The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Station Wagon - cargo barrier ?

simonpa

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:55 AM
Reaction score
With so much current confusion regarding changes and availability of certain items.......colours / flooring etc.
can anyone - perhaps Steve @ Halliwell Jones confirm or deny that a half height cargo barrier is a standard
fitment in the 5 seat Station Wagon.

Ineos website configurator says it is but not listed in the vehicle specification !

Thank you

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
10:55 AM
Reaction score
This is a picture from my rendered video of my second order which I placed August 9th. A 5 seat utility.
As far as I remember, I didn't tick the barrier, it was apparently added automatically - maybe because it's a ute. I don't know. But it apparently exists.

Screenshot_20221024_205240.png

Last edited:

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:55 AM
Reaction score
With so much current confusion regarding changes and availability of certain items.......colours / flooring etc.
can anyone - perhaps Steve @ Halliwell Jones confirm or deny that a half height cargo barrier is a standard

Ineos website configurator says it is but not listed in the vehicle specification !

Thank you

That is my understanding and what my agent (Jardine's) confirmed last week - that the 5 seater SW comes with half cargo barrier as standard

simonpa

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That is my understanding and what my agent (Jardine's) confirmed last week - that the 5 seater SW comes with half cargo barrier as standard
Thank you - perhaps I am becoming or have become paranoid over recent / last minute changes etc
This is a picture from my rendered video of my second order which I placed August 9th. A 5 seat utility.
As far as I remember, I didn't tick the barrier, it was apparently added automatically - maybe because it's a ute. I don't know. But it apparently exists.

View attachment 7795131

View attachment 7795131

simonpa

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you .... that's exactly what I'd hoped it would be to help keep my dogs safe.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:55 PM
Reaction score
It's all a bit confusing. You can't order the "Station Wagon" variant in Australia. But you can order the non Belstaff edition 5 seater station wagon! Which does not come std with the barrier.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
From Monday to yesterday, Ineos actually changed the half-height cargo barrier to the full-height one in my order summary. So it wasn't a mistake in the system after all. I contacted customer service, but received no reply.
Since I don't want to risk a delay in delivery, I have accepted this and am converting to my requirements by myself. At least my expected delivery date remains January 23.

YIPPE

GG #00286
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
When I first ordered, I had the half height barrier and that was all. Later I did another configuration and I had noted to have the half height barrier you were required to also have the load divider cage too (you couldn't tick the box for half height without it auto ticking the divider).
Today I configured, and all was available was the full height barrier. However my current (original) order still has the half height barrier, and that is it.... So we will see what I end up with haha

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am sure it will be the full-height one wirhout devider. That's what the contract says.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I wonder if the SW needs a full cargo barrier to comply with commercial classification standards, and Ineos now aware of this obligation in certain jurisdictions but weren't originally?

Just hypothesising.

Like Rovie I want and have ordered the half height barrier and will alter/change it if the full one comes.

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
When I first ordered, I had the half height barrier and that was all. Later I did another configuration and I had noted to have the half height barrier you were required to also have the load divider cage too (you couldn't tick the box for half height without it auto ticking the divider).
Today I configured, and all was available was the full height barrier. However my current (original) order still has the half height barrier, and that is it.... So we will see what I end up with haha
If you configure a Fieldmaster and add the cargo barrier in the utility | interior cargo section, then click on the info icon, the larger image shows a half height cargo barrier. I notice they just say "cargo barrier" (omitting full/half height). And, as you say, you no longer have to select the accompanying divider.

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
Reaction score

Thank you
Sorry, only just seen this. Cargo barrier is standard in the commercial yes.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Will the barrier fit in the station wagon? Or will the more angled seat back prevent that?

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It fits just has different fixing points. I'll dig some photos out...

N1 fixing:
View attachment 7797111

M1 fixing:
View attachment 7797112
Just updating DCPU's post re. the fixing arrangements in the M1 version.
I tried to remove mine recently and frankly it was very difficult. There is a large washer and a smaller washer separated sufficiently to slot in a keyhole. see illustration #1. You pull the bolts against the spring pressure just enough to relieve pressure on the washers and then try and remove the barrier. There is very little tolerance to remove the barrier without it catching either side.. then the spring loaded fixing can get wedged deep in the "keyhole" requiring the keyhole to be dismantled to remove the internal stiffener.
After finally removing the barrier I channelled Jean Mercier :cool: ;) and "dismounted/dismantled" the spring loaded screw mechanism and reassembled it with the spring on the other side of the bracket so that it now needs to be compressed/pushed to insert into the keyhole. (Illustration #2)20231003_171107.jpg20231003_171039.jpg
It is now straightforward: offer the barrier up to the keyhole, compress the bolts simultaneously outwards with your thumbs (rather than trying to compress the spring in the opposite direction! for which you need 4 hands!: two to hold the barrier and one each side to pull the bolts back against the spring pressure to clear the keyhole) and insert the bolts, release the pressure. The bolts are now locked in position.
To remove the barrier, simultaneously press the bolts sufficiently to free the barrier, align with the top of the keyhole on each side and release the pressure. They pop out automatically!!

(I shouldn't speculate.. but I reckon the spring locking mechanism has been wrongly assembled in production. If there's a valid engineering reason why this "re-jigged" arrangement is wrong, I'd gladly be corrected.)

Last edited:

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just updating DCPU's post re. the fixing arrangements in the M1 version.
I tried to remove mine recently and frankly it was very difficult. There is a large washer and a smaller washer separated sufficiently to slot in a keyhole. see illustration #1. You pull the bolts against the spring pressure just enough to relieve pressure on the washers and then try and remove the barrier. There is very little tolerance to remove the barrier without it catching either side.. then the spring loaded fixing can get wedged deep in the "keyhole" requiring the keyhole to be dismantled to remove the internal stiffener.
After finally removing the barrier I channelled Jean Mercier :cool: ;) and "dismounted/dismantled" the spring loaded screw mechanism and reassembled it with the spring on the other side of the bracket so that it now needs to be compressed/pushed to insert into the keyhole. (Illustration #2)View attachment 7828608View attachment 7828609
It is now straightforward: offer the barrier up to the keyhole, compress the bolts simultaneously outwards with your thumbs (rather than trying to compress the spring in the opposite direction! for which you need 4 hands!: two to hold the barrier and one each side to pull the bolts back against the spring pressure to clear the keyhole) and insert the bolts, release the pressure. The bolts are now locked in position.
To remove the barrier, simultaneously press the bolts sufficiently to free the barrier, align with the top of the keyhole on each side and release the pressure. They pop out automatically!!

(I shouldn't speculate.. but I reckon the spring locking mechanism has been wrongly assembled in production. If there's a valid engineering reason why this "re-jigged" arrangement is wrong, I'd gladly be corrected.)
Brilliant!!! This should be saved as a sticky.

KDJDGrenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Will the barrier fit in the station wagon? Or will the more angled seat back prevent that?
I have the half height cargo barrier in my 5 seat station wagon. Only issue i can see is if you want to move it forward with the back seats down there is no adapter for the barrier to be moved to the front position

Back
Top Bottom