The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Special Vehicle Launch (the hard way home)

amglounge

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:32 PM
Reaction score
I am worried a little bit. My built slot is September and I never received anything from Ineos but the video with my configuration.
In the meantime I couldn’t register to the new forum because email provider t-online doesn’t deliver confirmation mails from Ineos. I had to try 3 different email addresses before I received the mail and could log in to the forum again.
My dealer offered to ask Ineos, so I sent him the order number… no reply.
May be I was forgotten. So sad.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am worried a little bit. My built slot is September and I never received anything from Ineos but the video with my configuration.
In the meantime I couldn’t register to the new forum because email provider t-online doesn’t deliver confirmation mails from Ineos. I had to try 3 different email addresses before I received the mail and could log in to the forum again.
My dealer offered to ask Ineos, so I sent him the order number… no reply.
May be I was forgotten. So sad.
Maybe you should try to call the Ineos Hotline or write an email to the customer service to see if everything is still ok.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:32 PM
Reaction score
Dealer should be a bit more proactive, hope they become so. I have always had a good experience with the 'on-line chat' option which pops up on the right hand section of the Ineos website. Always had a fast reaction/phone call.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
So what is everbodys guess where the "First Owners Trophy" will start?

I could imagine:

1.) Carpathians
2.) Pyrenees
3.) Northern Macedonia
Scottish Highlands?

In Great Britain you have the Greenlaning organization and the tracks you'd need for a long distance off road tour.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
> Dealer should be a bit more proactive

Why should they? It looks very much like an Ineos event, and even worse (from a dealership point of view) they take away the dealership delivery. Though only for three customers, but they can be customers of any dealership.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:32 PM
Reaction score

Why should they? It looks very much like an Ineos event, and even worse (from a dealership point of view) they take away the dealership delivery. Though only for three customers, but they can be customers of any dealership.
Emax, do you join the club of YouTuber too?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
?

What do you mean? 🤔

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Did you also register to pick up your Grenadier in the middle of nowhere?
Not yet. Depends on the order number my latest edits will be applied to. There are still some uncertainties that will hopefully be resolved soon.

I will tell a bit more once that the drama is through.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Did anybody understand if the three „winners“ will get the first cars? Or will the event be while others will pick up their cars from the dealers?

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I'd imagined that for maximum exposure, these would be the very first customer cars delivered...
This brings into play another factor I would suggest. If they are to be some of the very first models off the line, it may preclude some people from being chosen.

For example Mr Smith is an ideal candidate but IA can’t get the colour he wants done in time or he ordered a winch that is currebtly out of stock etc etc.

stickshifter

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
Not all that many places in Europe.. Slovenia is one of them though that might fit the bill.
I saw quite a few two-door (J70) Land Cruisers in Slovenia in towns near the Julian Alps. We hiked up some challenging 4x4 roads to get to trailheads, and occasionally saw a lifted 4x4 making the trip. Our rental car would not have fared well. But Slovenia is getting crowded, maybe go somewhere else :sneaky:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
What if a 'winner' would get his car later than originally announced - just to participate in the 'Special Vehicle Launch' which happens maybe a bit later than October? (it will be later, I guess).

He would for sure not be amused.

So the event must not happen later than the announced delivery date - IMHO.

This has a consequence: either the event must be carried out quite soon (September or October), or the 'winners' must have a somewhat later build slot, e.g. November ...

Last edited:

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What if a 'winner' would get his car later than originally announced - just to participate in the 'Special Vehicle Launch' which happens maybe a bit later than October? (it will be later, I guess).

He would for sure not be amused.

So the event must not happen later than the announced delivery date - IMHO.

This has a consequence: either the event must be carried out quite soon (September or Ocotober), or the 'winners' must have a somewhat later build slot, e.g. November ...
That’s what I would think as well. But the event seems to take place between the 11th and 20th of November.
So it could be that the first deliveries will be around or behind this date

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

the dealer offered to follow up. if you offer then see it through. regardless of whose problem it is if you offer to follow up then reply back even if you get nowhere.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
If Ineos pays a compensation, everything is possible, I guess.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:32 AM
Reaction score
Signed up immediately. I have an October build slot and am in UK. Retired and absolutely no reason to say if only.....
Ordered the Fieldmaster without a test drive is madness enough, so why not be totally classed as insane
That is the Grenadier spirit right there

Cavaleiro

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Some more details and it's gonna happen somewhere in Europe:

Attachments

• FA8948B7-AE96-4F5E-8FAD-EB5751EAACBD.jpeg
    FA8948B7-AE96-4F5E-8FAD-EB5751EAACBD.jpeg
    966.5 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Turkey, Greece, Macedonia, Bulgaria would be a good start to a route.

KBKLR

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ineos providing the support vehicles for the BMW Motorrad Challenge in Albania around that time, my guess would be Albania?

Back
Top Bottom