The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Sourcing Touch Up Paint

six1five

GG 319
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:17 PM
Reaction score
Hey y’all,

We got our first chip on the hood from some road debris. Anyone have US source for touch up paint. The German source MG Prime doesn’t ship to the US.

Looking for Eldoret Blue.

Thanks!

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:17 AM
Reaction score
Hey y’all,

We got our first chip on the hood from some road debris. Anyone have US source for touch up paint. The German source MG Prime doesn’t ship to the US.

Looking for Eldoret Blue.

Thanks!
Ok, bear with me. This may be the long way around but it confirms the paint code and could work for you.
If you're short on attention just skip to step 4.

1. The MG Prime site identifies Ineos Eldoret Blue as BASF paint code FPC
  2. BASF paints are now sold under the Glasurit brand.
  3. The Glasurit color online tool confirms that Eldoret Blue is still Glasurit paint code FPC.
  4. A Google on BASF paint code FPC will return this BASF Refinish link in the US, including Glasurit paints.
  5. A search for Nashville TN on the where to buy page returns many sellers, or select the checkbox next to Ineos and click Next and you'll get the paint formula and may be able to get it loaded into an aerosol or pen.
Hope it works out for you. I really need a nap now :sleep:

PS: My Grenadier is Eldoret Blue. Excellent choice!

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 57
  • snip.JPG
    snip.JPG
    146.4 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

carlg007

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:17 PM
Reaction score
Ok, bear with me. This may be the long way around but it confirms the paint code and could work for you.

3. The Glasurit color online tool confirms that Eldoret Blue is still Glasurit paint code FPC.
  4. A Google on BASF paint code FPC will return this BASF Refinish link in the US, including Glasurit paints.
  5. A search for Nashville TN on the where to buy page returns many sellers, or select the checkbox next to Ineos and click Next and you'll get the paint formula and may be able to get it loaded into an aerosol or pen.

Don't you think that Ineos should make this available for a touch up like many other manufactures? Now if you need to repaint a whole section of the car it is nice to know that the colors are available and thanks for the provided information.

six1five

GG 319
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

You're my hero.

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:17 PM
Reaction score

Thank You Clark for all this research. Using the Gasurit link provided I confirmed that INEOS “Scottish White” is “Colour Code FPD”. What links do you next follow to get the Line Number (I see three of them) and the detailed “Formula”?

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thank You Clark for all this research. Using the Gasurit link provided I confirmed that INEOS “Scottish White” is “Colour Code FPD”. What links do you next follow to get the Line Number (I see three of them) and the detailed “Formula”?
G'day @Ovrland Bill
Down the page there is a checkbox located under MANUFACTURER and to the left of Ineos. Check (tick) that box, then select Next at the bottom right. The next page is the formula info.
I don't know the significance of the three base lines. I expect anyone could take their Ineos paint code to a paint shop, advise it's a Glasurit (BASF) code and the shop should be able to mix it.

six1five

GG 319
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Please share local shop name. I spoke to one here, but they couldn't find Britannia Blue (code: FPI) in their system.
Sorry my friend, I went back and added the shop name to my post. It is: British Paint and Supply in Murfreesboro, TN.

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sorry, would it be English Paint and Supply? I called them to ask about Britannia Blue, but they still didn't have it in their system. Oddly enough, neither did my local EP&S.

six1five

GG 319
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sorry, would it be English Paint and Supply? I called them to ask about Britannia Blue, but they still didn't have it in their system. Oddly enough, neither did my local EP&S.
Yes, my mistake. It’s English Paint and Supply.

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No worries. Did they have the FPC code directly in their system, or did they have to look it up via alternative means?

six1five

GG 319
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No worries. Did they have the FPC code directly in their system, or did they have to look it up via alternative means?
I took a formula printout from the Glasurit website listed above. It had the FPC code and the detailed mixture.

six1five

GG 319
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yep, that's it. I think only difference I used Line 22.

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Added another pic to show all the Ineos paint colour (color) codes. Use the instructions in my post above to navigate through to the formula info for each code where available.

Perhaps one for the Resources area @Stu_Barnes ?

Attachments

• Ineos Paint Codes .png
    Ineos Paint Codes .png
    155.7 KB · Views: 52
Back
Top Bottom