The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

South Africa tour footage

crimson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:58 AM
Reaction score
Loads of videos and images from the South Africa tour which I couldn't find anywhere else other than on Facebook / INEOSGrenadierZA group.

Using the Safari windows as they were intended would be a priceless experience.

https://m.facebook.com/INEOSGrenadierZA/

Local time
8:58 PM
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=crimson userid=8972094 postid=1332749837]Loads of videos and images from the South Africa tour which I couldn't find anywhere else other than on Facebook / INEOSGrenadierZA group.

Using the Safari windows as they were intended would be a priceless experience.

https://m.facebook.com/INEOSGrenadierZA/[/QUOTE]

yeah those are def handy for actual safari’ing.  That said, i dont think ill ever use them so it probably wont be something i decide to spend money on

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:58 AM
Reaction score
Just watched it. They were pretty impressed although they were not very mechanically minded.. just regular blokes.
Yes agreed not mechanically minded and lots of nonsense banter but some interesting facts to pick up especially about mpg/ litres per 100km. They got 9.3l per 100km for diesel and 12.7L per 100km for petrol on a long run 1750km

Last edited:

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes agreed not mechanically minded and lots of nonsense banter but some interesting facts to pick up especially about mpg/ litres per 100km. They got 9.3l per 100km for diesel and 12.7L per 100km for petrol on a long run 1750km
Yes (@ c 13.20) he's quoting 9.3l/100km real world for the diesel, that's some 30.37mpg Imp (25.29 US) - I can live with that.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
1:58 AM
Reaction score
Production car - nope.

But so what. Although no real news I found the video was entertaining. And some offroad parts were really interesting.

EDIT: typo

Last edited:

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:58 AM
Reaction score
Haven’t watched this yet, but I enjoyed their first video. We’ve all seen enough “technical“ reviews of PT02’s etc. These guys were entertaining and “real” so I look forward to watching this. So they didn’t do their homework- others have done that and I doubt that’s what this video is really about. I’d hang around a campfire with them I think.

Right, watched it, that was a bit of fun. Enjoy these guys.

Last edited:

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:58 PM
Reaction score
So difficult to watch.
They haven't done the most basic research before going to see it.
Could have saved half the video.
Where's the battery?
Must be a turbo?
Production car - nope.

But so what. Although no real news if found the video was entertaining. And some offroad parts were really interesting.
Agree. These were the thoughts I had as I watched. How could three guys make a video and know so little about the subject about which they were intending to make the video?

Noticed the PTO2000 on the side. Not a production vehicle. But, no beeps and bongs so maybe they got the software flashed and it's good to go.

Mumblepants

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:58 AM
Reaction score
So difficult to watch.
They haven't done the most basic research before going to see it.
Could have saved half the video.
Where's the battery?
Must be a turbo?
They’ve made a video before but weren’t allowed to open the bonnet,
hence not knowing where or what is under there.

Lemon35

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
My ears perked up at 7:30 when the Ineos rep said North American order books would open on 1 September.

These guys are entertaining though. I appreciate that they were more interested in downhill control in Manual gear selection vs HDC.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
y ears perked up at 7:30 when the Ineos rep said North American order books would open on 1 September.

These guys are entertaining though. I appreciate that they were more interested in downhill control in Manual gear selection vs HDC.
I wonder if that date is for non reservation holders. As it has been said at the US your events, Prices giblven on 5/17 and Orders taken 6/17.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If I get anywhere near that I'll be well pleased ~ currently averaging just under 24mpg with my old Defender.
The hardest challenge will be to drive the Grenadier the same way (acceleration, top speed) as the Defender. I am sure that my normal driving in my TD5 will feel very slow in the Grenadier. If driven the exactly same way it will probably use even less fuel.
The Top Speed might be a German issue though I normally drive my one not with 140 km/h…

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, running it in gently will take some willpower.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:58 AM
Reaction score
The hardest challenge will be to drive the Grenadier the same way (acceleration, top speed) as the Defender. I am sure that my normal driving in my TD5 will feel very slow in the Grenadier. If driven the exactly same way it will probably use even less fuel.
The Top Speed might be a German issue though I normally drive my one not with 140 km/h…
If one were to drive at 140 km/ hr anywhere in Australia except for a stretch road in the Northern Territory, probably lose your licence, big fines.. the max is 110km/ hr on motorways, 100km/hr most other highways.😱

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
If I get anywhere near that I'll be well pleased ~ currently averaging just under 24mpg with my old Defender.
Yep 9.3L/100km is rather good... if that is in the PT02 then the production with their final engine tuning should just better that.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If one were to drive at 140 km/ hr anywhere in Australia except for a stretch road in the Northern Territory, probably lose your licence, big fines.. the max is 110km/ hr on motorways, 100km/hr most other highways.😱
I learned it the hard way when I went 121 instead of 110 km/h in 1997 near Brisbane.
It costed me 200 Australian Dollars that I didn’t had…
In Germany going 140 km/h in an old Defender is just harmful to the car and your ears ( I tried it once and measured 94 DB)

Back
Top Bottom