The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Successful wheel swap/TPMMS issues

sydmachine

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:03 AM
Reaction score
Way to go INEOS forum! Barely 24 hours after posting yesterday, another Enos forum member and myself have made
A successful swap of alloy wheels for steel wheels. All was well for the first 10 miles and then we both got a TPMS error message “Tyre pressure sensor lost” and a yellow warning symbol.

So the question is, will this self correct? Do we need to remove sensors and overnight them to one another? Can any tire/wheel shop program them for us? Is there a method to reprogram them ourselves? Does this require a visit to our non-local Ineos dealer?

Attachments

• IMG_1803.jpeg
    IMG_1803.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1800.jpeg
    IMG_1800.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 12

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:03 AM
Reaction score
I hate TPMS as much as I love it…I would suspect that any tire dealer can reset them.

Darby

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:03 PM
Reaction score
Also interested on how these can be reset, as I have new rims on my car with the same sensors brought over and the wheels have been rotated and show the wrong corners.

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
11:03 PM
Reaction score
On my MBZ Sprinter, I installed a set of new TPMS valves on the new alloy wheels I put on, and the vehicle simply recognized them after a few miles and let me set the desirable pressure as the base value. So simple. Why wouldn't the IG be that way?

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:03 PM
Reaction score
I bet it's tied to the wheel sensor for locking diff. That could be why it's not so easy.
An indirect TPMS makes use of the wheel speed sensors used by a car's antilock brake system.

Martin A

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:03 AM
Reaction score
Swapped wheels 500miles ago and still not resolved, dealership are trying how to resolve. They have implied they are location specific which is a bit mad if you want to rotate round to even out wear with the spare. With modern technology it should detect the sensor and the location.

Not sure why it has all this complexity, not keeping to the simplicity of the design brief easy to fix. It will end up like concord in the hanger, compared to the spitfire or S1.

If any one finds out how to recode please enter in the chat. Thanks M

DezRoamer

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:03 AM
Reaction score
I want to interject into the thread.
With less than 200 miles on the odometer, I replaced the BFG KO2's on my Grenadier.
I didn't exchange wheels, and the tire store manager made sure that every wheel was reinstalled in the same location after tire replacement.
Air pressures were check, and at our altitude we add a couple additional PSI to compensate.
I left the tire shop and within a couple minutes the Amber warning light came on.
It indicated rear right tire was below proper PSI (I think it indicated 41psi)
I went back to the dealer, we triple checked and all pressures were at spec.
It isn't until I went into the TPMS display and reset the system to deactivate the warning.
I agree with Martin A, after all these years of TPMS systems on millions of cars why is this so difficult for manufactures to get it sorted?

Just another niggling Gremlin of the Ineos.

and1939

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Way to go INEOS forum! Barely 24 hours after posting yesterday, another Enos forum member and myself have made
A successful swap of alloy wheels for steel wheels. All was well for the first 10 miles and then we both got a TPMS error message “Tyre pressure sensor lost” and a yellow warning symbol.

So the question is, will this self correct? Do we need to remove sensors and overnight them to one another? Can any tire/wheel shop program them for us? Is there a method to reprogram them ourselves? Does this require a visit to our non-local Ineos dealer?
Mine just stopped working on their own. No wheel swap or anything.

It was cold out so not sure if that had anything to do with the batteries in the sensors getting weak.

Reactions: PBD

and1939

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I want to interject into the thread.
With less than 200 miles on the odometer, I replaced the BFG KO2's on my Grenadier.
I didn't exchange wheels, and the tire store manager made sure that every wheel was reinstalled in the same location after tire replacement.
Air pressures were check, and at our altitude we add a couple additional PSI to compensate.
I left the tire shop and within a couple minutes the Amber warning light came on.
It indicated rear right tire was below proper PSI (I think it indicated 41psi)
I went back to the dealer, we triple checked and all pressures were at spec.
It isn't until I went into the TPMS display and reset the system to deactivate the warning.
I agree with Martin A, after all these years of TPMS systems on millions of cars why is this so difficult for manufactures to get it sorted?

Just another niggling Gremlin of the Ineos.
Dealer is telling me Oh yea this is a known issue and we are waiting on a software fix for it.

Reactions: PBD

BakerField

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:03 AM
Reaction score

Same issue for me just - 4500 miles in and just happened. Assume a software update needed? Anyone been able to manually reset and it work?

Back
Top Bottom