The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

So where are all the first impressions? (right here)

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:20 AM
Reaction score
@Ingemar recently posted his 10,000km review on Youtube here and it's definitely worth a watch. I am curious to know if other owners have the same, frankly, cheap looking and operating plastic bonnet release and large rear door handles. See the linked video starting at the 1:30 minute mark. If so, I really hope this and other plastics are upgraded before the U.S. release. I have also seen reports of flimsy plastic for the large rear door storage compartment, bottle jack cover, and even the covers for the exterior roof electrical outlets.
I already have my Grenadier and didn’t think the bonnet and rear catch were particularly cheap in their quality and feel. Overall I am not bowled over by the interior plastics and plan to have much of it covered with a 4 way stretch marine grade carpet.

Reactions: PBD

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks these are cheap or flimsy needs to look at the Toyota 70 series interior trim. It's very similar, but robust none the less

Ingemar

Grenadier Owner
Hard Way Home Winner
Local time
1:20 AM
Reaction score
I already have my Grenadier and didn’t think the bonnet and rear catch were particularly cheap in their quality and feel. Overall I am not bowled over by the interior plastics and plan to have much of it covered with a 4 way stretch marine grade carpet.
...not particularly cheap but it doesn't match the rest of the car in my opinion. but i think it's an easy fix if someone wants to change it...

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:20 PM
Reaction score
To my eyes, these plastic bits mentioned and shown appear to be prototype level quality. Do they detract from the ability of the vehicle to navigate muddy ruts? Nope. But they do impact the impression the vehicle makes to those not well versed in the minutiae of the vehicle (like most of us here) - and I'm including the WAF factor here. It definitely does not fit the Built on Purpose mantra. I've never once thought about the possible need to replace things such as a bonnet handle, door latch, or storage compartment cover in any previous vehicle I have owned, and they have run the gamut in overall vehicle quality. Definitely an area that Ineos needs to improve, and we're not talking about adding Teak wood or polished Mahogany to the interior. It's just simply upgrading the quality of the plastic used and their fitment.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In my opinion everything is durable enough for the purpose of such a car. But the gaps between all exterior plastic parts to the bodywork annoys me really. It is not a matter of the gaps itself. I wouldn’t care at all. But there is so much space where dust and mud and whatever else will get in and start rotting.

AWo

Local time
Reaction score
Can someone check the place in the front left wheelhouse, behind the cover? In a later prototype I saw there a thick ground cable mounted to the frame boom. The cover was mounted in a way, that the lower cover overlapped the upper cover building an excellent water and mud trap right where the ground cable is located.

Is that still the case?

20221026_132436.jpg

Cheers
AWo

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:20 AM
Reaction score
The bonnet release isn’t as solid as the twin pull one on my 5 series, but the rear back door one is in to the job no problem.. There are a few areas of flimsy plastic, but they’re more that offset by other items of super high quality like the stainless steel tie down rings which are way over engineered but look great and will last a life time. ditto the heavy duty floor covering.
The rear door first aid kit cover and the Jack storage are the only buts I’d want changing out and I’m pretty sure that there will be some cool after market stuff for that.
I ordered the table for the rear door so that solves one problem.............when it arrives

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yesterday my one drove me nuts with every possible red and yellow warning at every new start. Today when driving the first time a longer trip with my wife, NO WARNING AT ALL!
Damn this vehicle knows when it is time to shut up! 😂
Hope so, I am going to get a lot of “I told you so” otherwise

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hope so, I am going to get a lot of “I told you so” otherwise
If this car beeps at my wife and goes all honkety-beep-birp.... I'll be stabbed in my sleep. She said after the last debacle with "in production now not in production" to cancel, get a proper car, and get off this wait list. My response was... no. She does not know about the electrical gremlins... so I can bluff through that if they occur for a little while (until she reads this forum) at which point she will again hurt me...

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
If this car beeps at my wife and goes all honkety-beep-birp.... I'll be stabbed in my sleep. She said after the last debacle with "in production now not in production" to cancel, get a proper car, and get off this wait list. My response was... no. She does not know about the electrical gremlins... so I can bluff through that if they occur for a little while (until she reads this forum) at which point she will again hurt me...
Well if she doesn't stab you I am sure others will.
Any chance you can take a drink of a good scotch and stop all the negativity.

Fab

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That sounds like you have a real good relationship with your wife, don’t worry, just tell her your truth and you'll be okay. How big is she?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
We're in Tremadog and my wife spent 10 minutes pre dinner going through the negative comments on the Harry film, picking them apart as a crow does to roadkill.
You could trade your wife in?

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
We're in Tremadog and my wife spent 10 minutes pre dinner going through the negative comments on the Harry film, picking them apart as a crow does to roadkill.
You could trade your wife in?
I live only 12 miles from the North Wales border, near Chester. If I was going to be home and you were in North Wales I would have suggested a meeting or for you guys to visit for dinner. How long you in the UK?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I live only 12 miles from the North Wales border, near Chester. If I was going to be home and you were in North Wales I would have suggested a meeting or for you guys to visit for dinner. How long you in the UK?
Sadly we're on a very tight schedule. After a night with my cousin in Hay, we have to get the hire car back to Exeter by 11 am. Then Cornwall walk and fly over to Slovenia.
But many thanks for the offer!
And when you visit Tassy...

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sadly we're on a very tight schedule. After a night with my cousin in Hay, we have to get the hire car back to Exeter by 11 am. Then Cornwall walk and fly over to Slovenia.
But many thanks for the offer!
And when you visit Tassy...
Lots of my colleagues been over there as it was the only deep diving school for a while. Told it is a beautiful place.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Many parts are like Britain , minus the crowds.
Other parts are unlike anywhere.
I have friends and relatives on the mainland. It is somewhere the wife and me really need to consider visiting. Many thanks for the offer.

Back
Top Bottom