The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas SOCAL Owners

MossyIG

Grenadier Owner
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
8:17 AM
Reaction score
Hi all, theres quite a few in SOCAL who are in the process of ordering (myself included) and I know theres been talk of local meetups more specific to this area.

So this is the thread to start the discussion rolling.

@toedash - Fallbrook
@SonnyC - Encinitas
@IG_LA - Los Angeles
@Kb6tho - LA/San Gabriel
@Aurans - Santa Clarita
@DaBull - Silver Strand Beach Ventura County
@m-j - Los Angeles
@Stu_Barnes - Los Angeles
@STATEFARMer - Cardiff/Encinitas
@2wheelfish - Orange County
@kacerrob - SoCal
@turnerc7 - Orange County
@jeffmattSD - San Diego
@SteveO90290 - Topanga
@YellowLab - SoCal
@edquismorio - San Diego

These are a few that have been collated by @equismorio so thanks for that buddy.

Let the ideas roll ladies and gents.
Good afternoon everyone,

I wanted to say a quick hello and introduce ourselves as the INEOS Grenadier dealer in San Diego. We are beyond excited and look forward to speaking with and meeting everyone.
Information is limited at this time but if we can answer any questions we are more than happy to. Feel free to message me :)

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:17 AM
Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone,

I wanted to say a quick hello and introduce ourselves as the INEOS Grenadier dealer in San Diego. We are beyond excited and look forward to speaking with and meeting everyone.
Information is limited at this time but if we can answer any questions we are more than happy to. Feel free to message me :)
Hi MossyIG, even though I live a few miles away from you, I think this is a pretty great offer! Thank you.

MossyIG

Grenadier Owner
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
Reaction score
Hi MossyIG, even though I live a few miles away from you, I think this is a pretty great offer! Thank you.
Hi Rovie, just a few minutes? You are one of the lucky ones! Do you have or need the info on your build?

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Rovie, just a few minutes? You are one of the lucky ones! Do you have or need the info on your build?
Hi MossyIG, thank you for asking. No, I don't need any more information. I am well informed about the build date. Thanks again.

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
In Santa Barbara. I found out yesterday that my order and delivery dates were screwed up. Tim at Rusnak is trying to sort it out.

ArtCee

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
In Santa Barbara. I found out yesterday that my order and delivery dates were screwed up. Tim at Rusnak is trying to sort it out.
how did you get in contact with Rusnak, did they call or email you? I haven't hear a peep

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The truck @Stu_Barnes and I drive did not have one, but has anyone who test drove the trucks in NA seen a monroney (window) sticker?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The truck @Stu_Barnes and I drive did not have one, but has anyone who test drove the trucks in NA seen a monroney (window) sticker?
They won't have one as they aren't "official" MY24 production vehicles

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
When they arrive at dealers next month (hopefully) they will legally need them I think.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
When they arrive at dealers next month (hopefully) they will legally need them I think.
Production models being sold to customers 100% will have Monroney stickers, however, the dealer demos (just like the press vehicles and demos that Ineos employees are driving around) are technically still pre-production and missing a few things (such as full ADAS-1); thus how many/most of them made it stateside before the first official North American production model even came off the production line the third week of September

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Gotcha. I’m very curious to see how everything is listed.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
When speaking with my dealer on Friday, they indicated that Ineos owned the vehicles, not the dealer. Hence no sticker. Also as @anand. Pointed out, they don't not have any driver assist on them.

Local time
Reaction score
@Stu_Barnes Stu, not certain this is the place for this but wanted to discuss the concept of a "club house" for SoCal or out of town visitors (Basecamp). Looking to gather some ideas and gage the general interest in a place where other owners can gather, event coordination, how-to and DIY advice, maybe even a lift/tools. Maybe to grand of an idea but wanted to see what people thought.

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I received email confirmation today from Ineos that my build is scheduled for November (next month!). Rusnak told me the same. Let's see what really happens...

Local time
Reaction score
I went for a Trialmaster test drive today @ Rusnak. I had to sign a waiver, and was told the the vehicles are owed by INEOS, not Rusnak.

The rigs looks more impressive in person for sure, but after driving it I am on the fence about the purchase. Somethings I probably could have figured out before seeing it in person, but I was still interested.

Did anyone else feel that the steering was off? The steering on the INEOS feels so wrong, just turning at an intersection. The rig feels like it oversteers, not linear or not predictable at all. I have driven a solid front axle truck for many years, but nothing as strange as this. I'm sure this is something I would eventually adjust to. Also I have been reading that many that have received their Grenadiers have needed to have alignment and steering wheel centered. so this could have contributed to the strange feel.

I think the rig rides better on road that expected from a solid axle vehicle, but in a short test drive around Pasadena, you don't really get the feel for what a few hours of extended highway will be like. It could be a bit fatiguing.

The Sound system was a bit underwhelming. Getting to settings were not intuitive, in my limited exploration, and the salesperson had difficulty too. Honestly expected something better for the $$

I'm tall (my head rubs the roof of the wrangler,) and had no doubt that I would fit in as it had to be designed with Sir Jim in mind. I did feel that the front windshield cut off quite a bit of visibility to traffic light above. I had to lower the seat down a lot to comfortably see up. Perhaps a sweet spot is in there some where for me. but I didn't find it today.

Lastly and the one I could have seen ahead of time is the stadium seating, and lack of fold flat rear seats. I like to road trip/camp with the dog. I would have to remove the rear seat and custom fit a platform to have a flat area for the dog to be front & center of the cargo area. Perhaps a raised deck with storage underneath could be made.

After typing this all out, I'm more leaning toward a pass :(

Back
Top Bottom