The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas SOCAL Owners

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:06 AM
Reaction score
I went for a Trialmaster test drive today @ Rusnak. I had to sign a waiver, and was told the the vehicles are owed by INEOS, not Rusnak.

The rigs looks more impressive in person for sure, but after driving it I am on the fence about the purchase. Somethings I probably could have figured out before seeing it in person, but I was still interested.

Did anyone else feel that the steering was off? The steering on the INEOS feels so wrong, just turning at an intersection. The rig feels like it oversteers, not linear or not predictable at all. I have driven a solid front axle truck for many years, but nothing as strange as this. I'm sure this is something I would eventually adjust to. Also I have been reading that many that have received their Grenadiers have needed to have alignment and steering wheel centered. so this could have contributed to the strange feel.

I think the rig rides better on road that expected from a solid axle vehicle, but in a short test drive around Pasadena, you don't really get the feel for what a few hours of extended highway will be like. It could be a bit fatiguing.

The Sound system was a bit underwhelming. Getting to settings were not intuitive, in my limited exploration, and the salesperson had difficulty too. Honestly expected something better for the $$

I'm tall (my head rubs the roof of the wrangler,) and had no doubt that I would fit in as it had to be designed with Sir Jim in mind. I did feel that the front windshield cut off quite a bit of visibility to traffic light above. I had to lower the seat down a lot to comfortably see up. Perhaps a sweet spot is in there some where for me. but I didn't find it today.

Lastly and the one I could have seen ahead of time is the stadium seating, and lack of fold flat rear seats. I like to road trip/camp with the dog. I would have to remove the rear seat and custom fit a platform to have a flat area for the dog to be front & center of the cargo area. Perhaps a raised deck with storage underneath could be made.

After typing this all out, I'm more leaning toward a pass :(
The vehicle isn't for everyone, that is neither a positive nor a negative.
I work on the theory that if in doubt, the answer is no.
Many of us ordered without ever having seen or driven them.
Luckily I was very pleased when I did

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
10:06 AM
Reaction score
I received email confirmation today from Ineos that my build is scheduled for November (next month!). Rusnak told me the same. Let's see what really happens...
Today Ineos told me they are still trying to confirm the above info. What a wild ride......

2wheelfish

Production/Transit
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Saw my first carrier full of Grenadiers this morning on the 405 in Irvine! Unfortunately the carrier was broken down on the side of the freeway 😕. I was so stunned I couldn’t take a picture. Not sure if they were headed to Irvine or SD (or both). Get ready lucky bastards.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just found this thread...

Rusnak has said my Scottish White Trailmaster is in port... just waiting to get it to the dealer!

Looking forward to seeing a bunch of these out on the trail.
Hi AaronS, If you don't mind sharing, what was the last 5 numbers of your pre-order number or approx number. Mine is 14406. DaBull

holdmybeer

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Q: How many Chevys does it take to haul eight Grenadiers?
A: One. (y):ROFLMAO:

(I think it's a 1-ton Chevy with duallies. Someone can correct me.)

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:06 PM
Reaction score
If that's MM it might be mine. Hope to pick it up today!
I would be very pleased for you. Send a photo when you have taken it over.

arakeghedzig

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
My reservation changed from Q2 to Q1 (But not yet in production on the website)! Anyone get theirs yet?

Back
Top Bottom