The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Station Wagon - cargo barrier ?

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:00 AM
Reaction score
I have the half height cargo barrier in my 5 seat station wagon. Only issue i can see is if you want to move it forward with the back seats down there is no adapter for the barrier to be moved to the front position
Yep... that was a disappointment to me.
The full height cargo barrier available in the "commercial" variant is shaped to take account of the slope of the front seats and appears to attach low on the B pillar.
I haven't seen a pic. as yet of a forward-positioned half height barrier in the commercial/utility model. Am wondering if it's feasible.

KDJDGrenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yep... that was a disappointment to me.
The full height cargo barrier available in the "commercial" variant is shaped to take account of the slope of the front seats and appears to attach low on the B pillar.
I haven't seen a pic. as yet of a forward-positioned half height barrier in the commercial/utility model. Am wondering if it's feasible.
DenisM, my plan is to make some extension bars. It's a project for down the road as when loaded with the seats down I want a barrier to protect me.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
DenisM, my plan is to make some extension bars. It's a project for down the road as when loaded with the seats down I want a barrier to protect me.
20180319_162654.jpg
FWIW: Some thoughts re. design of extension bars etc.

This was the cargo barrier seup in my previous 2015 diesel Hyundai Santa Fe (with the extension bars velcroed to the barrier when not in use). The b5arrier design has been crash tested to ADR standards (I think it may be manufactured and supplied by the Sth Australian firm Milford?) is much heavier gauge and about x2 the weight of the Grenadier offering in my Trialmaster.
Of particular interest are the straps holding it in place: the ones on the floor as well as those at roof level have a "ripple" section for controlled stretching when the barrier comes under excessive load, in either the rear or forward positions.

Scotsitalian

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:00 PM
Reaction score
Fieldmaster does not come with half height barrier so ordered one from dealer.
No install instructions except QR code which takes you to IA accessory catalogue which is about as useful as chocolate fireguard. However, offer it up and hang it from annoying spring fixings in roof and lower metal brackets are intuitive to fix. Happy with it but suspect since “made in china“ it won’t be long before there are copies to buy online

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No install instructions except QR code which takes you to IA accessory catalogue which is about as useful as chocolate fireguard. However, offer it up and hang it from annoying spring fixings in roof and lower metal brackets are intuitive to fix. Happy with it but suspect since “made in china“ it won’t be long before there are copies to buy online
If you haven't as yet installed it, check out Post #17 of this thread
As an update cut 3mm from the springs and reinsert as described...makes the job far easier!

Last edited:

Andrew Kilby

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I assume the trialmaster half height cargo Barrier is the same. Can you move yours to the forward most position, behind the front seats. Mine is to wide and v won't fit.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:00 AM
Reaction score
I have a half barrier from my 2020 defender that I would like to use on the IG when it arrives. Can someone please share the distance between the roof top slots. I want to compare it with mine to see if it will work.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:00 AM
Reaction score
I have a half barrier from my 2020 defender that I would like to use on the IG when it arrives. Can someone please share the distance between the roof top slots. I want to compare it with mine to see if it will work.
Hey @ADVAW8S if you mean the distance between the slots of the INEOS barrier at the top: 126.5 cm.

Local time
2:00 AM
Reaction score
I opted for the cargo net.
Hi DaveB,

I’m trying to decide between the net or metal half height barrier.

Are the child seat tie down points part of how the net is secured in place? Reason I ask is my seat covers cover them which may rule it out.

M

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi DaveB,

I’m trying to decide between the net or metal half height barrier.

Are the child seat tie down points part of how the net is secured in place? Reason I ask is my seat covers cover them which may rule it out.

M
On the back of the seats yes but you could still use them for child seats
I will take some pictures tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom