INFORMATION WE COLLECT We collect information to better provide the Services to our users - from tailoring your experience with the Application and Websites such as showing you content we think you might be interested in, making recommendations of Sites to follow, to advertising, measuring advertising performance, and related research. We may collect and combine information when you interact with the Service, including: Information you give us. We collect the information that you voluntarily give us. For example, when you register for a Tapatalk ID, we ask for your email address, user name, birthdate and password, and may request other registration information required by a Site to register as a member.
- Information from your use of the Service. We collect information about how you use a Website and Application like which Sites or Users you follow, and the content you view. This information includes:
- Device information: such as your IP address and an anonymous device identifier. In addition, the Application collects certain information automatically, such as content viewed, and information that allows us to periodically determine mobile device and usage information, which may include (i) information about the way you use the Application, (ii) information specific to your mobile device (such as make, model, operating system and version, Internet browser, device IP address, cookies, anonymous device and/or advertising identifier and similar information), (iii) information about your use of features, functions, or notifications on the device, and (iv) signal strength relating to WiFi or Bluetooth functionality, temperature, battery level, and similar technical data. We may collect the foregoing information even if you are not logged in to the Application;
- Browser information: such as information automatically provided by browsers like user agent and IP addresses accessing a Website; and
- Location information: for users outside the European Economic Area, such as information that allows us to periodically determine your actual location. We may collect the foregoing information even if you are not logged in to the Application. For iOS users, you should be able to adjust the settings on your iOS device to prevent collection of location information by disabling the location services feature on your device. For Android users, you should be able to adjust your settings on your Android device to prevent collection of location information by disabling Bluetooth and location service features on your device.
- Information from others: If you use Facebook or Google + to log in to the Application or a Website, we collect your email address and profile picture. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share (or not share) certain information with us to create a Tapatalk ID. Services like Facebook give you the option to post information about your activities using the Service to your Facebook profile page to share with others within your Facebook network.
- Web beacon; tags; pixels: are blocks of code that can read and place cookies, recognize certain types of information on your device, such as which websites or apps you use, and your browsing behavior, as well as provide Service analytics; and
SHARING THE INFORMATION COLLECTED We share the information collected as follows:
- Mobile device identifiers: are standard device identifiers, for example the “IDFA” advertising identifier used on Apple’s iOS devices and the “Google Advertising ID” advertising identifier used on Android devices, to analyze your use of mobile applications.
- Advertisers: We share information collected with advertisers and other third parties, including business partners such as advertising businesses who are obligated to comply with applicable laws concerning usage of the information, as well as our corporate affiliates, in connection with the Service (such third parties and affiliates collectively, “Affiliates”). In addition, our Affiliates may share this information with their own third-party business partners who may use the information either for themselves or on behalf of the applicable Affiliate, each only for the purposes set forth in the section above headed “How We Use Information Collected”;
- Service providers: We share information collected with our service providers to facilitate some aspects of the Service or perform functions on our behalf. These service providers may use information about you solely for the purpose of providing these services to us or on our behalf;
- Sites you choose to follow: We share your name, username, and email with the Site(s) you choose to follow so that you become a member of that Site;
- Legal and other purposes: We may share information collected with law enforcement, regulatory authorities, courts with competent jurisdiction, emergency services, or other necessary third parties for legal, protection, security, and safety purposes;
INFORMATION OUR VENDORS AND OTHER THIRD PARTIES COLLECT
- Business transfers: We may share information collected in connection with the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets to a third party buyer.
- Analytics Service Providers
- We may allow certain third party analytics service providers to collect the anonymous data received from cookies, web beacons, tags, pixels, and devices on our behalf, and to retain and use this data themselves. In addition, we may allow these service providers to include web beacons within the pages of the Websites and anonymous identifiers on the Application. We may also share portions of our log file data, including IP addresses, with these service providers for analytics purposes. These service providers aggregate information about what you see and interact with on the Websites and on the Application.
- Advertisements; Ad Networks; Other Third Parties
- We may allow certain third party companies to serve advertisements to you and collect anonymous information regarding your use of the Service. Typically, these companies are third party ad servers, ad agencies, technology vendors, providers of sponsored content, and research firms, and they may include cookies and web beacons within the Websites, or other tracking methodologies such as anonymous device identifiers on the Websites, directly in emails/communications, and/or within the Application to collect anonymous information in order to provide customized content and/or ads of interest, auditing, research and reporting for us, our partners, and advertisers when you visit certain pages of the Websites or Application, and other websites or applications. For example, because your web browser requests these advertisements and/or web beacons from the third-party’s web servers, these companies can view, edit or set their own cookies, just as if you had requested a webpage from their website directly. When you view or interact with an advertisement, the possibility exists that these companies will make the assumption that you are interested in the subject matter of the advertisements.
- In addition, we or our data partner(s) may collect and store a unique identifier matched to your mobile device, in order to deliver customized ads or content while you use the Service or other websites or applications, or to seek to identify you in a unique manner across other devices or browsers. In order to customize these ads or content, we or our data partner(s) may connect de-identified demographic or other data about you (received from third parties) either to data you voluntarily submitted to us (such as your email address), or to data automatically collected from you (such as your device identifier or IP address). However, we will only share your email address with our data partners in hashed, non-human readable form.
