The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Special Vehicle Launch (the hard way home)

WhiteBear

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:25 PM
Reaction score
The terrain has not to be 50 cm of mud, with some rock crawling between. I belive there are quite a lot nice starting points in Eastern Europe for example.
They invite six people to UK. So they will pick the three that are hopefully capable of driving the car. And of course they have to be extremley goodlooking...

Did not register, will not meet the requirement. Just good looking for my age, but not extremely. 😂

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
That's why you'll be invited before to join a training in UK. 😉

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:25 PM
Reaction score
Anyone receive confirmation email after applying?

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No, but I tried to add something with a second log in. It was not possible to save probably because the order number has already been in the system.

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
9:25 AM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
I've entered, but I'm in France for the dates in September, so I'd be astonished if selected! Order number has to be entered as numbers only, (strip off the zeros). The website portal suggested I'd created a valid entry.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So what is everbodys guess where the "First Owners Trophy" will start?

I could imagine:

1.) Carpathians
2.) Pyrenees
3.) Northern Macedonia

Local time
Reaction score

I could imagine:

1.) Carpathians
2.) Pyrenees
3.) Northern Macedonia
Somewhere that you will need an International Driving permit for so does that mean not europe.
For all you Englishmen out there europe is somewhere near France .

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Somewhere that you will need an International Driving permit for so does that mean not europe.
For all you Englishmen out there europe is somewhere near France .
But where do you really need the IDP?

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Signed up immediately. I have an October build slot and am in UK. Retired and absolutely no reason to say if only.....
Ordered the Fieldmaster without a test drive is madness enough, so why not be totally classed as insane

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Signed up immediately. I have an October build slot and am in UK. Retired and absolutely no reason to say if only.....
Ordered the Fieldmaster without a test drive is madness enough, so why not be totally classed as insane
Most of us here would rate you insane if you wouldn’t sign up…

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I am sure there will be an element of vetting on how photogenic candidates are during the September suitability sessions.

in any case it’s good to see they want real owners and not celebrity buyers who had never heard of a an IG before their agent rang them.

I honestly wonder what the vehicles on the suitability days will be. Late prototype IG’s or will prospective candidates turn up to find they are driving Toyota Hilux or Landcruisers.

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

I could imagine:

1.) Carpathians
2.) Pyrenees
3.) Northern Macedonia

Well it's not Ireland as they don't accept the 1968 IDP.

My guess: North Cape, Nordkapp.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am sure there will be an element of vetting on how photogenic candidates are during the September suitability sessions.

in any case it’s good to see they want real owners and not celebrity buyers who had never heard of a an IG before their agent rang them.

I honestly wonder what the vehicles on the suitability days will be. Late prototype IG’s or will prospective candidates turn up to find they are driving Toyota Hilux or Landcruisers.
I do not think that the answer could be anything else than Grenadiers. Probably the last prototypes. They want some PR videos and pictures and interviews and no PR desaster. Don’t you agree?

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Signed up myself a few days ago. Didn't think I was that early with my order. Vehicle's original build was estimated as December. Not sure when it will be now.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I do not think that the answer could be anything else than Grenadiers. Probably the last prototypes. They want some PR videos and pictures and interviews and no PR desaster. Don’t you agree?
Common sense and business acumen would dictate that the vehicles will be IG’s for sure. I am sure they have enough to run several assessment drives simultaneously.

Its a certain fact if I get to that stage it will be well over 25yrs since any of my driving has been formally assessed. 😃

Back
Top Bottom