Yes, I received a Request for Payment a few days ago. I phoned Ineos and my dealer to say that in Australia we need a Tax Invoice. I find it pretty incredible this was not sorted As it is a legal requirement in Aus. I also asked if they could tell me where the vehicle is as it has been in transit for 2 months. No one can track it which seems incredible that if I bought a box of pens from Amazon UK I could track it the entire way!

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, I received a Request for Payment a few days ago. I phoned Ineos and my dealer to say that in Australia we need a Tax Invoice. I find it pretty incredible this was not sorted As it is a legal requirement in Aus. I also asked if they could tell me where the vehicle is as it has been in transit for 2 months. No one can track it which seems incredible that if I bought a box of pens from Amazon UK I could track it the entire way!
Welcome to the forum Capt Benno!
As above #13 The contract you signed states they won't ask for payment until the vehicle has arrived in Australia, no hurry...check your contract. So if they're abiding by their own contract, your vehicle is "somewhere" in Australia.

Did you contact Ineos Australia or go through the Aus. number portal to UK customer service? Ineos Australia logistics know exactly where every vehicle is /estimated ETA. Wait for it to arrive at the dealer.

The Aus. contract states you're not obliged to stump up the hard earned until 2 days prior to handover...It will take a while for the PDI... plenty of time(y)

PS: It appears that some people are playing silly buggers in the Aus. organisation at this end also re. "when and where"...damned if I know why.

PPS: read your contract again also re. where it states the timeline regarding when you are liable for "risk" for the vehicle ...i.e. obtaining a confirmed certificate of insurance...

Last edited:

Captain Benno

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Capt Benno!
As above #13 The contract you signed states they won't ask for payment until the vehicle has arrived in Australia, no hurry...check your contract. So if they're abiding by their own contract, your vehicle is "somewhere" in Australia.

Did you contact Ineos Australia or go through the Aus. number portal to UK customer service? Ineos Australia logistics know exactly where every vehicle is /estimated ETA. Wait for it to arrive at the dealer.

The Aus. contract states you're not obliged to stump up the hard earned until 2 days prior to handover...It will take a while for the PDI... plenty of time(y)

PS: It appears that some people are playing silly buggers in the Aus. organisation at this end also re. "when and where"...damned if I know why.

PPS: read your contract again also re. where it states the timeline regarding when you are liable for "risk" for the vehicle ...i.e. obtaining a confirmed certificate of insurance...
Thank you DenisM for the very comprehensive reply. I did go through the UK portal cause I have no idea how to get an Australia number for enquires. They hide it well!
I certainly hope my car is in Aus, the wait is killing me now!

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you DenisM for the very comprehensive reply. I did go through the UK portal cause I have no idea how to get an Australia number for enquires. They hide it well!
I certainly hope my car is in Aus, the wait is killing me now!
Ineos Australia Customer Service number is 03 8523 1337.
After 6pm AEST this will divert through to the UK-based global customer service team.

I believe the latter MAY be able to answer your questions if your agent is unable.

Captain Benno

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Ineos Australia Customer Service number is 03 8523 1337.
After 6pm AEST this will divert through to the UK-based global customer service team.

I believe the latter MAY be able to answer your questions if your agent is unable.
Thank you for that number. I will be dialling it first thing Monday!

Back
Top Bottom