- When you use our website, we share information that we may collect from you, such as your email (in hashed, de-identified form), IP address or information about your browser or operating system, with our partner, LiveRamp Inc and its group companies (‘LiveRamp’). LiveRamp may drop a cookie on your browser or directly in our emails and match your shared information to their on- and offline marketing databases and those of its advertising partners to create a link between your browser and information in those other databases. Similarly, when you use our mobile apps, we may also share hashed and de-identified email addresses, mobile device ID, location data, and advertising identifiers with LiveRamp, which uses that information to create a link between your mobile device and its databases. This link may be shared by our partners globally for the purpose of enabling interest-based content or advertising throughout your online experience (e.g. cross device, web, email and in app etc.) by third parties unaffiliated with our website. These third parties may in turn link further demographic or interest-based information to your browser. You have the right to exercise your rights under GDPR including opting out of LiveRamp’s Cookie or Mobile Identifiers and can easily do so by clicking on this link: https://your-rights.liveramp.uk/home
- request access and obtain a copy of the information we collect about you;
- request rectification or erasure of such information;
- restrict the processing of such information;
In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of such information. Exercising EEA Rights. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Tapatalk, Inc., Attn: Data Protection Officer, 408 Broadway, #158, Santa Monica, CA 90401. Please note that because most of the information we collect and maintain about you can only identify a particular browser or device, and cannot identify you individually, you may need to provide us with additional information to enable us to identify the information we have about you and ensure that we accurately fulfill your request. We will consider and respond to your request promptly, and otherwise in accordance with applicable laws. Although we will use good faith efforts to respond to your request, we may not be able to provide and/or correct the requested information in all situations. For example, we may not be able to provide the information requested if it imposes an undue burden or expense, requires us to release confidential commercial information, or requires the disclosure of information relating to another person. Onward transfer. As discussed above, we may share information with Affiliates, as well as third parties in connection with the Service. Under the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Principles, we are responsible for the processing of personal data we receive from the EEA, and subsequent onward transfers to a third party acting as an agent on our behalf. We comply with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Principles for such onward transfers. If the third party agents we engage to process such information on our behalf act in a manner contrary to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Principles, we are liable for those actions, unless we prove that we are not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage. EEA inquiries and complaints. In compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Principles, we are committed to resolve complaints about our collection or use of personal information. EEA residents with inquiries or complaints regarding our collection or use of personal information should first contact us at email@example.com or Tapatalk, Inc., Attn: Data Protection Officer, 406 Broadway, #158, Santa Monica, CA 90401. We will respond to you within 45 days of receipt of your inquiry or complaint. We have further committed to refer unresolved privacy or data use complaints under the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield to the panel established by the EU Data Protection Authorities (“DPAs”). If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact your relevant local Data Protection Authority for more information and to file a complaint by using the information located at: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm. The services of the panel established by the DPAs are provided to you at no cost (free of charge). We have committed to cooperate and comply with the advice given by the panel established by the DPAs with regard to unresolved complaints. If neither we nor the panel established by the DPAs resolves your Privacy Shield complaint, you may have the possibility to engage in binding arbitration through the Privacy Shield Panel, as described on the Privacy Shield website located at https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=ANNEX-I-introduction. CLOSING YOUR ACCOUNT; DELETING INFORMATION Our goal is delete the Tapatalk account you requested within 30 days of receiving your written request. For the Website, we will delete you email, IP address, username and your profile information. We will also delete your posting and images tied to your username. Because we do not control all other Sites, please contact the Site owner to delete your account information. If you remove the Application or close your Tapatalk account, we will use reasonable efforts to ensure that information about you is no longer accessible or used by the Service. However, as permitted by applicable law, we retain and may use information about you as necessary to comply with our legal and/or financial obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, and other legitimate purposes (including, for document retention and security purposes). Please contact us using the details in the “Contact Information” section below to close your Tapatalk account or request changes or modification of the information you previously provided to us. SECURITY Tapatalk uses industry-standard physical, electronic, and procedural measures designed to safeguard the information in our possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification. However, please note no transmission of information via the Internet or electronic storage solution can be guaranteed to be completely secure, although we take reasonable precautions to protect against security incidents. RETENTION OF INFORMATION We do not store information longer than we need it. The cookies we set expire no later than 30 days after they were last accessed. We typically store the information collected, such as IP address and other information described above until the next login. When we no longer need the information collected, it is deleted from either the cookies or our servers (as applicable). In some cases, we may keep some information for longer periods of time where required under certain laws or to comply with law enforcement or regulatory requests, which for example may include, those relating to corporate governance, taxation, money laundering and financial reporting legislation.
- if applicable, data portability.
Same here...DaveB said:You know you are getting old when you have no idea what this is all about!!
I am only 59 so not old yet.emax said:I am old.
DaveB said:I am only 59 so not old yet.
30 years ago I thought 59 was old
40 years ago I thought 59 was ancient
50 years ago I thought it was the age of the deceased at the funeral
Now I am buying a car that I hope will last me for the next 15-20 years