The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

So where are all the first impressions? (right here)

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:26 AM
Reaction score
Looks like mine 😎. Very disappointing re the software issues. Agreed on the usb charging points a solution needed. Hopefully someone will share a neat easy solution. Hope you get the gremlins fixed ASAP.
A suggestion about "gremlins".
Most of the vehicles have been sitting at the dealership for a lengthy period. Parasitic drag on the main battery can wreak havoc with various systems where fractions of a volt can signal a "problem".
Put the battery charger on and make sure you have a full battery....
(Another valuable "Life Lesson" from Land Rover days which cured wife's new supposedly "idiosyncratic" Subaru of its gremlins)

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:26 PM
Reaction score
Such a great colour! hopefully your gremlins get sorted. Out of interest, was yours sitting around for a while? I'm wondering whether any of these problems are battery voltage related? Many vehicles have been sitting around for weeks even months, and battery issues often result in weird glitches and gremilns....
Yes, it was at the dealer for quite a while, but software updates were carried out and a Ctek battery charge maintenance device was also connected. By the way, I have also connected this Ctek device since it has been in my garage. I also use several of these devices for my LR.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve just got back from six hours driving today in mine - nothing exciting, sadly.

However, I too struggled to get the HVAC to work consistently to a set temperature. I noticed after a while that when you turn the temp dial, it shows the temp (in degrees) on the central screen for a few seconds. However, pressing the Auto button, didn’t hold the temperature. It just kept blowing cold air. Switch off the Auto button, and it blew hot air - without changing the temperature.

Would love to hear if anyone has mastered it.

I also had a few software issues, with a few spurious warnings (Climate Control, PDC, a few others). Turned on and off a few times, some persisted, others cleared. Then I tried switching the ignition on and leaving the car for about 30 seconds. Seemed to go through all its checks. Then I started it. No more spurious warnings, for the three hour journey home.

Might be worth giving it a try and see what happens.

Finally, I have zero vibration at any rpm. Just smooth all the way through.

Hope this helps
The issue with the air conditioning is exactly the same as mine.
I'm curious to hear what others have to say.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks Rovie.

Amazing how MM changes colour. It often looks like SW and other times almost pink.

Software issues - I would give it a few more drives and then take car back to the agent if it continues - maybe the "update" was not completed correctly.
Of course. I also stayed that way with my dealer. We have a very good contact!

Reactions: PBD

Schoeniman

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:26 PM
Reaction score
Great photos and good to hear positive comments.
Got an I Kamper set up as well although on the trailer.
Will probably be getting the Frontrunner rack for the car given the “already purchaser” Rhino wont be around till July.
Enjoy Italy, where are you going?
Paul
We‘ll be going all around/through Italy for the next 2 months.
by now the FronRunner slimline 2, iKamper Skycamp 3 and quick pitch awning are installed.
I will post pictures when it‘s completely ready

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
7) I find the USB ports in the middle box inconveniently placed. Cables or USB sticks are in the middle of the box. If you are careless or reach in roughly, you can tear them off. I am looking for another solution.
Try to find angled USB plugs. The cable can then easily be taped to the box wall.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I'm wondering whether any of these problems are battery voltage related? Many vehicles have been sitting around for weeks even months, and battery issues often result in weird glitches and gremilns....
Hope dies last. Would make sense after start, but not on the way home where the battery already was been charged.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I have done. 0.5m angled usb c.
They are not so easy to find. perhaps you can post a product link?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:26 PM
Reaction score
A little embarrassing for those of us that shirked Land Rover for their software issues. I was hoping that with half the ECU’s (allegedly) the software would be far more robust.
So far the issues seem annoying but not serious; contrast with early Defender issues such as vehicles stuck in 2wd and I still think we're quids in.

Back
Top Bottom