The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Taking the Front Wheels Off

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
8:50 PM
Reaction score
As for the radiator: I don't think it's an oil cooler. I don't recall ever seeing an oil cooler connected only with rubber- or reinforced rubber hoses. From what I remember, they are usually steel flex hoses or made entirely of aluminum. An oil cooler involves high temperatures that can exceed 140°C. These are not ideal conditions for rubber hoses, even if they are fiber-reinforced. And they are never fastened with clamps, but have steel fittings.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:50 PM
Reaction score
As for the radiator: I don't think it's an oil cooler.
No ~ that was my mistake, looking and not seeing, or rather seeing what I wanted to see there, not what actually was.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
No problem at all. I took me a moment as well to think about it.

Only those who do nothing make no mistakes. :)

Oskar

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
i'm looking at all the cabling and tubing to the brakecaliper s.. they connect from the frontside of the wheel... why ? bushes could pull these away and damage these easier than if they were positioned on the backside of the brakecaliper ? or i'm looking perhaps too far, if the long testing of the grenadier didn't point a problem out, it is probably fine.... I checked on my old 300tdi defender - no ABS version - and all brakelines are to the back of the car on the calipers... . So driving over bushes and branches , will hit first the brakecaliper, but not directly impact on the brakelines.
Also on the underside of the Grenadier, there seems to be some cabling is a bit more exposed than i anticipated ...
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVgK_Tba508
8:45 .. i checked underneath my ow car, and fixed some of it with tiewraps... also found some other cabling that easily could have mounted higher up in the ladder chassis for extra protection. all the cabling is already higher that the ground clearance , but bushes and vegetation could spring up when driving over it and perhaps rip off cabling ?.. Some aftermarket extra protection could be usefull for this scenario.
I compared the cabling in the vide as shown at 8:45 with my cabling and it seems they have fixed some of them in the meantime.

My question is what would be the procedure if something rips off?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I compared the cabling in the vide as shown at 8:45 with my cabling and it seems they have fixed some of them in the meantime.
To illustrate:
Screenshot_20230705_131220.jpg
WP_20230512_024.jpg

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
nobody likes a dangleberry

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:50 PM
Reaction score
This is how it looks under my belly. I think this is the same spot.
@DCPU What are your thoughts on this comparative photo? Do you feel Ineos is learning and evolving production or is some vehicle-specific feature (and associated wiring) missing?

Oskar

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
@DCPU What are your thoughts on this comparative photo? Do you feel Ineos is learning and evolving production or is some vehicle-specific feature (and associated wiring) missing?
I think Ineos is learning. Nothing is missing. Probably they improve on details in the production process.

I have the petrol version. Maybe the hanging wire is from the Diesel system?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Well mine's a diesel, so there may well be differences. These cables are for sensors in the middle part of the exhaust and may be exclusive to the diesel.

Hopefully, Ineos is learning and evolving production; but I know from any industry that employs a change control process, it can be slow and appear bureaucratic at times, especially if you're the person on the production line installing something that looks wrong but is to the current standard.

Oskar

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Well mine's a diesel, so there may well be differences. These cables are for sensors in the middle part of the exhaust and may be exclusive to the diesel.

Hopefully, Ineos is learning and evolving production; but I know from any industry that employs a change control process, it can be slow and appear bureaucratic at times, especially if you're the person on the production line installing something that looks wrong but is to the current standard.
This is interesting. The hanging cable might be solely related to the Diesel model. I did check yesterday again for more hanging cable. All locked fine. Of course there are some place where there is some potential for optimization.

Related to the learning part. I think especially at man early stage learning must be faster. Am am curious to see the variations. My VIN is a 29xx.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
so there's no further adjustment available there:
Hi. Just away for a while so cannot test. It would be nice to have a better turning circle, especially tight left hand turns at a T junction. Am I right in thinking there's no more room for improvement even though the exposed thread would give that impression. I.e something else would start hitting if you wound them down a bit?

Tks

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
No, I think what I wrote might be poorly worded or ambiguous.

The no adjustment comment was in relation to the photo looking like (at least to me) there was a little more rotation of the steering wheel before the stop was hit.

I don't know if they can be wound in further, where the touch points would be (through the range of movement from full compression to full extension) or indeed whether the issue would be internal to the axle ends.

Last edited:

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No, I think what I wrote might be poorly worded or ambiguous.

The no adjustment comment was in relation to the photo looking like (at least to me) there was a little more rotation of the steering wheel before the stop was hit.

I don't know if they can be wound in further, where the touch points would be (through the range of movement from full compression to full extension) or indeed whether the issue would be internal to the axle ends.
Tks. I'll take a look next wend when back and report back if any improvement.

Back
Top Bottom