The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Special Vehicle Launch (the hard way home)

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
7:07 PM
Reaction score
Didn’t know any of that but that makes sense. Would be one hell of a drive back to the UK from there.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
12:07 AM
Reaction score
Who will btw. pay the expenses?

Fuel, overnight stays and meals?

amglounge

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes this at the very least.

Did you want to make any changes to your spec?
I will follow bemax advice and give them a call. I can live with my actual spec. Maybe minor changes if they don‘t throw me back.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Have applied today.

Curious what will happen next.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:07 PM
Reaction score
Who will btw. pay the expenses?

Fuel, overnight stays and meals?
I reckon we just stick it on Sir Jim's slate, he should be good for it.

KBKLR

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

That should take you to a video with a little info on the GS challenge which has been running for years across the world.

KBKLR

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

I note the dates are the 4th to 10th of September, so rules it out a bit possibly

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
From the T&C, expenses:

INEOS will provide those winning entrants with flights, hotels, and meals for the purposes of participating / throughout the duration of competition-related activities
(the “Prize”).

and:
Entrants accept, to the extent permitted by law, that they may be liable for all personal injury, all damage
caused to their property or the property of others whilst participating in any / all competition-related activities
:
However, INEOS will cover all reasonable and documented costs for the refurbishment/repair of any damage
caused to the entrant’s vehicle that occurs throughout the duration of any activities directly linked to the
competition;

Sounds fair to me. (y)

Cavaleiro

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see if someone from this forum will make it into the first round. That might give us a few insights. I hope that it is not under NDA, they want the public for maximum marketing, so...

Much more exciting remains the further roadmap regarding contract signing and delivery. In the forum I had not yet noticed that anyone has received a contract for signing.

amglounge

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I will follow bemax advice and give them a call. I can live with my actual spec. Maybe minor changes if they don‘t throw me back.
Update on email provider problem (t-online in this case): Today I called Ineos because I did not receive any emails since the „video“ mail. I told the very friendly man at the phone that a change of my email address at the Ineos forum solved the problem with mails that could not be forwarded to me. So he changed the address and sent a test mail which I received.
But then he told me that he is not able to send the last mails again (so I will not apply for the special delivery, which will increase your chances) and even worse, no more changes to the spec will be possible, because I didn‘t answer the July mail (which I never received). So I will have to live with the rock sliders. In fact that is more of a problem for my wife, she is afraid of dirty trousers when exiting the car.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Update on email provider problem (t-online in this case): Today I called Ineos because I did not receive any emails since the „video“ mail. I told the very friendly man at the phone that a change of my email address at the Ineos forum solved the problem with mails that could not be forwarded to me. So he changed the address and sent a test mail which I received.
But then he told me that he is not able to send the last mails again (so I will not apply for the special delivery, which will increase your chances) and even worse, no more changes to the spec will be possible, because I didn‘t answer the July mail (which I never received). So I will have to live with the rock sliders. In fact that is more of a problem for my wife, she is afraid of dirty trousers when exiting the car.
Hi am glounge, try it again. I think minor changes likes this are still possible. I am sure they will find find a solution for your wifes problem, wearing shorts in winter.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Depending on whom you have at the phone, you might fail or not. Adrian was not very cooperative, at least he was not able to get an ok from his colleagues (as it seemed). Daniel is afaik a bit higher in the hierachy, he made it for my.

My suggestion: Ask you dealership for help - and do it soon. They should have better ways to get ahead.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Does hot lips Houlihan fit in there as well?

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Does hot lips Houlihan fit in there as well?
I know what you are talking about.

I won’t say it, just leave another clue. That said with this forum having an average age of about 55 I think nearly everyone will know what it references.

suicide is painless !!

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

I won’t say it, just leave another clue. That said with this forum having an average age of about 55 I think nearly everyone will know what it references.

suicide is painless !!
How do you come up with this average age?

stickshifter

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score

I note the dates are the 4th to 10th of September, so rules it out a bit possibly
Why, is your flux capacitor broken?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
With a flux capacitor, dates become meaningless.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

suicide is painless !!
I can take or leave that comment if I please!

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
1662149994612.png
I do not know Matt Prior,
but he seems to know something regarding a Grenadier and Albania besides the GS Trophy 2022

Back
Top Bottom