The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas SOCAL Owners

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
3:45 PM
Reaction score
I'm guessing that it will no longer be fun once I'm late 70's... I could be wrong.

I am pretty damn sure that I won't want to get a new truck organized and set up once I'm past late 60s... so if the Grenadier is still going I will.
It's more important that YOU will still be going well at that age! Everyone is different regarding this concept. As a retired engineer/machinist manufacturing maven, I love projects.
I'll never stop. I have my own machine shop. I've had my Grenny for a month and will be tweaking it to my liking over the next year, in which I'll turn 73 in two months. Two years ago I was building out the ultimate (for me) 4x4 Sprinter van. I did a ton of the work myself but had the interior built out by a great van outfitter. My second one. Done the same with Land Rovers and other similar vehicles. I could do a complete vehicle every year! With the Van and the Grenny here now, I'm done for a while. Time to get out and use them. I hope to meet you on Sunday.

Jack123

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Hi all, theres quite a few in SOCAL who are in the process of ordering (myself included) and I know theres been talk of local meetups more specific to this area.

So this is the thread to start the discussion rolling.

@toedash - Fallbrook
@SonnyC - Encinitas
@IG_LA - Los Angeles
@Kb6tho - LA/San Gabriel
@Aurans - Santa Clarita
@DaBull - Silver Strand Beach Ventura County
@m-j - Los Angeles
@Stu_Barnes - Los Angeles
@STATEFARMer - Cardiff/Encinitas
@2wheelfish - Orange County
@kacerrob - SoCal
@turnerc7 - Orange County
@jeffmattSD - San Diego
@SteveO90290 - Topanga
@YellowLab - SoCal
@edquismorio - San Diego

These are a few that have been collated by @equismorio so thanks for that buddy.
Adding @bpeirce - also from San Diego
Let the ideas roll ladies and gents.

Local time
Reaction score
I have a great wrap/ppf guy in Los Angeles. Just picked mine up today from him and it looks great. Also have a new type of PPF for windshield to help protect from cracks.

SJB

Jack123

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I have a great wrap/ppf guy in Los Angeles. Just picked mine up today from him and it looks great. Also have a new type of PPF for windshield to help protect from cracks.

SJB

Thanks much SJ. How much did you pay for the whole thing?

I was quoted 1400 for ceramic coating including front windows tinting. And Windshield coating for 500. I think I am getting a pretty good deal although the windshield protection is still a bit high?

Local time
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with dealer quotes for ceramic as I typically do that myself. Depending on how new your Grenadier is you may be able to do yourself very easily to save some money. I paid 700 for Windshield PPF. Apparently they've had a lot of success with G Wagon Windshields using this same tech. 500 sounds very reasonable though. From my understanding the windshield PPF is special type of PPF that has thicker material and maintains glass like visibility. I tried buying online to give a go myself but they will only sell to certified dealers.

I went with the traditional Grenadier Wrap that Ineos has on some of the marketing material to help break up my Scottish White. Also tinted the last 4 windows (to try and keep the dogs cooler).

Tint was 300
Vinyl all together was 1600.

arakeghedzig

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score

SJB
I'm still on the fence because the Inky black has grown on me. Did you go with a full body vinyl wrap? Was it under $4k? I ended up doing the ceramic coat myself, but only the plastic trims outside the car since those will go bad quick.

Local time
Reaction score
I just did the front bikini style, A pillars, roof and rear 30 door for 1600. Inky Black is an incredible color! I wrapped for protection and also to make it somewhat unique as we'll see more and more on the road. What Ceramic did you use for the plastic exterior pieces?

arakeghedzig

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I just did the front bikini style, A pillars, roof and rear 30 door for 1600. Inky Black is an incredible color! I wrapped for protection and also to make it somewhat unique as we'll see more and more on the road. What Ceramic did you use for the plastic exterior pieces?
Gtechniq C4

Kevin Mokracek

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone know if Rusnak or Sierra offers loaners while you're getting warranty work done?
I had work done at Rusnak a few months ago and they only offered an Uber but I didn't press them for a loaner. About a month prior to that I was asking about some HVAC work and they said bring it in and they would give me a loaner if I needed it. I ended up not getting the work done so didn't need the loaner but they did offer it.

AndyT

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Greetings all! Just checking in. I am officially a proud owner of a Magic Mushroom Grenadier. Totally stock except for window tinting. Based in San Diego (North County) and my dealer was Mossy Ineos. Shout out to Kalen and Mir who were the two Mossy salesmen that helped make it a smooth sale process. I ordered a Wolfbox digital rear mirror, and will be making the decision on rock-sliders/side steps soon. Leaning towards the ones made by White Knuckle Off-Road...I also very much want to wrap my 30% door orangy-red.
I'm an avid backpacker, so I've been in many areas in Anza Borrego, Joshua Tree, Mojave, and Death Valley on foot. The truck will now get me deeper into the desert. I am not an over-lander, so no RTT for me! I just need a vehicle that will get me into the backcountry. I'd love to get a roof rack, but I may not get much use out of it since I pack light when I venture outdoors...we'll see. Looking forward to local meet-ups.

Local time
Reaction score
I had work done at Rusnak a few months ago and they only offered an Uber but I didn't press them for a loaner. About a month prior to that I was asking about some HVAC work and they said bring it in and they would give me a loaner if I needed it. I ended up not getting the work done so didn't need the loaner but they did offer it.

Have not asked, nor was it offered (Sierra). Hopefully they will in the future.

Thanks guys. I'm asking because this next purchase will be my daily driver as well. I understand the brand is new and may have some quirks to iron out this first year. Which may lead to some time at the dealer getting its quirks ironed out. Therefore hoping that loaners would be provided and not just an Uber.

Back
Top Bottom