The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas SOCAL Owners

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:53 PM
Reaction score
I got mine today. The website still shows in production. It’s way off
All the best. Have fun with the Grenadier!

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
9:53 AM
Reaction score
If your rig has not arrived at the dealer so far in December, prepare yourself for more delays. Very few IG's are shipping out of the Belgian port this month. So far, just 10 headed to Port Hueneme (already at port, I believe that shipped in November). Mine is already built and awaiting availability of a vehicle transport vessel in Zeebrugge. Still many weeks out......when I get updated info I'll post it here.

arakeghedzig

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone have any quotes they got from wrap companies in the area? I received a few ranging from 4-5k. Considering now doing a partial wrap on only the lower half that would be prone to scratching.

Sev4x4

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Are you thinking of PPF or just a regular wrap with vinyl?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:53 AM
Reaction score
Yay! I'm in debt!!!

And our Creamsickle is home!
It's funny how different things are.
I got the impression that early adopters from UK, Europe and Australia were paying cash for the vehicle and planned to keep for a long time.
Newer adopters seem to be taking the more traditional route of financing and only keeping for a few years.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:53 PM
Reaction score
I got the impression that early adopters from UK, Europe and Australia were paying cash for the vehicle and planned to keep for a long time.
Newer adopters seem to be taking the more traditional route of financing and only keeping for a few years.
Why are you linking financing and length of ownership? I do not plan on getting rid of my truck but also didn’t have $90 grand laying around.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:53 AM
Reaction score
Why are you linking financing and length of ownership? I do not plan on getting rid of my truck but also didn’t have $90 grand laying around.
In the earlier days of the forum, and on other platforms, there seemed to be a very high percentage of people who were retired, or like me close to retiring.
Generally you don't finance a vehicle when you don't have a job.
More recently there seems to have been a shift to younger buyers, who are in a totally different stage of their life with jobs, mortgages and financed vehicles.
This is the first new vehicle I have owned that I haven't financed.
Many retired buyers have more than one vehicle, or are looking for something they can modify, work on and own for a long time.

Last edited:

AaronS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
We financed because I didn't want to put down a wad of cash. Fingers crossed the truck proves to be reliable in the longer term... we plan to keep it until we are too old for 4x4 camping (20 or so years?).

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone have any quotes they got from wrap companies in the area? I received a few ranging from 4-5k. Considering now doing a partial wrap on only the lower half that would be prone to scratching.
Hi arakeghedzig, I am thinking of doing a partial wrap. Although I am new to wrapping, one thing to consider may be Xpel's PPF film in clear or stealth, which is a mat satin type finish. Unlike some vinyl wraps, Xpel's PPF film may last twice as long, it's warranted for 10 years. It's up to twice the thickness of vinyl wraps and is self-healing too. I am considering wrapping my roof since it will be hard to wash under my low Leitner Design rack I am installing. On one of my Range Rover Sports, the window washing fluid damaged the clear coat on the roof and i had to have it repainted. I am also going to wrap the door bottoms up about 5" to give a bit more protection. I am using WrapLabs in Westllake. Give Cooper a call and speak with him. Here's a link to Xpel's PPD film and to WrapLabs too. DaBull

Last edited:

AaronS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
What age is 'too old' for fun?!!
I'm guessing that it will no longer be fun once I'm late 70's... I could be wrong.

I am pretty damn sure that I won't want to get a new truck organized and set up once I'm past late 60s... so if the Grenadier is still going I will.

Back
Top Bottom